Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Anyone else getting frequent nose bleeds?

The Bad Ass Canadian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey all.

i've been getting some pretty frequent nose bleeds, lately. I'll just be sitting there and my nose will start to run. i'll wipe my hand a cross my face and look and it's red. I get up, and go to the washroom where it starts to gush for about 10 minutes.

I've never been prone to nose bleeds, but I'm suspecting it's the dry air that is the cause..... I bought some saline spray, yesterday and some nasal gel and I'm hoping this will help it. It feels really dry, yet i can't help but feel a bit on edge because I've never really gotten a nose bleed before. I've had about 5 in the past month.

Anyone else suffer from dry weather nose bleeds?

If I get one more, I'm going to a doctor.

The Bad Ass Canadian

7 Virtues

Don Juan
Reaction score
Same here. But I suspect it's a combination of chronic picking as a child, followed by wrestling and fighting through out high school.

One option is to get it cauterized.

belividere

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
go see a doctor. They will know better than us.

Donald Kaufman

Don Juan
Reaction score
For me it's a combo of dry cold and history of anti-coagulants. Notice how those who seem to identify are North of 49?

The Bad Ass Canadian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This season has been especially dry, here in Canada.

Also, i just realised that I've developed a bit of a habit of picking my nose while I'm at my computer... lol (I'm suspecting that I've irritated the membrane to the point where it takes nothing to crack open and bleed)

If i can stop doing that and let it heal up, I should be alright.

High blood pressure nosebleeds are usually the posterior kinds. They develop in the back of the nose and drip down the throat. I'm 26 years old and in excellent shape. I'm almost certain that it isn't high blood pressure....but I'm not ruling it out, completely.

I'll just have it checked at my local pharmacy or something.

The Bad Ass Canadian

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
after cycling on a very cold day quite hard including sprinting to the point i was starting to hyperventilate, i have 2 quite bad nose bleeds from the cold air. When it is dry this cna also give you nose bleeds, so it is probably that, although picking cant help so its probably caused by both.

jbbrain

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
badass,

this is goign to sound crazy, and may not help prevent nose bleeds per se, but it seems ive come up with a very very unconventional way to stop them almost as soon as they start.

You know how they tell you to 'hold your nose' in a specific way as to stop the flow of the bleeding so it can scab and whatnot?

Well, I dont know about you, but I dont have time to sit around for 10-15 minutes with a disguating 'murder scene' piece of kleenex hanbgin from my nose.

Instead, I just blow my nose, as hard as I can. It's ****ed up, but it works! For me, anyway.

Just get it outta your system!

The Bad Ass Canadian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by jbbrain
badass,

this is goign to sound crazy, and may not help prevent nose bleeds per se, but it seems ive come up with a very very unconventional way to stop them almost as soon as they start.

You know how they tell you to 'hold your nose' in a specific way as to stop the flow of the bleeding so it can scab and whatnot?

Well, I dont know about you, but I dont have time to sit around for 10-15 minutes with a disguating 'murder scene' piece of kleenex hanbgin from my nose.

Instead, I just blow my nose, as hard as I can. It's ****ed up, but it works! For me, anyway.

Just get it outta your system!

Hahahahaha holy ****. that's fvckin' nuts, JB!! hahahaha

I may try it.

Well, I had my pressure checked and it's fine. I guess it's just the air up here.

If it continues i'll get it cauterized and that'll be the end of it. It's just a pain in the ass, especially when they come without warning. I could be at the supermarket or worse yet, sound asleep hahahahaha

Later

The Bad Ass Canadian