Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Any swimmers in the house?

Mark1234

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm training pretty hard right now for an upcoming swim meet (around 18 weeks away). Focusing on the 100 yd. freestyle/100 fly. Right now I'm following a schedule like this :

Mondays/Thursdays
AM : Yoga
After work : Swim + Medicine ball circuit

Tuesdays
After work : Swim

Wednesdays

Fridays

Saturdays
AM : Lift than swim

Sundays
OFF

I swim about 15k-20k a week right now and plan on keeping it around there until taper time. My question is concerning lifting weights. I would like to have 2 days of lifting (Tuesday and Saturday for instance) but I don't want to compromise my flexibility in the water.

Can anyone recommend a decent lifting program that takes around 45m-60m to complete and won't completely destroy me in the water?

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Former all american here and i used to do the 100/200 fly. I've never really lifted while swimming but i would suggest squatting for bigger legs, lat pull downs/pullups, flys& bench for chest.

Not sure your level of competitiveness but even if you do regularly lifting that targets those muscles hard you should see drastic improvements. We used to train 30-40k a week. sucked.

Mark1234

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, all american, nice!

My ultimate goal is to swim the 100 yard FS in under 1m. I picked up swimming after high school and find a few competitions a year to go to, it's great motivation to train for something.

Right now I'm only lifting once a week but plan on lifting twice a week, following a modified Starting Strength formula. Something like this

Tuesdays
Squats 3x5
Lat Pull-down 3x8
Dead-lift 1x5
Seated Rows 3x8
Push-ups/Abs

Saturdays
Squats 3x5
Overhead Press 3x5
1 Arm Rows 3x8
Pull-ups 3xF
Push-ups/Abs

These workouts are usually 50-55 minutes long and seem to keep my shoulders strong and healthy when swimming.

I can't imagine swimming 40k a week, I'm hungry almost all day doing 20k + dry-lands. You must've eaten like a horse.