Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Anybody Tried Zoosk?

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I signed up the other day (zoosk.com)

A little background first.

I live in Japan, but frequently connect online through a proxy for various reasons.

I came across an ad for Zoosk (which because of my proxy thought I was in Chicago). I saw it five or six times, and the girls on the ad looked pretty hot.

I signed up, giving the most basic information, just to see what the girls looked like. I think I gave a picture, and for my location I put my hometown in SoCal, not Japan.

That's it. Just the most basic information.

Since then, (this has been about 5 days) I've received no less than 20 "views" and 5 "invites to meet" meaning some member says they want to meet in public, and you're supposed to click "yes or no" or something.

All these girls are in their late thirties, early forties (no thanks).

After I signed up, I searched for girls aged 18-24. Mostly fugs.

I've signed up for a few "free" accounts from these sites before, but I've never been as inundated as I have been.

These girls seem to be real enough, I mean if it's some kind of con to get me to sign up, it's a pretty elaborate one.

I just, for the life of me, can't figure out why so many middle aged fugs would be jumping all over a half filled out profile (without ANY information, financial or otherwise) begging for a meet.

Something seems fishy about this whole thing.

I've been in Asia for almost a decade.

Have middle aged american fugs become so desperate?

plate's_empty

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I was on it for a month a few years ago. It was actually alright. I met a few hotties....but they turned out to be a little off their rocker, which is pretty standard for online dating. I'm not sure how it is now. The only problem, which I feel is a big one, is most of the profiles on there are inactive. I just recently deleted my profile, I would still get messages from time to time but in order to respond I would have to sign up again. They don't tell you who's inactive or who isn't. Even if someone is recently online, you don't know if they have an active account where they could respond to your messages.

Nutz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, typical waste of time like most online dating is.

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm getting spammed from Zoosk, but after multiple failures on Match, PoF, etc... I've given up on online dating.

Some of these women have set some unrealistic expectations.

I've always thought it's hilarious when some 6 decides one date is good enough because she could "do better" and then 3 years later, she's still on the site.

I'll pass on Zoosk.

evan12

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zoosk seem to all care about money ,and I think a lot of poeple join it from facebook, it is kind of "speed dating" which was good in the beginning then get very worse

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, my question isn't really about the quality of the women, or whether or not I should "try it," it's WHY I'm getting about 4 emails A DAY telling someone has viewed my profile, when it's not even fully set up.

This just doesn't make any sense to me. There's NOTHING on there about my finances, job or anything.

Which makes me suspicious that this isn't some elaborate con to get me to fork over the cash to sign up.

I'm not going to follow up or anything, I just wondered of anybody else was getting five "matches" and "requests" for a meeting EVERY SINGLE DAY.