Angus Beef

LoneSilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I decided to try some Walmart Angus Beef the kind in a box frozen I had heard alot about the taste of angus and when I saw that 1/3 patty has 25 g of protein I was sold..

Well I pop it on the George Foreman grill and had myself a tasty hamburger...When I looked again on the box it said the only ingredients were Angus Beef nothing else and when I saw it had to my surprise Trans fats I was turned off as Trans fats are the fats to stay away from and not the saturated one..

Anyone here care to comment on Trans fats I can't believe a great tasting hamburger has to have this sh*t in it and I have 4 more patties to go..

LoneSilver

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are such a thing as natural trans fats. CLA is one of them for example. If your beef is 100% angus beef but still has trans fats then it's going to be naturally occurring trans fats which you needn't worry about and which are good for you. (these natural trans fats are of course not the same as synthetic trans fats created from processes such as hydrogenation)

Eat your meat. :D

LoneSilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is good to know Warboss and didn't know that about trans fats I thought trans fats were all bad bad bad for us...now I know and relieved.

Glad to get educated on this cause these angus hamburgers are tasty and the protein you get from just one 25g is great too.

Thanks Warboss another reason it's good to have your back :up:

LoneSilver

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why don't you buy some bison steaks? You won't find them in regular supermakets, but I think it can be ordered online and delivered to you. I've never had bison, but I hear it tastes better than steak, has way more protein per pound and is very low fat.