Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Any lawyers, bankers or Mafioso here?

theunflushables

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's a quick run down of whats going on. Back at the end of August the place I was renting was foreclosed on. I had to move but couldn't take my satellite dish. I cancelled the service and they sent my account to a collections company. I had originally had a settlement arranged for 10/10. They withdrew my money from my account on 10/01, sending my bank account into the negative. Finally after a week of hassle I got my money returned to me. Again they tried to set something up for 10/24. I told them not to do anything until I was sure that I would be able to afford to pay them and my rent.

On 10/23 I called them and said DO NOT withdraw any money I can't afford it this paycheck. And the people I spoke with said no payment is scheduled for 10/24. I went to check my account today and sure enough the motherfvckers withdrew the money AGAIN! Now I can't afford to pay rent on Friday and I will be hit with late fees on the rent.

Anybody out there know banking laws, collection laws? Any muscle out there that know how to intimidate? I want my fvckin' money back and I want them off my ass!

WORKEROUTER

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This story doesn't make a lot of sense. You are leaving out some details. How did they get your bank account number? Did they file a judgment against you? Did you give them a debit card number? What charges were sent to collections?

Cancel your current debit card and get a new one that they do not know about.

Discuss a payment plan with the collections agency, and rather than giving them a credit card number or bank account number, give them a post-dated check for the agreed amount.

You need to take care of this or else it will affect your credit report and continue to be a problem.

You need to give some more details.

theunflushables

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, they did get my account number so they could do a check by phone on 10/10. I did not authorize any other withdrawls. I do not have checks as I do not use them.

I did try to set up a payment plan, but for the settlement they needed it in one lump sum.

As for getting this taken care of, I want to get it taken care of, but when I can afford it. But when they keep pulling my money out when they aren't supposed to, it keeps throwing me into other financial issues. For example rent wont be paid on time now.

This is the second time they've fvcked up now. Is there any way to say I want my money back and I want this wiped off my credit report? I mean I work for a repo company, if someone's account goes on hold because they made payment arrangements and we still picked the car up we're screwed. And the debtor can pursue legal actions against us or the lienholder. Wouldn't this be the same issue?

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
Let me get this straight, they got the payment right that was suppose to be rent? So they are paid? I think then, your screwed, or was it only a partial payment?

From the looks of what you said, they finally got their money. What is the issue? Other than you being short on your rent. There is noting you can do if this is the case to get your money back in a realistic / timely manner. In the end, you owed them money. You could file a court case saying that they didn't take it out on the proper day but at the end of the day, you still owed them money, your only chance would be to recoup the late fees your landlord charges you, but thats not worth the hassle of filing a court case and would likely be thrown out for being so ludacris, you owed them money.

This is life, next time, don't give out your bank info if you don't have money. Next time, if a company goes in and does that to your account, on the wrong day, put a stop payment on your account to them, and don't keep any money in your account.

Its a pain but if your in such a bind, measures are required.