Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Another Reason Not To Be Chivarlous"

Maximus Rex

Banned
Reaction score
Bury Her Booster Seat
September 05, 2006
by Marc Rudov
Crutch for Inadequacies

I have vivid childhood memories of celebrating holidays, seated at the dinner table with my extended family, balanced on telephone books. Back in the days before booster seats, when my siblings, cousins, and I made the culinary leap from the children’s table to the “adult table,” we had to sit atop a stack of telephone books to reach the food. Twenty-five years later, when my children and their contemporaries outgrew their highchairs, they graduated to sturdy, comfortable booster seats—no telephone books for them.

In essence, a booster seat is a “crutch” that compensates for a child’s inadequacies during an interim period of his early development. One of the proudest milestones in the life of an emotionally healthy child is forsaking her booster seat forever, to sit in a chair like her parents.

Two unrelated but uncannily connected events occurred in the past week, giving me an epiphany about the booster seat. I was in the breakfast aisle of my local Safeway, where a little boy, seated in a shopping cart, whined his father into near-hysteria over cereal choices. The father was unwilling to put down his foot, say no, and show the kid who was boss—a pathetic but all-too-common sight. I had such a strong urge to grab this politically correct wimp by his collar and give him his first pair of balls.

Then, I had a phone conversation with a potential paramour—a beautiful woman earning a six-figure salary and, as a Google search proved, quite accomplished in her field. Yet, after learning about the premise of my book and my recent appearance on The Tom Leykis Show, her ebullience quickly devolved into indignation: She didn’t share my men-and-women-are-peers philosophy, instead asserting her female right to “feel special” as my dinner guest.

“You are asking me to change the way I was raised!” she exclaimed. My rejoinder: “What about a man feeling special, or is that only the woman’s turf?” No answer from her. I continued: “You and I were ‘raised’ in an era when society frowned on women becoming CEOs, judges, and surgeons, and earning big money. Yet, you overcame that ‘upbringing’ to succeed in business, right?” She agreed. I further queried: “How, then, can you cling to this disempowering, hypocritical belief that women need deferential treatment from men, as if they are uneducated, helpless, and unaccomplished?” Again, she had no answer.

How are these two events connected? Each one was a display of childish, immature behavior. The boy did have an excuse: he is a child. But, by tolerating it and not laying down the law, the father unwittingly encouraged many repeat performances. The grown woman, who is my professional peer, had no excuse for her behavior, and I didn’t tolerate it. With her narcissism, she had reduced herself to a little girl, and I did lay down the law: No soup for you!

Her Barely Veiled Canard

My epiphany hit me like a lightning bolt: chivalry is a booster seat for girls in adult bodies! A woman demanding chivalry is really a girl saying: “I’m inadequate. I need a booster seat.” Such self-denigration occurs for two reasons: 1) the woman thinks little of herself and of men; 2) most men carry booster seats—unilateral wining, dining, vacationing, and bejeweling—insisting that women sit on them. Such dysfunction speaks volumes about both parties.

A chivalrous man will pay a HUGE price for his largesse: a lifetime of carrying her booster seat, from dating … to the engagement … to the wedding … through the marriage … and all the way to, through, and after divorce court.

In past articles, I defined chivalry as benevolent sexism, or BS. And, in this article, I show that the booster seat, a metaphor for chivalry, is also BS. What an amazing correlation! No matter how you slice it, chivalry is BS, and it demeans both the man and the woman.

My recent article, “Women to Rule Men by 2010,” further exposed the entitled female’s hypocrisy. It cited a new study by Allianz, the world’s 16th-largest financial-services firm, which forecasts that women will control 60% of US wealth in four years. Allianz concludes that American women are doing extremely well professionally and financially—far from being inadequate.

Despite unambiguous evidence of her earning power—Allianz found that 33% more females than males graduate from college and 60% of women with MBAs outearn their husbands—the typical woman still feels entitled to a man’s money, to sit on his booster seat. And, when asked to justify her nonsense, she’ll reflexively regurgitate illogical, anti-male, duplicitous propaganda. Study her eyes, though, for they will betray her barely veiled canard.

Look in the Mirror

You can continue to blame women for this dysfunction, but there is a larger issue at play here: your role. Time to look in the mirror. The obvious question becomes: Why do you continue to carry around a booster seat like a Boy Scout always prepared for the current or next femme? Answer: You’re still emotionally tied to it and haven’t yet decided to bury it. You’re on autopilot. You think the booster seat gives you power. You think it makes you a gentleman. In fact, that booster seat deflates your manhood and your wallet.

As a frequent guest on radio talkshows, I’ve had the fortunate experience to interact with callers from all over North America. In addition, I get e-mails from guys all over the world who have read my book and articles, and listened to my podcasts. And, I can tell you that, because of their socialization, men struggle with eliminating chivalry—it’s so ingrained. My advice is antithetical to everything they’ve ever been taught. But, the sooner men realize that today’s male/female game is rigged against them, the faster they’ll change.

No-Nonsense Bottom Line

Women control society’s power points: media, wealth, reproductive, legislative, judicial, and law-enforcement. Don’t pretend it isn’t so.
Reject women’s definition of romance as YOU treating them!
A woman who’s not your peer is your dependent—or potential dependent.
Women are more sexual than men; don’t use chivalry to get laid.
Her booster seat is actually your emotional hangup; it has caused and will continue to cause you significant pain.
Solution: bury her booster seat. It belongs in a grave with your wistful, self-defeating notions of chivalry. In your next encounter with an entitled female, direct her to the sale on booster seats at Toys-R-Us. She’ll never mention chivalry again—and likely won’t see you again, either. Lucky you.

The Truth

Banned
Reaction score
don’t use chivalry to get laid.
I think this is the most important thing to remember about this post. Chivalry nor romance should ever be used to get laid or win a woman's heart.

However, if you are chivalrous because that's who you are, because you are standing up for her or yourself or when you are in a relationship, then it's all good.

It depends on the context and it has to be on YOUR terms.

Teflon_Mcgee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bud_2005 said:
So opening doors for her is a no-no then?
Not only should you not open doors, you should run up ahead and hurry up and slip in then close the door behind you before she gets there.

This will give the message that you are peers and you know she is perfectly capable of opening doors.

Trust me, women love it.

captn caveman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Be a feminist...

Equality goes both ways... If they are independent and strong, so let them be...

Anyway, if you dont have your **** extremely together, being chivalrous will make you look weak, and we know, "girls love jerks".. mainly because girls dont have their **** together so as to recognize "**** together man"

What you'll be is a jerk.. What you will really be is a pure feminist.

No double standards.

Open the door for me, pay for my dinner...

NickBe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That is just stupid, chivalry is not a deal maker or a deal breaker. I open the door for a girl and pull out her chair if I can. I never go out of my way to do it though.

They love it, whenever you do it you see a smile come across their face. Women like top be lead, I thought that was the whole premises of the seduction game. Women like to be lead by men and chivalry establishes dominance.

I also send women flowers, if I haven't slept with her yet and I know were she works I will send her a dozen roses at work. They love that getting to show off in front of all the other girls at work and it makes them think about you for the rest of the day then when you see her after work all she will want to do is f*ck you.

captn caveman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Only if you can control the frame...

And from what I see that is one man out of ten, who will pull it off correctly.

"I never go out of my way to do it though."... like I said, 1 in 10...

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think chivalry is fine -- as long as women understand the flipside, which is that I'm the man and I'm in charge.

If I'm just dealing with some hor who is trying to use me or whom I don't know, then I'm not going to supplicate to her by any means (I already told you guys about the lady who came up and asked me for some of my pizza in a bar!).