Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Any sportsmen here?

7 Virtues

Don Juan
Reaction score
Let's here some hunting and fishing stories!

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
first day of buck, I was done in five hours. Got my antlered (5 point) and antlerless deer.

My sister, when she was much younger, got a tiny shiner. She was reelling it in and my dad was getting a new worm for her to use. All of a sudden my dad heard this shout for help from her. He looks at her and she is up to her ankles being dragged into the creek. He looks into the water and sees this monsterous trout. He grabs the pole and takes close to a half hour to get in. It was a 29 inch brook trout.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bass season opener in SE Mich.

My youngest brother & mom visited from out east, so we hit the lake one Wed the 1st, and had a hella good day.

My brother got his limit (5 smallmouths > 14" long), and I got 4, though mine were a bit bigger, on the average: 4 of his were around 15" and he had one nice one ~17-18"; 3 of mine were about 16 1/2", and the other was 14 1/2". I could have easily got my limit, but we got a late start, and I had a job to do in the evening, so we only fished for about 3 1/2 hours.

He caught all his on crayfish. I caught 2 of my big one on shiner minnows, one big one on a Berkley Power Grub, and the other on a crayfish. We catch the crayfish in a nearby river.

We were using ~ 6lb line, light tackle, ~ #10-14 wide bend hooks, and either no sinker or a very small one. The fish were in about 3-5' deep water, close to shore.

I was also catching some bluegills on top, with dark dry flies, ~ #14 hook, which was the closest thing to the hatch that was happening.

Gus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Great bird hunting tip:

I used to go duck hunting with my buds out on a lake. We'd position ourselves on the opposite side of the lake from the ducks. I'd take out a slingshot and shoot a m80 on the other side of the ducks, it'd explode, and they'd ALL fly right over us. Pretty cheap, but if you're camping in the middle of nowhere, anything'll do.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's evil, derEikopf

... but I like it! :up:

Kinda like throwing a can of corn in the water where you see a big carp jump, if you want to catch big carp.

Hell, the lake I go to has the biggest carp, on the average, I've ever seen. Catching several 10-pounders in a day is easy. I should advertise tours in British fishing magazines.