Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Anyone eaten raw eggs to gain weight?

picard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
is it safe to eat raw eggs to gain weight for weight training? Has anyone done it??

C00L

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i wouldnt do it. you risk salmonella, there are advocates for raw eggs benefits but personally i dont like eating eggs much because its basically a bird fetus and that thought grosses me out. i get plenty of protein through other means.

although i do like scrambled eggs.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmmm, a medium done rib eye stead or a raw egg... Hmmmm... Choices....

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i throw down 2-4 eggs raw a day... throw 'em in a blender w/ two scoops of whey, and you got a shake with a good consistency.

I also put down 2000mg of biotin w/ the shake tho.

Mctwist4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I eat six every morning. If they are organic eggs you are at practically no risk of getting salmonella poisening. I have been doing this for about 4 months now and I am healthy. Eat them, they are good for you and your gains.

TheRelic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The salmonella argument is redundant, however the protein of raw eggs is much less easily absorbed, and the net effect is less. I'm sure someone here can extraoplate some more.

*cough*warboss warboss, where for art thou warboss!*cough*

picard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mctwist4
I eat six every morning. If they are organic eggs you are at practically no risk of getting salmonella poisening. I have been doing this for about 4 months now and I am healthy. Eat them, they are good for you and your gains.

Are the eggs sold under name organic? Is it significantly more expensive?

Sweetcheeks

Don Juan
Reaction score
Why not just try a couple of scoops of whey protein?

I don't like the taste of raw eggs, but if you're a masochist, by all means.

Whey protein is more palatable, more convenient, and is better absorbed by your body.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why raw? Why not make an omelette, scramble them, even hard boiled. Not only would they taste better, they'd be more satisfying too.

ShyRyder

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hard boiling is better in terms of getting all the nutrients. Eggs kind of discuss me too and i wouldn't eat anything from an animal if its not organic. On account of the growth hormones and brain matter feed.

Sweetcheeks

Don Juan
Reaction score
Raw is better because

If it was a choice between a raw egg or a cooked one, the raw egg is HEALTHIER because it is more BIOLOGICALLY AVAILABLE.

Amino acids have cross linked bonds that are altered by heat. Cooking the egg changes the structure of the protein molecules so that your body is less able to use them.

Austizzle

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Raw is better because

Originally posted by Sweetcheeks
If it was a choice between a raw egg or a cooked one, the raw egg is HEALTHIER because it is more BIOLOGICALLY AVAILABLE.

Amino acids have cross linked bonds that are altered by heat. Cooking the egg changes the structure of the protein molecules so that your body is less able to use them.
Cooking the egg only denatures the protein, or "unravels it." Your body has specific enzymes that will break down these proteins either way. So there really isn't any HUGE advantage if you cook the egg or eat it raw. Cooking the egg = better taste.

WORKEROUTER

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you eat raw eggs, beware that egg whites can deplete your avidin levels. Heating up the whites block this from occuring.

The best advice, and something that I have done for over a year now, is to eat the yolks raw and slightly cook the whites.

snintel

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
jesus christ... just cook them. you're not going to magically bench 100lbs more cause you didn't cook your eggs. in the grand scheme of things I don't think the difference is worth it.

Austizzle

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by snintel
jesus christ... just cook them. you're not going to magically bench 100lbs more cause you didn't cook your eggs. in the grand scheme of things I don't think the difference is worth it.
Precisely!

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by WORKEROUTER
If you eat raw eggs, beware that egg whites can deplete your avidin levels. Heating up the whites block this from occuring.

The best advice, and something that I have done for over a year now, is to eat the yolks raw and slightly cook the whites.
WORKE, I think it's actually biotin that gets depleated, because the whites are high in avidin, which binds the biotin in your body and in the yolk of the egg.

Originally posted by snitel
it's not magic, yo, it's just really easy to crack 3 eggs into a blender in the morning and throw in 2 scoops of whey.

RaWBLooD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by picard
is it safe to eat raw eggs to gain weight for weight training? Has anyone done it??
1/30 000 eggs has salmonella,
seems safe enough to me.

Why would you eat them raw tho?
did you know some proteins are indigestable until you cook the eggs?

RaWBLooD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Raw is better because

Originally posted by Austizzle
Cooking the egg only denatures the protein, or "unravels it." Your body has specific enzymes that will break down these proteins either way. So there really isn't any HUGE advantage if you cook the egg or eat it raw. Cooking the egg = better taste.
actually there are some proteins you will not digest until the egg is cooked.

RaWBLooD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Raw is better because

Originally posted by Sweetcheeks

quite the contrary my uninformed friend.