Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Any guys do Yoga here?

DuckFan

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think I will get many responses to this question but I wanted to see if any guys practice yoga or have at least tried it. I have good cardio health now and am stronger than I have ever been but feel something is missing. I am working on lowering my body-fat right now but need a new goal/challenge soon.

I see guys that can run far but can lift anything. Guys that push some heavy weights but might have a heart attack if they got on the treadmill. Yoga folks who look tone but I bet most can't run a mile or two. I want to combine a little of all 3 and be fit.

What type of yoga have you tried? Things you liked and didn't like about it. Any thoughts or opinions are appreciated.

fan27

Don Juan
Reaction score
DuckFan said:
I don't think I will get many responses to this question but I wanted to see if any guys practice yoga or have at least tried it. I have good cardio health now and am stronger than I have ever been but feel something is missing. I am working on lowering my body-fat right now but need a new goal/challenge soon.

I see guys that can run far but can lift anything. Guys that push some heavy weights but might have a heart attack if they got on the treadmill. Yoga folks who look tone but I bet most can't run a mile or two. I want to combine a little of all 3 and be fit.

What type of yoga have you tried? Things you liked and didn't like about it. Any thoughts or opinions are appreciated.
I have been doing Bikram yoga for 3 years in addition to running, swimming, weight lifting (just started recently), and biking.

It is a wonderful workout and the woman in my class are incredably hot. You gain tremendous flexibility, back and leg stength with Bikram. Try it out. No cons that I can think of.

fan27

fan27

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've started taking up yoga during the winter to help my flexibility while cycling. I've been able to see a noticeable improvement in my hamstrings and strengthening my core and back muscles.

DuckFan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Fan27, do you take a class for the Bikram or do you have a DVD or something? I thought Yoga would be a good counter to the weights since I get that stiff/tight feeling after a while.

I am hoping there will be some hot women in class, though that's not the main reason for going. My gym has class twice during the week and once on the weekends. I think I will try it this week. I am sure it will be very embarrassing for a while but I really want the flexibility and that other kind of strength that weights can't give you.

I had ACL knee surgery in the past and never got the complete range of motion back. I am hoping it would help with that and help prevent sports injuries.

Franciso, sounds like it helped you and I haven't heard from anyone that they didn't like the results from doing Yoga.

Mctwist4, I will check out the video. Thanks

Anyone have a favorite DVD that they use at home?

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh yeah, it's definitely helped. Better balance, muscle tone is even better, faster recovery after hard workouts (both anaerobic and weight training) and also better concentration believe it or not. Plus there are a ton of hotties in yoga classes.

I won't touch those Bikram classes though. Don't get me wrong, I love scantily clad, sweaty, lithe women but I would like to be conscious to enjoy it!!! :D

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i like yoga, but sometimes i overdue it and it hurts.

Panik

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been doing Iyengar Yoga for a while. I just bought his book "Light on Yoga" for like 10 bucks and have been following the course outlined in it.

Benefits:
Mental, I feel sharper ever since I started and more relaxed, I started feeling muscles I never knew I had, more flexibility, hmm, increased blood flow (think Viagara) better balance and endurance.

Most importantly, it has done wonders for my willpower, since I've learned to be waay more patient and the extra mental endurance has helped me a lot in life. It really takes tons of willpower to do the workout twice a day (once in the morning and once at sundown) like he prescribes it, even if you're sore like hell. I suggest you buy a heater (for the morning practice) and use it if you live in a cold place.

Peace

DuckFan

Don Juan
Reaction score
So I finally get the balls to try it and do something different. I go to the class and wait around. The guy the leads it I guess has a flat tire and can't make it tonight. I was the only guy waiting and there was about 8 women waiting also. Not one hot chick, all older than me. oh well. There is another class Thur by a different teacher i will try. I may just have to buy a DVD or book and start at home.

DarkLight

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol... pretty funny. Don't sweat it though (har har)

Yoga is kick-ass. I used to practice it consistently for about 6mths straight. Did great things for the body/mind. Literally it was meant as a science to prepare your body for enlightenment. Opening up meridian channels through which your life-force (chi) flows. Opening up your chakras (the energy centers of the body, through which the life force is born into existence channeling your bodies meridians.

So besides the great workout. Walk outta there sweating balls, and totally had from holding certain postures etc. It really opens up new doors of being. Higher energy levels, intuition, concentration, power in all its forms. Creates a healthy body/mind, in an individual bottom line.

Not to mention the babes sweating it out w. you in postures your dirtiest dreams couldn't conjure. So... enjoy and...

Suave On'

fan27

Don Juan
Reaction score
Went to Bikram class last night (every Wed night). I Focused on relaxing my breathing and was much better able to tolerate the heat. Talked to 4 hotties. Great sessoin.

Keep shopping around until you find a class you like.

fan27

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I do yoga and pilates on my off training days.

I'm also a huge fan of Jenny Craig.

fan27

Don Juan
Reaction score
Warboss Alex said:
I do yoga and pilates on my off training days.

I'm also a huge fan of Jenny Craig.

Don't forget Richard Simmons.:rock:

English

Don Juan
Reaction score
Cool, I was just refered to Yoga by a friend a week or so back, and haven't got around to finding anything about it so I'll be taking a look at that vid. Cheers Mctwist.

Phoenix_of_the_ashes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to practise yoga every morning, its pretty cool. Itll wake you up instantly and youll have flexibility youve never dreamed of.