Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Anyone can explain how hard people try before giving up on a girl?

xomel

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I get a lot of first dates but not a lot of second dates. My friends tell me I tend to give up on girls, or say "If I could only initiate like you..."

Im very social, get a lot of numbers, meet new people a lot, I'm tall, I'm more fit than ever, I'm financially well off, I can easily make girls laugh, girls tell me I'm smart and funny. Of course I persue pretty much everyone thats out there. However, either there's something I'm not getting, or I don't have a lot of patience. I'll get a first date; flirt it up. However, I just cant get to that next stage.

I can easily get chubby girls, or less than attractive girls or one night stands, but that's not what I'm really after.

Keep in mind I'm not trying to get laid, as much as I want a girl to call my own, who I can get laid by easily night after night (as well as building a healthy relationship).

What kind of things do you all do in between dates to get second dates? How patient should I be? When should I back out?

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Try to relate better.

If you're looking for that connection, try and make up silly jokes you two can repeat with each other. Try and come up with games to play. Find common ground and opinions.

And most importantly remember all these things to tried to do.

Credos

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
xomel said:
I get a lot of first dates but not a lot of second dates. My friends tell me I tend to give up on girls, or say "If I could only initiate like you..."

Im very social, get a lot of numbers, meet new people a lot, I'm tall, I'm more fit than ever, I'm financially well off, I can easily make girls laugh, girls tell me I'm smart and funny. Of course I persue pretty much everyone thats out there. However, either there's something I'm not getting, or I don't have a lot of patience. I'll get a first date; flirt it up. However, I just cant get to that next stage.

I can easily get chubby girls, or less than attractive girls or one night stands, but that's not what I'm really after.

Keep in mind I'm not trying to get laid, as much as I want a girl to call my own, who I can get laid by easily night after night (as well as building a healthy relationship).

What kind of things do you all do in between dates to get second dates? How patient should I be? When should I back out?
Read up on how to be ****y funny and in every activity try to make them a challange deal: If you win then I'll buy you icecream, if I win you cook me dinner.

:D thats an example of being ****y funny, unfair deals and you're making plans for a second date by doing so :up:, alwayse worked for me

xomel

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
FairShake said:
Try to relate better.

If you're looking for that connection, try and make up silly jokes you two can repeat with each other. Try and come up with games to play. Find common ground and opinions.

And most importantly remember all these things to tried to do.
what if i tend to like girls i cant relate with because i prefer meeting people opposite from me rather than people similar to me? We have more to learn from as well as teach to in people that are opposite to.

3 wealthy merchants cant take over the world.
3 politicians cant take over the world.
3 scientists cant take over the world.

Put a wealthy merchant, a politician and a scientist together and the possibilities are endless.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you not getting to the next stage because you don't know how to (despite really wanting to) or you seriously can't be bothered?

If it's the latter, then it might be that you're very picky about whom you choose to be with and that's not necessarily a bad thing.

The more girls I date, the less patient I get with them. Once I've seen certain behaviours, I know how it's gonna end, and I can't be bothered wasting my time.

xomel

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Jitterbug said:
Are you not getting to the next stage because you don't know how to (despite really wanting to) or you seriously can't be bothered?

If it's the latter, then it might be that you're very picky about whom you choose to be with and that's not necessarily a bad thing.

The more girls I date, the less patient I get with them. Once I've seen certain behaviours, I know how it's gonna end, and I can't be bothered wasting my time.
Great feedback Jitterbug. I'm going to try to pin point what it is but I still cant do it without hearing back from some other minds.

You know, it just might that I dont know how to. Perhaps I need to more verbally get my message across that I'm into them. However, I'd I think my delicate use of kino and refined C/F gets the message across pretty well. What else comes into play here that I could be missing out on? I'm usually pretty careful, about not giving too much IOI at this point, because I don't want to come across as easy. Or does the "be a challenge" mindset only come into play with virgins, or people needing confidence. (I dont feel like I lack confidence.) Anyways. I could very possibly be missing something here, because because I feel like if I DID know how to get to the next step, then I wouldn't be single right now.

In addition to not knowing how, I am also pretty picky. Or so I've been told. I only like girls with dark hair. I wont settle for a chub chub. Bigger than average noses are a total turn off. I won't settle for a girl who has been pierced/tattoo'd to garbage.

In the recent months I've also bettered my life tremendously thinking that I need to up game if I'm gonna be picky with girls. Bought a lot of clothes and lost about 25 lbs. I'm down from 6'0 220 to 6'0 195. I'm noticing more IOI overall but still having trouble getting past the first date part.

xomel

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Credos said:
Read up on how to be ****y funny and in every activity try to make them a challange deal: If you win then I'll buy you icecream, if I win you cook me dinner.

:D thats an example of being ****y funny, unfair deals and you're making plans for a second date by doing so :up:, alwayse worked for me
I know how to be ****y and funny, but good challenge deal idea. Could it be something like a foot race? A game of chess? A game of pool?

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
xomel said:
You know, it just might that I dont know how to. Perhaps I need to more verbally get my message across that I'm into them. However, I'd I think my delicate use of kino and refined C/F gets the message across pretty well. What else comes into play here that I could be missing out on?
Let's just skip a step ahead and assume that you already know how to get your message across successfully (that you like the girl and she now knows it), what exactly are you gonna do to her?

###

On the first date, are you doing most of the talking / entertaining or is she doing it?

Are you spending too much time trying to show her that you like her, or qualifying her to see if she is suitable for a relationship (short or long term) with you?

###

And what specifically happens after the first date? Do you ask them out the second time and they decline or flake on you?

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
xomel said:
what if i tend to like girls i cant relate with because i prefer meeting people opposite from me rather than people similar to me? We have more to learn from as well as teach to in people that are opposite to.

3 wealthy merchants cant take over the world.
3 politicians cant take over the world.
3 scientists cant take over the world.

Put a wealthy merchant, a politician and a scientist together and the possibilities are endless.
You have to have somethings in common. Otherwise it will never work.

But you can use your differences. Anything that makes you stand out is good too. Anything that builds a connection.

xomel

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Jitterbug said:
Let's just skip a step ahead and assume that you already know how to get your message across successfully (that you like the girl and she now knows it), what exactly are you gonna do to her?

###

On the first date, are you doing most of the talking / entertaining or is she doing it?

Are you spending too much time trying to show her that you like her, or qualifying her to see if she is suitable for a relationship (short or long term) with you?

###

And what specifically happens after the first date? Do you ask them out the second time and they decline or flake on you?
Thanks again, JitterBug.

What if I dont know how to get the message across? Should the message be verbal at all? "You're cute. You look xxxx. Nice xxxx. I like how you xxxx, its different from other girls" Usually I figure me asking them out to a date is interest enough. Since I'm not sure how to get the message across other than C+F/kino/asking her out on a date maybe this is a problem?

I don't think its something specific with the dates but rather in between dates.

Am I doing most of the talking/entertaining?
On the first date I do the entertaining in a sense that im loud and energetic and try make a lot of jokes. However, I try to let her do the talking. I dont tell that great of storys anyways. I ask a lot of questions and pretty much just try to get her to talk about her self. However it doesnt always work out that way, sometimes there's periods of silence.

Do I spend too much time analyzing or showing that I like her?
I dont feel I do much to show her that I like her in a sense of qualities or traits. My idea behind a date might revolve around "I think youre cute...and you have a cool personality to begin with if were already here together. if we have attraction we can work the rest out." I dont say that but that is how I feel about the question about showing her that I like her. I also dont really analyze her at this point as being suitable for a relationship. Like I said, If im taking them out to dinner I'm already considering a relationship, as long as they dont have personality flaws. (has a bf, bat **** crazy, slutty, dumb as a rock, etc..)

If Im missing something here its probably something im not doing and you can enlighten me.

What happens after the first date?
Im going to give a couple situations of what has happend with a few girls. But, overall after the date, I usually just go back to the C/F smiling and flirting. If I don't see them regularly I just talk to them on the phone a little bit and try to get a second date, they will beat around the bush and basically say not right now.

Heres the situations that have happend in the past... if they are too detailed or too long then you dont have to read them:

Girl 1.
This girl lived about an hour away from me. on the first date all was well, seemed like there was chemistry, held hands, shared frozen yogurt, but went in for kiss and no honey :( I tried to call her 2 nights later, she seemed to not to want to give me a second date OR talk to me later at night... but still gave some indication that there could be something between us. So I worked it a little more after that indication but recieved no IOI back and I havent talked to her since then.

Girl 2.
Last time I had a date with a girl from school the first date was pretty cool, no kino but a little C/F. For the second date she was hard to get a hold of on the phone. She was giving off the aura like she was too good for me by being hard to reach on the phone, hard to get a time to go out with. So when we finally did go out I gave her a neghit, that made it awkward. To make matters worse we needed a reservation for both the dinner and the boat ride (which she agreed to go on before finding out we needed reservations) We talked a little on the phone after that, she went out of state for a while, called me a couple time swhile out of state. However, when she returned back she went back to the "im too busy" tune. Ignored her. I saw her at school, it was cool at first. Then I went on her facebook and said she looked like jay leno, she started insulting me back, i tried to just "whatever" it but then she started insulting me more, so I made a photoshop of her and she ignored me the next few times I saw her. However, when I finally did get a chance to talk to her everything was great and she even called me later that night. I didnt pick up, but i left her a message, she called back and then told me she just called because she wanted a number of a vet or some bullShlt. Maybe she was lying but that pissed me off hearing that she called me just because she wanted a phone number so I subtly neghitted her again. Basically this girl acts like she's god's gift to mankind when she really is no better looking than your average fit, smart girl with dark hair. so i cant help but neghit her. I guess right now this girl could have some potential. I'll be nice to her as long as she doesnt act like shes the shiznit.

Girl 3.
I approached her twice, then she approached me twice to meet up at school. After meeting up she asked me out. When we were on our date said she that she had a bf. I got mad and shes like "just friends, just friends." I told her that was ****ed up to him, she said it wasnt and then she never brought him up and the rest of the time was pretty good. Fast forward a little later, I helped her with some homework and then I got really high IOIs from her, gives indication that she's single, her saying she likes my clothes, she thinks im funny or smart, kino return, getting physically closer and staying closer, chatting late at night online. Seeing all these high IOI I decided it would be pretty safe to help her more with hw so I do an essay for her. It was easy for me and shes a terrible writer and I'm a fantastic writer. What woulda taken her 8 hours to get a C, took me 2-3 hours to get an A. After I write a paper for her I'm like, "wait, what if this b!*ch is playing me" so I decide to try to hold her hand next time we were out. She says no, she says she has a bf. I kinda messed it up by holding her hand at a time there was low chemistry because I was in desperation to see if i should keep helping her or not. I also messed up by doing the essay for her in the first place. But to be fair, the IOI went up the more i helped her. Straight up, I got played. I tried the "no we have something, i know you like me" thing but she wasnt buying it. It made it more disasterous. She did end up coming into my work 2 hours later and basically doing nothing, but not saying anything to me. I tried calling her, she didnt say much besides "its never gonna work" so I just started subtly insulting her til she hung up.

Girl 4.
Went on a first date, did fantastic, second date we f*cked, found out she had a bf and ran away. (like i said, i have no problems getting ONSs)

Girl 5.
Went on first date, low C/F, low kino, she was quick to say she wasnt interested, i was just like "whatever, i dont care", 2 months later after getting her really comfy around me I eventually started giving her a massage which lead to :rockon: i ended up dating her for like 2 months but the biatch gained like 25lbs in those 2 months, told her to lose it, she gained more weight in the next month so i told her to take a hike.

Question about girl #1, is the distance preventing something?
Question about girl #2, im being patient, but part of me doesnt really care enough to not be patient. Not to mention she pisses me off with her holier than thou attitude.
Question about girl #3, if she said she had a bf and said just friends should have I just gave up right there? Or was it still fair game... up until which point was there potential?

I have a question, If I try to make a move and it pretty much fails am I in the deadzone?

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Girls 1-3: You can analyze it to death but the core of it is that they're not compatible with you and that's why it didn't work out.

Next time when you take the girl on a first date, try an action date instead of the usual sitting down having a convo date. Save the conversation date for the 2nd or even 3rd one.

Don't worry about communicating to the girl that you like her. If you're approaching her and asking her out, she already knows that. What you need to concentrate on is to QUALIFY her. Get her talking, judge if she fits what you're looking for in a woman.

Also, it's a hard thing to do (I've only just managed that myself) but you should be comfortable with going through a lot of first dates that never get anywhere (just don't let yourself get ripped off in the process) if you're after something beyond an ONS. 95% of women out there, maybe more, aren't suitable for you, for a variety of reasons. What you're doing is weeding them out, to find the best out of the 5% that are good for you. This process can be brutal and you'll have to be ruthless. If you want to know more, read Pook's Anti-Dump Machine series of threads in the DJ Bible.

If you think about the raw number, 5 girls aren't that many. Quoting Pook here, if you ask 1 girl out a week (which doesn't seem like such a big deal, does it?) that's 52 girls a year. Have you ever asked 52 girls out a year? I think not. I know this man, who's not a natural nor ever read a site like this, but now has a wonderful family with a hot, quality wife and 3 great little kids. He told me he went through nearly 200 dates in 4-5 years before he found his now wife. The majority ended after the first date. Some would go a bit further and turn into a short term fling but he would ruthlessly say No to those who aren't compatible.

Don't force yourself to "game" women who aren't compatible with you (unless you just want to get laid and have too much time to burn). Even if you somehow manage to get them interested in a relationship, it's only going to end badly.

You'll notice that your game, regardless of how unrefined it is, just seems to flow smoothly when the woman is compatible with you. Any resistance she puts up will just be a token one and add to the fun of the game.

Eaglecreek

Don Juan
Reaction score
xomel said:
I know how to be ****y and funny, but good challenge deal idea. Could it be something like a foot race? A game of chess? A game of pool?
Ye anything, you just gotta make a bet:

I win you buy me icecream, else i buy you icecream

Link stuff to fun stuff :), they feel more tension into winning so it will be more fun and your actually opening your options for next dates

Lil Game

Reaction score
Say man, feel exactly where u comin from. I have this same problem, I have no prob getting 1st dates but then after that the waters get murky. Sometimes I feel like I'm not being aggresive enough and then ramp it up only to look back and see that it may have looked like I was trying too hard and vice versa. I can't seem to find that balance, it seems like I'm so close, all my friends wonder what the hell is going on. They're always like, "Man, you look good, have a great personality, why don't you have a girl?" And I can never give them an answer except that my game is weak, needless to say they don't understand this. Honestly, there are times when I get tired of having to think about how to be ****y & funny, or how to establish kino, or how to implement the eye-gaze, etc, etc, etc. I feel like my other friends don't have to concentrate this hard to get girls, its like an exercise for me, I just get mentally exhausted thinking about all this stuff. Why can't I just go out with a girl and have fun then have it build from there? There's no way that everybody who's ever got laid has had unbelievable game. I just don't get it sometimes.

xomel

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
can anyone else contribute on good indicators on when to give up on a girl?

mothballs

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll throw in my usual $.02 when we're talking about relating to people.

Grab a copy of "How to win friends and influence people" by Dale Carnegie. Read it. It's important to understand the dynamics of a conversation and how to read body language if you really want to figure someone out.

Kevin Feng

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You're not in a bad position honestly, I know a lot of guys that are a lot worse off than you.

"If you want the woman of your dreams, you must first be the man of hers" - Asian Playboy

From what it sounds like, you're a pretty good catch. You sound like you're in pretty good shape and you make plenty of money.

What you're looking for is that perfect relationship. Just take a step back and think about it. That's pretty much what everyone is looking for deep down inside.

I think if you set goals for yourself, you'd be better off. I used to have the same problem, I could get dates with attractive women, 8's and above, but I couldn't go anywhere past it. For me personally, I'd get bored because I wasn't sure how to physically escalate.

Believe me, once you make physical contact with the girl, you'll become MUCH more interested.

Look for threads on kino escalation and set goals for yourself.

-Kevin