Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Anyone here suffer from ADD? I might be :(!

white sox bill

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe its the fact that I soooooo busy with work, I'm getting unorganized. One small example of this past Wednesday happenings:

I had a business meeting at Country Club (no its not a snobby club either) at 11:45, so I left office 30 minutes early so I could renew my motorcycle's license sticker. I drove to there, got in parking lot and realized that they had move to another location. Soo I drove there, 7 minutes away, pulled in parking lot and realized that they were only there temporarly and that they were at another location across town.

It gets better...I realize I don;t have time to drive there now so I show up at Country Club and ask the girl about the group I was supposed to meet. She looks on the schedule and informs me that the luncheon is TOMOROW rather than today!!:confused: :mad:

Is it ADD or just a bad day? Seems like I'm getting more and more of this! Would medication help?
Bill

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
People don't usually develop ADD as an adult. If you have it, you would have been having problems back as a child. Forgetting things could be stress, not enough sleep, poor diet, having too much on your mind, etc. It could also be a medical issue, so if it is an ongoing problem you should see a doctor.

Phyzzle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
At your age - senility.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Phyzzle said:
At your age - senility.
unlikely...senility that early is very rare.

BluEyes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have ADD...

Was diagnosed when i was 8, and also diagnosed with ADHD as well as an oral learning disability.

Deal with it.

Docs

Banned
Reaction score
My life is busy too, like insanely busy in comparison to the before life. I kept missing appointments, forgetting what I was going to do for the day, what I needed to get done.

What did I do? I went and bought a day planner, some pens and some postit notes. Haven't missed a thing yet. It's all in how you plan yourself.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had ADD symptoms before removing allergic foods from my diet.

Skel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have ADD. Sometimes adults dont realize they have been living with it until they are older. If you think you suffer from ADD you may want to ask your doctor. By the way, what you described doesent really sound like ADD.

Engetsu

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
For you to have ADD you'd need many symptoms over a yearlong period. However even if your symptoms have been longlasting, I think some other etiology might explain it considering your being an adult and ADD being often the natural progression of ADHD (attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder). Go visit your doctor.

Sanity_Cleaver

Don Juan
Reaction score
There are scientifically developed tests you can take on the internet for free. Just google 'ADD test' or something.

That isnt a diagnosis though- but if the test tells you you should see a medical professional you should. They then check you out, and give you a diagnosis.

Monaco

Don Juan
Reaction score
PlasticSurgeon said:
If it happens more than once in a while, it's interfering with your life, therefore see a psychiatrist (NOT A PSYCHOLOGIST.. a licensed Psychiatrist with an Medical Degree). He will take a full proper history and then determine whether you should be on Ritalin or Adderall or some type of combo. Meds help a lot, I have ADD and was on meds, they changed my life. I went from barely passing my classes in med school to getting a 99 percentile on my USMLE's! Focus baby.
I was recently diagnosed with Adult ADHD (Inattentive type). Like you, I am extremely capable and really falling short of my expectations. I just booked an appointment with the psych to discuss possible treatments. I was hoping you could give me a little more info about what you took/how it worked, etc. I'm hearing lots of good things about Dexedrine. Anyways, if you have time, shoot me a pm, thanks! :up:

In terms of the OP, this doesn't really sound like ADD. Usually an ADD diagnosis is made based on either inattentivity, hyperactivity and impulsivity (or a mixture of the three). It is definately something with symptoms that exist since childhood, i.e.: if you're older - you won't suddenly develop it. This could be more stress related. Still, if you are concerned you should probably see someone about it.

Monaco

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks. Yeah, I've done quite an extensive assessment but I had to be referred to a psychiatrist to get the Rx filled. Thanks for all the info, I'll definately keep reading up on it.