Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Anyone got much experience with Caesin?

Eternal_water

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've always used whey as my protein supplement.

I've read that due to the much slower release of Caesin that it's main benefit is not so much muscle growth but the prevention/reduction of natural muscle loss, and that over time this leads to more net gain of muscle than whey.

There was also a study reported on Athlean X where 3 groups of people ate 80% of their caloric maintenance. One group didn't workout or take protein supplements, one group did and took whey and another group did and took caesin.

The group who only reduced their caloric intake lost 2% body fat.
The group who reduced their caloric intake, worked out, and took whey lost 4% body fat.
The group who reduced their caloric intake, worked out, and took caesin lost 6% body fat.

Anyone found that they either gain more muscle over time or lose more fat with Caesin than Whey?

Infern0

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The difference in application is minimal. Casein tastes like garbage though.

Due to its slower release I have it before I go to bed

amazingswayze

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No, Casein doesn't always taste like garbage. I got 5 lbs of Gold Standard Cookies and Cream Casein which I actually like very much.

OP, it's a nice protein source to have before bed. That is the recommended use. Me however, I take it sometimes in the middle of the day if I need something to hold me over and I don't have anything else I feel like eating.

You should just try it and see what it does for you. I personally love having an amazing treat to mix with milk right before bed. It's a better way to reward yourself than cookies or cake. It satisfies my sweet tooth. Seriously, try it out bro.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Protein powders in general are junk. All your protein can and should come from food. The average gym goer is not going to notice any difference in performance from whey vs. casein vs. food.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Protein powders in general are junk. All your protein can and should come from food. The average gym goer is not going to notice any difference in performance from whey vs. casein vs. food.
Actually good food performs better. You can feel it in you. I guess your right "average" or a new guy might not feel it...

Eternal_water

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

I wasn't talking about performance in the gym, I was talking about decreased rates of natural muscle degradation and rates of fat loss.
I have gone and got myself a large pot of it and am using it now. Too early to tell any differences from whey yet.
Like whey, it tastes delicious.

As for the food V supplement argument. Isn't the point of protein powders that you can get all the protein you need without adding lots off additional calories/carbs/fat.

You can keep protein intake high and calories down.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

I wasn't talking about performance in the gym, I was talking about decreased rates of natural muscle degradation and rates of fat loss.
I have gone and got myself a large pot of it and am using it now. Too early to tell any differences from whey yet.
Like whey, it tastes delicious.

As for the food V supplement argument. Isn't the point of protein powders that you can get all the protein you need without adding lots off additional calories/carbs/fat.

You can keep protein intake high and calories down.
Chicken breast or lean fish even better, it won't bloat you either and its not processed.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Protein powders are the most over-hyped thing in the lifting world...completely unnecessary and most people take in far more protein than they can use unless they are on anabolics..