Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Any Guitarists?

djbr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not people play (some do, of course) to get chicks, but hey! Isn't that a NICE side effect? Come on! :D

adit

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's cool so many people play guitar!

I have 3 self-made guitars,which are copies of a Les Paul '59,an Iceman (IC300 the old Iceman,not IC500) and a 7-stringer that I came up with after mixing up the designs of K-7 and the RG.I also have a Strat copy which plays pretty fine.I also have a cheap Yamaha FG-350 acoustic,and a pretty solid J&D Clovers acoustic.

I've been playing for almost 7 years now,and I don't know how time has gone by playing guitar lol.It seems like yesterday when I first picked it up.

When I pick up the guitar,I don't intend to show off,but things just happen.Girls seem to like the sound of strings,and when they come by,I play the most wicked solo I can and follow it up with a cheesy love song (if any of the girls are hot,that is..lol).

Dimebag..You like Opeth too?Hahaha..I love their stuff man,especially Harvest,Hope Leaves and To Bid You Farewell..Some of their stuff actually does sound like Metallica.But their stuff isn't that hard,really.I mean,listen to Jason Becker or Shawn Lane or ever Corey Beaulieu (from Trivium);that's what hard is.I can play their solos for 30 seconds and after that my little finger (pinky) starts burning;indicating I cant go on anymore.

il_duce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've played the guitar on and off for about 5 years now, but only seriously for the last year or so. It's fun as hell, only problem is it's a damn expensive hobby to have.

I play a '72 Fender Telecaster Deluxe (the reissue), upgraded with Seymour Duncan pickups and custom wired to allow for coil splitting in the neck and bridge positions. For amps, I use an Epiphone Valve Jr. into a 1x12 cab w/ an Eminence Private Jack speaker, and also a Roland Microcube for just messing around late at night. For effects, right now I'm using a Danelectro Fish&Chips EQ and an EH Little Big Muff Pi. :up: Whoever came up with that name is a genius.

Rovalier

Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with a PRS Custom 22 and/org Gibson Les Paul Standards? Thinking of making a purchase (albeit I am in no hurry).

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes. I've played guitar since I was 15. I was in several bands in the L.A./Hollywood metal scene during the late 80's and early 90's. I've done studio work and played semi-pro during my 20's. I still play now, mostly hard rock, shredding stuff, but I do blues gigs and I've studied Flamenco for the last 3 years.

I play a Les Paul Custom, an Ibanez Destroyer (84), 2 Kramer Barettas, a Kramer Ferrington, and I play a 1963 Gibson Classical and a Vincente Carillo (made for me in Spain) for my flamenco stuff.

Yes, I like to play.

addidasss

Don Juan
Reaction score
scales

could anyone tell me what the purpose of playing scales.

And what's the best tip to learn to play by ear? I see some people are so good by hearing music, and they know what note or chord to play. Are there tips for me to get good at this?

The Bad Ass Canadian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I play guitar, proffessionally and front my own rock band. Been playing guitar for 15yrs, now. Started when i was 12.

The beauty of music is that you can go as deep or as light as you want. Some guys just wanna strum a few chords and sing a few songs at parties, and others want to master their instrument.

Dover

Don Juan
Reaction score
Rovalier said:
Anyone have any experience with a PRS Custom 22 and/org Gibson Les Paul Standards? Thinking of making a purchase (albeit I am in no hurry).
My friend owns a les paul standard. Its amazing! The tone is great, and the action is the best ive ever felt.

PersonalJesus

Don Juan
Reaction score
I play guitar, i'm pretty good, can improvise but i want to get better

anybody have any expierence with multi-effects pedals and knows which one will get me the most bang for my buck?

Archaxis

Don Juan
Reaction score
adit said:
It's cool so many people play guitar!

I have 3 self-made guitars,which are copies of a Les Paul '59,an Iceman (IC300 the old Iceman,not IC500) and a 7-stringer that I came up with after mixing up the designs of K-7 and the RG.I also have a Strat copy which plays pretty fine.I also have a cheap Yamaha FG-350 acoustic,and a pretty solid J&D Clovers acoustic.

I've been playing for almost 7 years now,and I don't know how time has gone by playing guitar lol.It seems like yesterday when I first picked it up.

When I pick up the guitar,I don't intend to show off,but things just happen.Girls seem to like the sound of strings,and when they come by,I play the most wicked solo I can and follow it up with a cheesy love song (if any of the girls are hot,that is..lol).

Dimebag..You like Opeth too?Hahaha..I love their stuff man,especially Harvest,Hope Leaves and To Bid You Farewell..Some of their stuff actually does sound like Metallica.But their stuff isn't that hard,really.I mean,listen to Jason Becker or Shawn Lane or ever Corey Beaulieu (from Trivium);that's what hard is.I can play their solos for 30 seconds and after that my little finger (pinky) starts burning;indicating I cant go on anymore.
Opeth's music is glorious!!!! More HB's should listen to it and show up at concerts. The Shawn Lane (RIP) mention was nice as well, his cover of "All Along The Watchtower" is F'ing amazing. BTW, I've been playing for 13 years now ans I can't say I've ever gotten a girl interested in me because of it. You do it because you love it. :up:

The Bad Ass Canadian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PersonalJesus said:
anybody have any expierence with multi-effects pedals and knows which one will get me the most bang for my buck?

Line 6 Pod XT live. Not too expensive and they sound great. I have one kicking around here that i use every now and again.

Next in line for me would be a Boss GT-6. I don't own one but have used one on many occasions. I would say the effects are great but lacking in the distortion department... the Line 6 is far ahead of it in terms of tone and "feel".