Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Another report - Diet

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ve posted how libido going great since I cleaned up the diet etc.

I’ve struggled with weight and have always used a rigid CICO and gym regime. My weight has bounced around and I’ve found it like pulling teeth losing weight.

I’ve ditched that. I have a vague idea of calories so I don’t go bananas, but for 4 weeks I’ve just home cooked everything bar one or two cheats when out seeing friends.

I’ve eaten until I’ve been full. I’ve had days when I thought I ate loads, totted it up and it’s on or slightly above maintenance.

Weighing in I’m losing at 1 1/2 - 2lb week. Without trying other than being careful with not eating stupid amounts of nuts and carbs.

All food is as unprocessed as it can be. I just avoid anything that looks like it was made in a factory. If I can’t cook my go to is nuts and a banana. Only processed I eat is ground beef and even that I limit.

I think this is why there is such disagreement between the CICO brigade and the clean eaters. CICO is right but it’s really hard to eat a big surplus when you’re eating clean foods.

examples of my current diet:

breakfast

Smoked salmon and scrambled egg with wilted spinach and dressing
Pork belly and rice and eggs
Vegetable and cheese omelette
(Occasionally slight cheat) frozen croissant bananas and juice

lunch/dinner

chickpeas onions Corriander and balsamic vinegar
Pho broth
Spagetti bolognaise
Steak and home cooked chips (fried) and mushroom
Air fried sweet potato, spinach and fish/chicken
Caramelised pork belly and egg with pork ball soup
Broccoli chicken and rice
Mackerel, tomato, spinach

Most mornings I have sweetened coffee (not my choice my wife bought a metric ton of it)

none of this food is paleo or even really “diet” food. It comes with plenty salt and olive oil and I eat as much fruit as I like - which is basically bananas.

long post but it took me about 1 week to adjust to liking this food. Now the thought of frozen pizza and McDonald’s makes me want to hurl.

oh, on occasion my wife gets a dessert and I partake in moderation.

I do believe the key isn’t really eating like an athlete (perhaps lower BF it is) but almost everything I’m eating is straight from the ground or the animal into the pot. Or as close to as possible, with a little room for minor cheats.

Fat is melting off, food is cheaper than fast food, more organisation needed but I have the energy now. Libido up. Feel sharper. Wahey!

with respect to gym. Gone is the rigid routine. I rest until I feel ready and then I hit it but I don’t overdo it. Just generally keeping everything in moderation.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
It's good you found something that worked for you, and an example of how eating things that are processed even if they fit within your caloric goals can cause chronic low grade inflammation and cause your body to hold in water weight.

I'd add that even if you aren't tracking calories you ALWAYS should be tracking protein intake and look to get at least 1g per pound of body weight while dropping weight or else you run the risk of more of that weight being lean body mass and less of it being fat.

Protein is vitally important in ensuring as much lean body mass is kept as possible while dropping weight and as such you should always, always, always know your intake for the day and prioritize that over any other macronutrient.

Do not leave this to chance, maximize your results for the effort you are putting in.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You’re doing well OP. Just watch that sugar intake! (Sweetened coffee and juice no bueno)
what about blended fruit smoothies?

you keep all the fibre. I can’t see the issue is the blender is just doing what your teeth do.
I also don’t blend until puréed, I don’t overdo it.

My daughter’s birthday party I ate some party food and I managed about 1/3 of what I used to. Your body gets to a point where it can’t tolerate shyt

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's good you found something that worked for you, and an example of how eating things that are processed even if they fit within your caloric goals can cause chronic low grade inflammation and cause your body to hold in water weight.

I'd add that even if you aren't tracking calories you ALWAYS should be tracking protein intake and look to get at least 1g per pound of body weight while dropping weight or else you run the risk of more of that weight being lean body mass and less of it being fat.

Protein is vitally important in ensuring as much lean body mass is kept as possible while dropping weight and as such you should always, always, always know your intake for the day and prioritize that over any other macronutrient.

Do not leave this to chance, maximize your results for the effort you are putting in.
I go 1g per pound LBM not bodyweight, I am carrying maybe 25 extra pounds I don’t need.
I don’t think this is a hard and fast rule if you’re quite overweight

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I go 1g per pound LBM not bodyweight, I am carrying maybe 25 extra pounds I don’t need.
I don’t think this is a hard and fast rule if you’re quite overweight
It's even more important when you are overweight

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
what about blended fruit smoothies?

you keep all the fibre. I can’t see the issue is the blender is just doing what your teeth do.
I also don’t blend until puréed, I don’t overdo it.
No bueno. Chewing is the whole point. It slows down the digestion process and allows the body to feel full. Drinking calories is suboptimal because it disrupts this process.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
No bueno. Chewing is the whole point. It slows down the digestion process and allows the body to feel full. Drinking calories is suboptimal because it disrupts this process.
I drink berry protein smoothies at least 3-4x a week post workout. I find it's irrelevant. Considering I've lost almost 80 lbs in a year I don't think it makes much difference.

Then again it depends what's in the smoothies. Mine is typically berries, coconut milk, water and protein powder.

But I eat cleaner than 99% of people, so that consistency is what matters not having something that might be "bad" once in a while.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I drink berry protein smoothies at least 3-4x a week post workout. I find it's irrelevant. Considering I've lost almost 80 lbs in a year I don't think it makes much difference.

Then again it depends what's in the smoothies. Mine is typically berries, coconut milk, water and protein powder.

But I eat cleaner than 99% of people, so that consistency is what matters not having something that might be "bad" once in a while.
The body is far more insulin sensitive immediately following a workout. Also, that’s more of a balanced drink with respect to macros than a fructose laden juice.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
The body is far more insulin sensitive immediately following a workout. Also, that’s more of a balanced drink with respect to macros than a fructose laden juice.
Yeah I never drink straight fruit juice...that's pretty much sugar water masquerading as a natural source of fruit.