Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Answering machine woes

josephred

Reaction score
A lot of the time when I call girls I'll get the answering machine. I don't always know whether to leave a message or hang up or whatever. normally I would keep trying until I got a response (within reason), but with caller ID and cell phones that record the missed calls you've gotten you don't wanna look like a desprate fvck. So I end upleaving a message, but I don't always get a call back. How long do most of you wait before trying again? or what do you say in the message that ensures she'll call you back?

~J

Hemingway

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't leave a message.

Doc love is right, don't even leave a message. You shouldn't expect her to call you back. I've gotten call backs a couple of days later, and can't remember who she is, and that doesn't make such a good impression.

But if you do leave a message, don't be unprepared, because you will just end up saying, "Hi, I, um, just wanted to, um, say hi."

Instead, say something bold and exciting, like "I've got something to tell you that will blow your mind!"

Tepidypoo

Don Juan
Reaction score
In my opinion, leaving ONE message is fine. Just say who you are and tell her to give you a call.

Only call once.

Reaction score
use *67 before you call, this blocks your number from her seeing who is calling.

Nutmeg

Don Juan
Reaction score
There's nothing you can say to ensure she'll call u back. And if she isn't interested enough to call u back, calling her repeatedly is certainly not going to raise her IL.

There's nothing wrong with leaving a short msg, but don't overdo it. Say "If you want to see me again you'd better call back, because I only call once." Sound friendly; smile while you talk (it can be heard over the phone); don't be too serious (or needy), and don't call her again.

9 sec quarter mile

Reaction score
If I’ve got her mobile number and always get the answer service, I never leave a message. I send her a text message straight away. I find girls are far more lightly to get back to you via texting, than having to call you up.

jester123

Don Juan
Reaction score
here is what I do

Never ever leave a message-period! Men talk to women, not there answering machine.
Remember she might have caller ID. So assume if you get the machine and hang up, she still knows you called. If she is interested, she WILL call you back.

Never ever under any circumstances call a girl more than once a week. Unless you get the machine, then you can wait a few days for another attempt, but that is it-maximum of 2 for that scenario. If you suspect trouble, then you are probably right-can you hold out calling for a month??? Let her wonder what happened. If your not serious, then it is no big deal! I am sure you have many close friends that you didnt speak with in a months time!!

You should be trying to hook up with at least 3 girls at a time-no matter how special one of them may appear-it is better for your sanity and confidence!

Dont be desperate man, you know NOTHING about a girl until you date her for at least 1 year. They love hiding things that may not become so apparent for months. So keep this in mind when chasing your dream girl. She might be a closet nympho who is out ****in ever guy in town, or a habitual liar, or just a flake! Is this someone who you want to be with?

BE CAREFUL! Go out with your friends this weekend and have a good time!!

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Jeez...just leave a message. In most cases, caller ID gives a number, not a name. She's not going to call back every person who hits up her cellphone.

A lot of people on this thread are dead-on. Be PREPARED for the answering machine, because a lot of people don't even ANSWER. If she has extremely high IL, she'll call back. If not, then you may need to call again, but once you leave a message, give her adequate time (a couple days) to respond. If you call again, and get the machine again, then don't leave another message. Just cross her off the list and move to the next number. ;)

Nutmeg

Don Juan
Reaction score
one girl's rules

-If I get a call and I dont recognise the number, I never answer - you never know who it will be, and there are some people I just dont want to talk to.

-If they dont leave a message, I assume it can't have been important, and I don't call back.

-If they either leave a message or a txt, (either is fine) I then choose if I want to reply. If I have any interest, I will reply, if not, I wont.

-If I don't reply, and they keep on trying, I keep on not replying.

This may seem b*tchy to the women haters out there, but I'm not trying to be popular, just realistic. You just have to hope that if her IL was high enough for you to get her number, it will still be high enough for her to call you back. If it isn't, find someone else to call.

golf299

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ive had plenty of success with leaving messages, even with girls whom i dont have that much rapport built with prior to the call. i just leave a curt message saying who i am and lead them to believe that if they don't call back, they won't ever hear from me again. they usually call back, and quite quickly. however, some don't and those are the ones you want to forget about as soon as possible anyway.

Halo

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have to agree with those who say it's ok to leave a message. What else are you going to do, call two or three times and then next her if she doesn't answer? Maybe she knows it's you and doesn't want to answer, or maybe she just isn't home. At least by leaving a message you can be more certain that her IL is the main factor in whether or not you ever talk to her.

If you do leave a message, just keep it brief and sound in control (stand up and walk around, smile as you talk...these things do manifest themselves in the tone of your voice). Phrase your message in such a way that you don't eliminate the possibility of calling her again, eg. "hey sorry I missed you, maybe I'll catch you later." That leaves you with the option of calling her again in a few days, a week, whatever. If you get her machine again after waiting a suitable amount of time, then just leave your number. What do you have to lose? An interested girl will call you back, if not, no big deal...you have a full rolodex right? ;)