Any truth to girls dating guys like their fathers?

Hitman10000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
From what I hear the happiest relationships tend to be when a girl is dating a guy is dating someone who looks like their father and vice versa (with the sons being attracted to women who look like their mothers) , particularly the eyes or general facial characteristics.

My own mother has certain eyes that I tend to be automatically attracted to girls who share those characteristics and for some reason they seem attracted to me as well on that basis. My mother has a petite figure and I tend to be attracted to women that were petite. My bad/empty relationships were from dating women totally different or bigger than my mother's physical shape. The best ones however circled around me dating women similar to my mother's physique.

I also noticed that if the girl did not have a good relationship/distant relationship with her father she will tend to date someone OPPOSITE of those characteristics, vice versa for guys as well. Hence why some white women will date black men or asian women who date white guys who look totally different when you find out that the women didn't have much of a relationship with their fathers. It really makes a lot of sense if you think that if you and your mother got along really well or you like some aspects of her and if a girl has those same aspects you tend to be very attracted to it.

COD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HMM ITHINK you are talking about a recent study revealed where imprinting has it's affect on our mate selections. Not sure if the study specifically said physical attributes.......but if say you grew up around large breasted mother/sister or a father who was bald......these might be attributes you might sub-consciously gravitate towards 'cause they are familiar to you.

Fathers tend to be mature, power figures, providers,etc so a woman might not really be attracted to say a metro sexual or a sensitive man.

There are so many variables here its difficult to have generalizations to cover every situation. What if your father was in a whell chair, never knew your father, what happens if you had several father figues, what about blind people are they included in the study, what about twins-do they have the same tastes (end up with similar looking men/woman) what about lesbians/gays........like I said that study was a huge waste of money. Do you want to date someone that looks like your mom.

M

Raikojo17

Banned
Reaction score
I personally find it wierd dating my mom. but maybe that's just me

to be honest, non of my chicks have looked like or acted like my mom, and i was very attracted to them. me and my mom get along very well.

that study is bs and a huge generalization. another example of how science can prove alot, but not everything.