Anyone here ever gotten a nose job? Did it make a huge difference?

thatfeel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm going to visit an otolaryngologist later today to have my nose looked at for reconstructive surgery since it always feels like my breathing is suboptimal and also because my nose always feels clogged.

However, I was going to inquire about plastic surgery as well. I've always been generally comfortable with my facial looks, however, when I turn my head to the side or an angle like 45 degrees the middle of my nose bridge has always been kind of an issue for me and I worry that it's one small step away from giving me pretty awesome facial looks. It just needs to be "filed down" or reduced.

Anyone here ever gotten plastic surgery for their nose purely for cosmetic reasons and did it make a huge difference in terms of women?

thatfeel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yup.

Reptar

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've thought about it. I feel like the difference it might have would be due to your newfound confidence rather than whatever difference you look like after a plastic surgery. Try reading Psycho-Cybernetics. It's by a plastic surgeon who wrote about how somebody's self-image can be changed without plastic surgery, and how sometimes his clients would be the same even after surgery.

thatfeel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll give it a look. Anyway, it's also not that I just have a "bump on my nose", my ridge is bony and is 'humped' yes but I also have a deviated septum that pulls my nose slightly left and taut downwards. So it's not just purely cosmetic stuff.

Last edited:

Reptar

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll give it a look. Anyway, it's also not that I just have a "bump on my nose", my ridge is bony and is 'humped' yes but I also have a deviated septum that pulls my nose slightly left and taut downwards. So it's not just purely cosmetic stuff.
If there's more than cosmetic reasons then it sounds like there's no reason not to. I have a buddy who is a natural who got plastic surgery on his ears for purely cosmetic reasons. This is a guy who slept with over 30 or 40 women before he was 21, and gets quality quite often.

People have insecurities. It's natural and nothing wrong with doing something about it. I imagine most guys on here and in the community are anti-plastic surgery, all "do it yourself change your personality etc." I disagree strongly. Everybody is different, it's a decision you have to make on your own. Getting perspective is a good idea, just know that you're probably going to get the same kinds of answers a lot. Even I didn't think my buddy should have gotten the surgery, but to date (he got it over a year ago), he is glad he did it and feels much better about it.

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Get a good surgeon, ask questions, nose job shows if not well done.

If you can get it reimbursed by t government or your private insurance