Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Ankle pain ruining fat loss

Satan Psycho

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've had been having great success losing the 30 lbs or so that I needed to lose to have that awesome body I used to have. I am dead broke and cannot afford a gym. I was jumping rope and jogging nearly everyday and starting to become in fantastic shape. Best of all I was actually in the habit of doing it. But after about 2 months of jogging and then 1 week after adding 20+ minutes of jumping rope before jogging, I started having very bad pain right where the foot meets the leg right underneath where you tie your shoe lace. I suspect that it is the tendons. I can produce the pain easily by hoping up and down as if jumping rope. I checked my insoles and they were worn through at the toes and were replaced. Now it is nearly a week later and I haven't jogged or jumped rope but the pain doesn't seem to have gone away and I still notice it a lot. I am so frustrated that there is nothing I can do for aerobic exersize. All I want to do is to be able to jog and jump rope. What should I do? Do I just need to wait more?

mikeyb

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
-Do you have pain if you jump up and down without shoes on?
-Did the pain first come on while jogging or while hopping?
-Try manually (with your hand) moving the ankle through its range of motion. Do you feel any pain? If so, is it when you rotate it sideways, up and down, or both?
-Is the ankle swollen and are there any visible bruises?

Whenever I have persistent symptoms like yours, I start by decreasing workload by 50% and then if symptoms persist or worsen I follow the RICE (Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation) principle and take some time off. If things don't get better following a full week's rest, I would go see a doctor, but I've never had that happen yet (fingers crossed).

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry to be cliche but seeing a doctor would probably be best. But take mikeyb's info on resting first just to be sure.

What I've noticed many people think running is the way to lose weight and get a great body, but running in itself is dangerous because of all the pressure you are constantly putting on your feet. Running is much more intense than walking, but unneeded when trying to lose fat. Stick to walking mostly to avoid injury.

If you don't have weights or access to the gym, check this out for finding out ways to getting similiar benefits - http://www.rosstraining.com/

Satan Psycho

Don Juan
Reaction score
mikeyb said:
-Do you have pain if you jump up and down without shoes on?
-Did the pain first come on while jogging or while hopping?
-Try manually (with your hand) moving the ankle through its range of motion. Do you feel any pain? If so, is it when you rotate it sideways, up and down, or both?
-Is the ankle swollen and are there any visible bruises?

Whenever I have persistent symptoms like yours, I start by decreasing workload by 50% and then if symptoms persist or worsen I follow the RICE (Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation) principle and take some time off. If things don't get better following a full week's rest, I would go see a doctor, but I've never had that happen yet (fingers crossed).
-First came while hopping
-No pain when moving manually
-Not swollen and no visible bruises

Satan Psycho

Don Juan
Reaction score
I-tallionStallion said:
Sorry to be cliche but seeing a doctor would probably be best. But take mikeyb's info on resting first just to be sure.

What I've noticed many people think running is the way to lose weight and get a great body, but running in itself is dangerous because of all the pressure you are constantly putting on your feet. Running is much more intense than walking, but unneeded when trying to lose fat. Stick to walking mostly to avoid injury.

If you don't have weights or access to the gym, check this out for finding out ways to getting similiar benefits - http://www.rosstraining.com/
Yeah I might have to try walking but that would take a long time since I used to job several miles. Unfortunately, I can't afford a gym. If I could I would definitely live on the stairmaster.

mikeyb

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Based on your answers, I've actually had the exact same problem you seem to have, except mine came on while running. The cause of the problem seemed to be that I overtightened my shoelaces. I fixed the problem simply by loosening the lacing up a bit, but it did take me some experimenting to get it right.

Hope that helps.

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
as an aside, this may be an opportunity to pay more attention to your diet rather than trying to run the weight off.