Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Anyone here achieved EXCEPTIONAL HEALTH??

wayword

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are tons of things to do to maximize your health. Some far easier than others...

I think 2 easy things are getting enough sleep (far more important than you think) and eating a blood-alkalizing diet. Eat a bunch of spinach everyday like Popeye!

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Truly good health is difficult to pin down.

For example, I have a coworker who has lost 20 lbs in the last 4 months. Sure it's better for him to have lost that weight, but the method in which he did it is questionable. He restricts calories and counts them religiously. He only exercises moderately, but the real problem lies in the food he eats. He doesn't cook at all, he eats Lean Cuisine boxes which are highly processed. He complains that he's tired alot during the work day. I have seen him drink 3 Starbucks cups in a day.

He also takes a nap then stays up late to study for some exams in our field.

This isn't true health is it.

Short term diets are just that a short term solution. We need something that will work long term.

Looking at my past when I was fittest it was due to the main circumstances.

1) I have always worked out pretty consistently, but i have gotten the most ripped when I lived somewhere where I also had to walk alot as part of my daily routine.

2) When i cooked for myself on a regular basis, I saved alot of money and ate better.

3) I used to sleep alot more. The last few years I considered less sleep and workaholism a code of honor. This has led to poor health and a variety of related problems I never had before. Namely heartburn. I got heartburn because i too have drank a ton of coffee.

I will write more in a bit but i have some new ideas...

Flyer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah. just did a max v02 test. 52.6

Above average for lifter.

Tips: train hard, train strong.. always look for ways to improve yourself.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
With the pending new year and tons of resolutions this deserves a big bump to the top.

Dean Karnaizes does a version of the paleo diet and he's an ultramarathoner.

Heres what I'm thinking for the new year in light of all the challenges with work, etc and wanting to have maximum energy

1) Fluid intake- The majority of it will be water. I will allow milk, protein shakes, and occasional juices like pomegranate. I love coffee but it gives me heartburn so I have to limit it to no more than 1 or 2 cups a week. I love beer and the same should apply. I want some of the benefits of wine, but due to alcohol and controlling calories, I must limit it to 1 or 2 drinks a week.

2) Meal frequency. I need to nail this down. I've experimented with both. The only problem with trying to bump it up to 5-6 meals is that inevitably i get too full and end up wasting some of the other meals.

3) Rest. I will take naps and some of them will occur at lunchtime at work. I have a place or two which will remain secret in which I can take the nap. It's my lunchtime and it's my time to rest, study or whatever. Anybody that doesn't like it can **** off. I work way too long to get crap for that. I will also nap at home and get as much sleep as possible.

4) Workouts. I will do the majority of these in the morning. I will lift at least 2X a week and do cardio at least 3 times a week.

JohnnyIrish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wayword said:
Has anyone read Eat Right 4 Your Type? If so, what are the basic diets for each bloodtype and have you tried it yourself yet?
My ex's parents were into this. I'll admit I didn't investigate it throughly but it just sounded like BS to me.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bump for the New Year.

My heartburn goes away only when I limit coffee and alcohol. Tough to do.

I still don't sleep enough that's a huge issue.

I have the ability to occasionally workout at lunch now due to a gym that opened very close to where I work but it's still tough to get away then so it's mostly afterwork that I get to do that.

I had a tough year last year for work. This year I'm going to focus on stress reduction and not take it so personally.

Don Juan
Reaction score
stronglifts said:
Just call it "healthy".

In my experience, the closer I started to behave like a "caveman", be it nutrition or physical activity, the better I started to feel.

Examples:
-quit the junk food
-quit the sugars
-eat veggies, eat meat, eat fats
-move a lot
-sit less
-exercise
-quit the stress
-quit the alarm
-go to sleep when you're tired
-wake up without an alarm
-get out of the rat race/matrix
-etc...

Check books by Frank Forencich.
If cavemen ate meat, why is it that:
- humans have no claws
- humans have a digestive track identical to that of a herbivore's
- humans have teeth identical to those of a herbivore's (flat teeth, even the so called "canine teeth" are far too weak to actually take a bite out of a struggling animal)
- humans have large salivary glands, like herbivores
- humans have weak stomach acid
- humans have pores, like herbivores
- humans have alkaline saliva, rather than acid saliva
- the more meat we eat, the sicker we get

I could go on but I think you get the picture.