Anyone here watch the Real World Paris?

FBGangsta

Don Juan
Reaction score
I do. Well, let's talk about it, I think there's some stuff worth mentioning.

Ace: I think he is a DJ. Girls like him, and he never seems to be doing AFCish stuff on camera.

CT: A**hole. He doesn't do what girls tell him to do, and I just love the way he pisses Leah off. However, so far he seems not to know when to stop being an a**hole and make moves. Still, I think the girls dig him cause of his attitude.

Adam: AFC. What he said to Malory, he tries too hard, when he scored with the one chick he looked like a loser when he was walking with her to the train station. If anyone saw tonight's episode, you'll notice he calls this girl like 10 times. Even Ace and CT called him on that.

Simon: no comment

What do ya'll think?

DreamyChick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by FBGangsta

Ace: I think he is a DJ. Girls like him, and he never seems to be doing AFCish stuff on camera.

CT: A**hole. He doesn't do what girls tell him to do, and I just love the way he pisses Leah off. However, so far he seems not to know when to stop being an a**hole and make moves. Still, I think the girls dig him cause of his attitude.

Adam: AFC. What he said to Malory, he tries too hard, when he scored with the one chick he looked like a loser when he was walking with her to the train station. If anyone saw tonight's episode, you'll notice he calls this girl like 10 times. Even Ace and CT called him on that.

What do ya'll think?
I know my opinion doesn't count much on this topic, but oh well. :) I watched tonight's episode and Adam definitely has not impressed me at all. If he wants to play all the women in paris why is he calling one girl ten times and then freaks out going omg she wants more? Naturally, I think he just comes off as insincere and fake. Which guy is the real Adam? I definitely agree with Ace Adam has insecurity issues. No girl will be able to fill his emptiness.

I definitely dig Ace. I have a lot more respect for him than I do Adam, even though he kissed Mallory while he had a gf. But I've forgiven him because he comes off as real and down to earth. He just seems cool laid back and cares about others even though there's a good chance that he wants to play the field as well. He lives in GA as well maybe our paths will cross in the future. :)

CT is definitely an immature jerk. Why does he come off so hostile towards the ladies in the house? Could it be that he's a scorned Afc? I think he has some insecurity issues as well to boot. But I do gotta give him credit for not fully fessing up to the flower incident, however I can understand the girls' perspective as well. It wasn't fair to the guy that really sent them.

SLIKKER_THAN_AVG

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OMG, Dreamy..Another girl who obsesses about these lame ass reality shows..

And to think i post here on this forum to escape the madness of my coworker at work who rants and raves about them all day long..

The madness!! ;)

DreamyChick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by SLIKKER_THAN_AVG
OMG, Dreamy..Another girl who obsesses about these lame ass reality shows..

And to think i post here on this forum to escape the madness of my coworker at work who rants and raves about them all day long..

The madness!! ;)
Hey be nice there Slik :) Oh FYI Pyscho Killer has made a reappearence. He still wants to give me those cds. Good thing I am back in control. Any suggestions how to deal with him?

SLIKKER_THAN_AVG

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WEll, if i recall, i think the "advice" i gave you was..

a.) Tell him to f*ck off
b.) Tell him to f*ck off
c.) Tell him to f*ck off

HOWEVER.. i think you seemed to be a little taken with the guy...SO..if that is still the case...then i have no comment :)

Anyways I still stand by my comments...so you should:

a.) Tell him to f*ck off
b.) Give him the number for the nearest Wal Mart so he can get those CD's

Why you may ask?

Because....

a.) He had a dream about murdering you with a pick axe
b.) See the above statement

Hope it clears things up Dreamy. ;)

CaliforniaKing

Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't seen the newest episode, but in a relatively new episode that CT guy calls back his ex-girl and she totally disses him. He was real drunk and he got totally turned down ,'just stop calling me' or along the lines of that. Bad move indeed. If you seen the episode you know what I'm talking about.

DreamyChick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by SLIKKER_THAN_AVG
WEll, if i recall, i think the "advice" i gave you was..

a.) Tell him to f*ck off
b.) Tell him to f*ck off
c.) Tell him to f*ck off

HOWEVER.. i think you seemed to be a little taken with the guy...SO..if that is still the case...then i have no comment :)

Anyways I still stand by my comments...so you should:

a.) Tell him to f*ck off
b.) Give him the number for the nearest Wal Mart so he can get those CD's

Why you may ask?

Because....

a.) He had a dream about murdering you with a pick axe...no no he watched me get run over by a school bus get it right man.
b.) See the above statement

Hope it clears things up Dreamy. ;)
Copy that loud and clear Sir. :)
PS Still undecided on the taken part. LOL The convo we had last night was a bit weird but I will not lose my control.

CT is a jerk.

MoMurda

Banned
Reaction score
thoses shows are such horse sh*t, every notice the ratio of white people to non whites,??? They pick like 6 white people and throw in one black or asain or even a F A GGET so as to not get threats from minoritiy gropus. Cute huh, when is the last time u say a hispanic on the real world, and I mean more than one, ?MTV, rasict fuc. Sux on my P90 till it busts a 230 gr slug in yo mouth.

Mr. Mystery

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MoMurda
MTV, rasict fuc. Sux on my P90 till it busts a 230 gr slug in yo mouth.
What the??

You got a point though, at least about the racism. Actually me and my friends were hangin out one night (two white guys and an asian) and we thought it would be hilarious if BET made a Real World: Harlem or something, with like one white guys. We laughed about it all night talking about how the white guy would get bullied and all.

Then that bastard Dave Chappelle stole our idea!! But he did a good job with it! lol

Mr. Mystery

SexPDX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You'd have pleny of examples of "DJ", "AFC" and whatever else to discuss if you would just concentrate on your own life and what's going on there rather than TV.

-PDX

becker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by FBGangsta

What do ya'll think?
Actually, here's what I think about Ace. He's a bit of a dorky white trash hick boy, but he happens to be a pretty attractive guy physically. Girls go for looks, no question, and if you have looks, you don't need to do anything except stop chasing women and you'll be pursued. This is partly why I feel that if you're an ugly guy with a good looking girl, consider yourself lucky, but not totally out of firing range, because when a better looking guy with same or better personality comes along, you might just be history.

The magic combination here is this: good looking guy + carefree, non-clingy attitude = DJ. I think that the main thing with these shows is that there are no really ugly people chosen for the shows, so it's basically a bunch of attractive people thrown into a pot. It's no mystery that one attractive person will be attracted to another attractive person (we're talking looks alone here). Furthermore, these folks chosen to do these shows are taken from a huge pool of applicants and they need some personality to make it. Thus, the folks on this show will likely have both good physical qualities and have interesting personalities.

That black guy is definitely the epitome of AFC. He's pretty pathetic, yet tries to come off as though he isn't. It's a good lesson to everyone that don't try to hard not to be AFC, because often it comes off as just that.

CT is the man, he has this I don't give a crap attitude, but yet we all know he's hurtin' inside and is not the smoothest guy in the world. He's got the Boston accent going for him. Also, he has that clueless look that he goes into as though it's some kind of trance. Those of you who watch the show know what I mean.

Anyways, the Real World is a great show, not because it depicts the "real" world, but rather because it is as far from it as it can be.

MikeYikes122

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by SexPDX
You'd have pleny of examples of "DJ", "AFC" and whatever else to discuss if you would just concentrate on your own life and what's going on there rather than TV.

-PDX
Yeah, you all had better listen to this guy because he has a ton of posts, so maybe he can give us a list of non-AFC TV shows. (that was sarcasm)....

But anyway, my opinion is that those girls like Ace because he stands out from those other jokers on there, and he is just an overall good guy. A friend of mine who is a girl lives off this show, and she even told me once that she thought CT was a lot more attractive than any of those other guys. It seems like Ace is just an all around good-guy. The girls seem to like him just because he is fun to be around, funny, and carefree. It seems like everytime he is around people are laughing and just having a good time and stuff.

So I don't think it's just his looks, it's his personality that the girls are genuinely attracted to. That Melanie chick even said something that caught my attention once, something like. "I love Ace. He's so funny. Funny men are so sexy." So I think we have three classic stereotypes on this show.

Adam - Slightly attractive guy who has succeeded everywhere else in his life except with women. I guess he is a pretty stereotypical AFC with women as the central goal of his life.

CT - "Hot" jerk who attracts girls until he p!sses them off.

Ace - A "cute", good guy who is fun to be around. I guess he is the DJ

becker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As much as Ace is a good guy and funny, I think that his looks help him out big time.

I mean, come on, most of the stuff he does is pretty normal run of the mill guy who just acts like he doesn't care about anything. Most guys who are unable to act like Ace does are not in relationships, and that creates this feeling that they want to get out of that situation, so they tend to be more cautious.

I want to point out that he has a GF, which makes it a ton easier to be all carefree and stuff like that because in his mind, he's not looking to hook up, but if it turns out that way, he's not going to complain.

It's the whole catch-22 of it all. If you're involved, you're much more able to act in a manner that ends up being attractive to others since you're not trying to attract people, so you come off as independent, non-clingy, etc.

Look at Adam, who is trying to get with a girl. He's probably able to be somewhat charismatic sometimes, but he's also inhibited by the fact that he's a bit desperate. Put him in a committed relationship, then send him out there, and he will likely exude the better qualities that tend to attract women.

drixsa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ACE is a cool guy and a good definition of what a DJ is

he is cool, laid back, fun to be with, and EVERYONE likes him, you ever see anyone have a prob with him? he has every girl in the house interested in him with out him really tryin. Hes just being HIMSELF

CT is a dumbass. he knows absolutley nothin about woman. he says all the wrong things, acts like a jackass then puts on a sad face , like "who, me?" he had an oppourtunity with that christina girl and he blew it

adam is insecure as hell. hes a good example of many on this site. he realizes how to pick up girls, quite well actually, but he is prolly the dumbest person to ever go to stanford. it seems like he really is not havin fun and is tryin to prove things to others. and WTF is up with that hair? hes just one of those hypocritical ppl that will smile at ya then stab you in the back

BWSL2

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ace is a straight-up DJ. Yes, he has the looks, but he also has the personality down. Look at the first episode-he brought that trunk full of hats and props, just to keep things interesting. He's the one that got the hot tub running to cool tensions in the group. (I can't think of anything else because I've seen about two episodes, and I tend to keep it that way.) He has a GF, good guy, funny, original, basically the leader of the group. He's my boy.

I ache in CT's case. He could be a great DJ, but like so many, he just holds himself back. I hope he at some point turns it around. Man, he should have hit it with that Asian broad. GOD was she hot!

Adam-I want to kick his ass. Hard.

The broads:
I'd nail each and every one of 'em. I like the Asian, Mallory, Leah, in that order. Leah needs to drop about 10 pounds, or just the double chin and dependent attitude.

The race issue: Remember how much the Back to New York season kicked ass? It's because it was the first cast to have more minorities than white people. And most of them were smart. They were all good looking (sans the blonde girl,) but it never got out of hand. That's why I absolutely hated the Las Vegas season. The first lesbian makeout was fantastic, but you'd be surprised how boring 7 models screwing and getting drunk can be. And yes, I'm betting they could all get work as models.

More smart, ugly, black people on the Real World, and everyone's happy!

becker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's probably the most important lesson to be learned in this post. I said it above, and I'll try to re-hash it.

Ace is a good looking guy, but I'll bet that he's not as DJ as he seems, at least not in the sense that we're talking about. I mean, if that's a DJ, then there are a lot more DJs out there than I thought. One example, when he was in that French restaurant and he was whining about the Coke being $4.00. Most girls would have probably told him to stop being such a crybaby, but these girls were drawn to him. The reality of it all is that a good looking guy can clearly get away with a lot more annoying behavior than if he were an ugly guy that was doing the same thing.

The whole hot tub thing, I mean, to me, that's just being outgoing. Nothing special, but actually, it is because he's a good looking guy doing it. Haven't you guys had some friends who were not so good looking try to pull off these types of stunts and just get turned down? A girl is not going to go ga-ga over an ugly guy who does everything Ace did. Bottom line.

Now here's the most important point to be made. It's so darn easy when you have a GF to just let loose all your inhibitions and to come off as a totally independent, "I don't need any girls" type of guy, which is what many girls tend to be attracted to (to a certain degree, because you have to be good looking!). Just notice that Ace was not doing any flirting here (so no DJ techniques such as kino, C+F (just F!)) and the girls were all over him. Bottom line here. You have a guy, he's good looking, has a GF (probably largely due to the fact that he's good looking). He has probably had many others before as well. Anyways, the presence of a GF means that he's not in need of another (although it seems like he'd be ok if he found another one). This means that he can just act like a DJ with absolutely no fear of rejection (since he has a GF, which is the anchor that keeps him from drifting into AFC territory). Let's see him if he doesn't have a GF and is unable to get one. Then see how independent, C+F and stuff he can be.

It's important to just realize that being a DJ is one thing, being a good looking one is a whole different story. I just want to make sure everyone knows that this is a great example of why it's so difficult to just become a DJ if you've been AFC for most of your life. It's because it's a mindset, and most people's minds, once set, are difficult to change. Think about trying to unlearn something you already know. Could you forget how to sing the ABCs? You'll know it forever, and there's not much you can do to change that.

If any of you are having trouble with being more DJ, just take a lesson from Ace and the best you can do is to convince yourself you don't need a girl and if you never get another girl for the rest of your life, you'll be happy as long as you can say or do anything you want. I promise that many of you can't get past the first hurdle, because you all feel like you need a woman for your life to be better, hence the viscious cycle.

MoMurda

Banned
Reaction score
tv??

Originally posted by SexPDX

-PDX
Yeah, I hate tv, every hour you watch leads to you being more susectible(sp?) to depression, and ya know what, unlike video games,etc, tv makes your brain inactive, you just watch, and .....that is all you can do...

MoMurda

Banned
Reaction score
Re: Re: Anyone here watch the Real World Paris?

Originally posted by becker
[Anyways, the Real World is a great show, not because it depicts the "real" world, but rather because it is as far from it as it can be. [/B]

That is why i stopped wathcing any kind of trivial, non educational tv shows, hell, discovery channel is more interesting than watching some spoiled bratty lil *****es whine about who didn't flush the 1000 dollar toilet last night.

Oscar Wilde

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good point becker has there - any bog-standard AFC with a girlfriend will have noticed that they're immediately more attractive to girls (like my sister told me last night, women WANT a man who's already taken).

Even me, in full AFC mode, I had hanging outta me left right and centre in clubs when I was going out with my gf (and she wasn't even there). It's just the nonchalent attitude one gets.

Oh, and I'm not sure where you're going busting on SexPDX but he has some damn golden posts in the bible and tips.

Osc.

Top Bottom