Anybody Regularly Discouraged by Friends?

mfd1830

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been doing alot of approaches on a daily basis for the last few months or so and I really feel like I'm getting pretty good at it. I've gotten some interesting conversations out of it but no numbers yet. Same thing when it comes to going out at night. I'm pretty confident in myself despite my lack of success but I get really discouraged by my friends who don't have much confidence and don't try nearly as hard as I do but have success nearly every day.

Any tips for dealing with this jealousy? It's a terrible thing to have but it's hard when your hard work doesn't pay off the way you'd like and your friends always have new hookup stories to brag about.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stop wasting your energy comparing yourself to them, what benefit does it bring? Focus on yourself and your skills. "Git er' done!!!"

mfd1830

Don Juan
Reaction score
I know. That's true. There's always going to be someone with more experience/luck than you and it's pointless to compare yourself to anybody. But these are my friends and it's pretty hard to just ignore it.

I'm the only one of us who can approach girls we don't know and open things up, but alot of times they end up getting the numbers or going home with them. It's really frustrating but I don't want to hate them or anything.

swifTy

Don Juan
Reaction score
stick with it. your girl will come along. they can have the other girls.

volkme68

Don Juan
Reaction score
If your friends are getting the chicks, watch what they do. Don't emulate them, but observe and take it in. As far as jealousy goes, what works for me is making it into a challenge. If someone is better at me then something, I just get motivated to be better than them, then I practice and eventually i get better than them. Friendly rivalries are what gets **** done.

mfd1830

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, the thing is my friends aren't good at what they do. I don't know if it's good looks or the way they dress, but I'm much more comfortable and friendly with girls than they are. It's usually me that initiates things with a group of girls but by the end it's my friends they're interested in. I don't think I'm doing anything wrong and I'm not angry at them, but I'm just confused as to why this always happens.

MikeYikes122

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mfd1830 said:
Any tips for dealing with this jealousy?
Yeah, screw those friends and make some new ones. And if you can't find any, go out alone.

A friend is a lot of things, but he isn't a critic. I recently had a lot of good friends from high school become negative and pretty much worthless for anything except playing video games and doing drugs. As much as it hurt, I had to just kind of peace out from the group and quit calling them.

My grandpa always told me, you're only as good as the company you keep. I didn't realize how right he was until about a year ago. Negativity will cripple you, and it isn't possible for you to just ignore it or "deal with it".

BeyondCharm

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with Mike to a point. You need to make friends with people who are going to support you achieving your goals. Also you might be spending too much time with these couplies, so you see "what they have and not what you have."

What you have is freedom my friend, freedom to date and meet as many women as you want. Do you realize that if you were dating 7-10 beautiful women right now, some of those friends would be ENVIOUS of you?

I have friends telling me they think about cheating on their girlfriends when they see all the beautiful single women out there that they aren't with. You have the chance now in your life to build yourself up, meet new people and have fun with those people (women). Go out and do that, learn the skills to do it and embody them.

MikeYikes122

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BeyondCharm said:
What you have is freedom my friend, freedom to date and meet as many women as you want. Do you realize that if you were dating 7-10 beautiful women right now, some of those friends would be ENVIOUS of you?
I think I might have misread the OP. I couldn't tell if he meant that his friends were jealous of him or if he was jealous of his friends.

Either way, you gotta keep good company. That was my underlying point.

SilverSonnet

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Listen, my supposedly "Best Friend" always makes fun of me. They're jealous man, or they're just teasing you, ignore them. Whose improving, getting better all the time, knows what he wants, and knows how to do/get it? It's you. All you. Remember. YOUR the great catch.

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mfd1830 said:
I know. That's true. There's always going to be someone with more experience/luck than you and it's pointless to compare yourself to anybody. But these are my friends and it's pretty hard to just ignore it.

I'm the only one of us who can approach girls we don't know and open things up, but alot of times they end up getting the numbers or going home with them. It's really frustrating but I don't want to hate them or anything.

Like everyone else said just focus on you. At the same time it could have to do with the "market" of girls your going for. Every guy at default has a particular market of girl that will like him just based on appearance (a combination of style, race, height, body, hair, clothes, etc) before any sort of "game" or "personality" is even shown. And in most cases not much game is needed for girls in your market since there already attracted to you and will be receptive to whatever you do.

So what could be happening is these girls that are always into your friends are just in there market, while there not in your market. This doesn't mean you still can't get them, but your game will have to be that much better (like your friends could just stand there operating with 2 game and get results where as you'd have to operate with 8 game to get the same result.)

This may or may not be whats happening to you, but an idea since this sort of thing happens all the time.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mfd1830 said:
Why not just be happy for them? I know that their ragging makes it difficult but remember that you can always decide to hang out a group of guys with a different mindset. Don't let these guys hold you back.
mfd1830 said:
You should be happy for yourself that you're opening. Now the question is why does it seem that they are the only ones batting clean-up? What aren't you doing?

Tear Gas

Don Juan
Reaction score
quit hanging out with loser friends. They will only try to bring you down to their level. You need to start hanging out with cool, outgoing guys(that actually get laid by hotties on the regular) and that actually push you to approach rather than discourage you with negative energy. You're better off without those friends that are very pessimistic and are most likely nerdy virgins. Don't let them get to you. Drop them if you have to.

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tear Gas said:
quit hanging out with loser friends. They will only try to bring you down to their level. You need to start hanging out with cool, outgoing guys(that actually get laid by hotties on the regular) and that actually push you to approach rather than discourage you with negative energy. You're better off without those friends that are very pessimistic and are most likely nerdy virgins. Don't let them get to you. Drop them if you have to.
looks like someone didn't read the original post...the title is pretty misleading though

The Bat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mfd1830 said:
I've been doing alot of approaches on a daily basis for the last few months or so and I really feel like I'm getting pretty good at it. I've gotten some interesting conversations out of it but no numbers yet. Same thing when it comes to going out at night. I'm pretty confident in myself despite my lack of success but I get really discouraged by my friends who don't have much confidence and don't try nearly as hard as I do but have success nearly every day.

Any tips for dealing with this jealousy? It's a terrible thing to have but it's hard when your hard work doesn't pay off the way you'd like and your friends always have new hookup stories to brag about.
How is it that you are discouraged? Are they saying things or doing things that literally stops you from approaching?

Maybe you're not closing as fast as you should be or escalating as fast as you should be. Try approaching when you are not with your friends or are with a handful of them.

Daddy The Pimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I still get discouraged .

In the begging , it affected me . But now , i know that they are just a bunch of insecure idiots that try to feed their ego by putting someone else down .

The funny thing is , im much more successful than they are . But they try to put me down . I just smile :D .

Ive analyzed the situation and now i know why .

Because now , that i get most of attention , im threat to them . They no longer are in the spot and they wanna put me down to get some fvcking attention . They are simply attention wh0res . Before some weeks i was going to post a thread about dealing with haters lol .

I use some things to drop their confidence sometimes . I know its bad but sometimes i HAVE to .

For example :

Whoa dude , are you sick or something . You really look sick :S!
or
Man you look like you havent sleep for weeks .
or
You got a tan ? because your face is red somehow :( .

All in totally serious tone and seroious way .

These are small things that affect to their confidence . And when we hit clubs they will be thinkin about that all night :D . Because they are obsessed about looks .

I know that i come up as a jerk that AMOG's hi's friends , but i have to do this . They are real *******s sometimes .

Daddy The Pimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I still get discouraged by a group of a friends . I have lot of friends groups ..

In the begging , it affected me . But now , i know that they are just a bunch of insecure idiots that try to feed their ego by putting someone else down .

The funny thing is , im much more successful than they are . But they try to put me down . I just smile :D .

Ive analyzed the situation and now i know why .

Because now , that i get most of attention , im threat to them . They no longer are in the spot and they wanna put me down to get some fvcking attention . They are simply attention wh0res . Before some weeks i was going to post a thread about dealing with haters lol .And ill post it soon . Till i put all together .

I use some things to drop their confidence sometimes . I know its bad but sometimes i HAVE to .

For example :

Whoa dude , are you sick or something . You really look sick :S!
or
Man you look like you havent sleep for weeks .
or
You got a tan ? because your face is red somehow :( .

All in totally serious tone and seroious way .

These are small things that affect to their confidence . And when we hit clubs they will be thinkin about that all night :D . Because they are obsessed about looks .

I know that i come up as a jerk that AMOG's hi's friends , but i have to do this . They are real *******s sometimes .

When you reach the point where i am , where you understand that they are just trying to feed their ego , and when you see how insecure they are , their words will not affect you .

But best way is find another group friends who will not throw sh1t on you .

Anyway dont worry . Remember , they are insecure idiots .

ljm

Don Juan
Reaction score
fvck the haters.....use their weak attempts to bring you down as fuel to your fire. As stated above they are just insecure.....so be secure and just smile back at them.