Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Anyone ever considered a vasectomy?

Matt Rogers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As we all know contraception is not 100% and increasingly girls seem to be put off pills and injections because of the links with breast cancer and other side effects (can't really say I blame them). Ive seen quite a few acquaintances who even using condoms accidentally knocked girls up and get stung for child maintenance.

Children have never really been a desire of mine. Way too expensive and the world is already overcrowded. Id much rather retire early and have the luxury of doing a job I enjoy rather than one that pays enough to support a family (larger house, school and college fees, etc etc).

The main thing I worry about is the health risks associated with vasectomy. Of course everyone says they are safe. But I hear stories about chronic pain after vasectomies, loss of libido, drops in testosterone levels much later on and it fundamentally goes against nature.

logic1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Matt

This seems to be a common question that pops up every now and then. I was going to start a thread about my experience and try and debunk some of the myths you read about. But have not got around to it.

In short, I got one about 8 years ago at the age of 42. I knew where I was at in life and was very confident I did not want anymore kids by accident or planned. After a consultation I had no doubts this is what I was going to do. This was the best decision I ever made that relates to dating and relationships.

The total cost was $655.00. It took a total of 15 minutes. Less time than the consultation visit. You recieve a a couple small pricks in the nut sac for numbing purposes.They shave your sac. The only thing that freaked me out was the male nurse handling my package. They cut 2 small vessels ( pencil lead size) which lead to the tubes that carry the semen. In short the tubes they cut are the ones which carry the sperm to the semen tube.

Aftermath

My balls and part of the shaft was black and blue for about 8 days. I actually had sex with a women 9 days after the procedure. I dont recall a lot of discomfort. I remember sitting around the house the first few days after. The DR wanted me to have about 5 ejaculations before I came back to see him. The reason was to get a sample after the 5 to see if my system was cleared of all sperm. I gave them a sample and they tested it to make sure there was no sperm in the semen. If none is detected you are good to go.

Like I said before this was a great decision. No worries about knocking up a women. My sex drive was not affected. It all stayed the same. Some of the women I dated loved it because they still had concerns accidental pregnacy. So, it freed up their worries which made the sex even better.

The best moment from this was the day when a women who I knew for about 2 weeks ( I did not discuss that I was shooting blanks with her at the time) said she thought she was pregnant and had some issues she wanted to discuss with me. You should have seen the look on her face when I told her I was cut......lol. She showed her true colors........lol......Priceless.

If you have certain questions please ask And I will answer to the best of my memory. It could be educational for members who are thinking about getting one.

f283000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
logic1, how much did it hurt? The only thing that stops me from getting one is that I heard they stick a long needle in your balls which hurts like hell. Maybe I misread.

What about after pain? I read of cases where guys walk in pain for a week or 2 and have to stay at home or take it real easy.

logic1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, they must numb you with an injection. Think shots in your gum for tooth work. Maybe a little more painful than that. A very hard pinch in a sensitive area.

The pain after is more like a very bad bruise on a part of your body. You are very sore in the groin area but nothing unbearable. Your bag turns a nasty black and blue. Your package is badly bruised. I can remember about 2 days of being a little uncomfortable. If you are active it will be worse. I can remember the small cut bleeding a little bit from being to active and tearing the bandage. Sit in a chair for a day or so and you will be fine. I can remember being back to normal in a week. My sac still showed some black and blue up to 2-3 weeks but no pain.

I think you imagine it being worse than it is.

logic1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
f283000 said:
Is it true that some have trouble ejaculating?

Are all vasectomy procedures the same?
1. Dont know...Not in my case
2. Dont know....I would assume they are getting more simple than in the past....With the use of lasers in place of scalpels and snips?

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Been thinking about it too. There are some possible side effects though. The sperm have to be absorbed into the body. Sometimes granulomas, or whatever they're called, form. And I'm not 100% sure I don't want kids, only 95% :rolleyes:

Joe Stud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Got it done 25 yrs ago... cost $300 (which the insurance company paid PRONTO). Went back to work the next day, some pain, especially walking down steps. One of the best decisions I ever made.

Night Owl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Had it done back in '84, the best thing I ever did.

Sure you walk around like John Wayne after a extra long session in the saddle for a couple of weeks, but its worth it in the end. Sore for a few days/week, but that's nothing compared with having to pay for more children.

I have a boy and girl, which I love dearly and you can't ask for more than one of each, at which point I stopped and had the op.

Sex is much better without the worry, it still works, and I have a great sex drive now than before as I have no worries...

And no I haven't grown man boobs, my solider is harder and actually bigger now, and I haven't wanted to slip over to the dark side and all those other daft rumours associated with the op.

Be a real man and have it done - but only for the right reasons. BTW you still need to wear a condom if you are going to sleep around. It stops the babies but doesn't stop all those nasties you can catch.