Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Anderson Silva

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow! Did you guys see last night's fight? I think I have a mancrush on Silva at this point! :box:

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I actually think I became gay for Sonnen. Dominated Silva for four rounds and still went out and tried to finish in the 5th.

Nobody was giving the arrogant sh!t talker a chance but he out wrestled and even outstruck (the latter relied on the former) the p4p champ. Great sub in the end though.

j0n24

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wrestling is taking over the sport now that the olympic athletes are coming into MMA.

I cant believe Sonnen was dominating that much the guy that everyone gushes over being the p4p best fighter in the world. Sonnen blew silvas game apart even though he got lucky at the end of the 5th and sonnen got lazy.

Then Silva has the nerve to say he was injured going into the fight.....talk about a sore winner. P4p guy making excuses on his sloppy fight.

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, Silva did say his doctor told him not to go through with the fight. I'll take his word that he really was injured. I'd love to see a rematch. If Silva is telling the truth about his injury, then we'd see a much more even GnP game in the next one. Problem with Sonnen is that he really didn't go for any submissions. All he did was GnP and that's it. Sure that'll win you the fight on a point basis, but why didn't he go for a choke? Or an leg lock or arm bar?? It's going to take more than GnP to take out a guy like Silva.

londonzen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i get into ufc briefly then fall out of it i was watching aq
bout a year ago what happened to cain velaquez he was quite similar to sonnen in that he would just dominate u physically

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sonnen is not a submission guy, either offensively or defensively. He only has two submission wins by choke, neither of which came in the UFC or WEC. And most of his losses are by chokes or armbars. He seems to be a classic wrestler of a couple years back like the Hammer House guys who could control fights but not finish the big ones and were susceptible to submissions.

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wrestling certainly does seem to be showing its effectiveness though. For a big, strong guy, it's the most effective fighting style he can learn for his body type. Take down defenses don't seem to be very effective against a good wrestler who is determined to get you on your back.

EA Gold

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It will be all over when WWE wrestlers like bautista go into the ufc.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
speakeasy said:
Wrestling certainly does seem to be showing its effectiveness though. For a big, strong guy, it's the most effective fighting style he can learn for his body type. Take down defenses don't seem to be very effective against a good wrestler who is determined to get you on your back.
Wrestlers became dominant when they developed submission defense and top submissions. I am an old wrestle/boxer from way back and when I first started rolling BJJ I would get worked, just like the Americans did in early MMA. It wasn't until I kinda sorta picked up some submissions that I started to hold my own. And I'm no brilliant athlete but I think it was easier to pick up being an ex-high school wrestler. Wrestlers now have to become "catch wrestlers" or good hybrid strikers to really be successful.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Speaking of wrestling, the arm triangle that Matt Hughes used to win was a sweet move. I have never seen it accomplished from that position, yet he left his opponent unconscious.

fatdog

Don Juan
Reaction score
j0n24 said:
Wrestling is taking over the sport now that the olympic athletes are coming into MMA.

I cant believe Sonnen was dominating that much the guy that everyone gushes over being the p4p best fighter in the world. Sonnen blew silvas game apart even though he got lucky at the end of the 5th and sonnen got lazy.

Then Silva has the nerve to say he was injured going into the fight.....talk about a sore winner. P4p guy making excuses on his sloppy fight.
While Sonnen was dominating the fight for almost 5 rounds, I wouldn't say Silva "got lucky". There were several unsuccessful attempts at submissions from Silva's side to indicate that he was trying the whole time. Sure, he got the beating of a lifetime, but Sonnen was the one with the gashing wound in the forehead.

And don't forget Sonnen tried to play off the submission like he didn't tap, which is pretty obvious that he did.

This was by no means an easy fight, but the better fighter came out on top.

londonzen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
yeh i was thinking his face was pretty bad while silva looked normal
lol if that was a street fight silva would always be called the winner in that situation

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Here's the thing...the whole time I was watching that fight, I watched Silva getting his skull pounded on and, although he wasn't really fighting back, he didn't look like he was even really getting HURT. I'm sure he was tired to some extent, but I almost feel as if his strategy WAS to wait for the "championship rounds" and count on Sonnen getting tired and making a mistake.

I honestly don't know after that fight if Silva truly got dominated and just got lucky at the end, or if he's just f*cking with Sonnen, the UFC, and all of us.

Trader

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
squirrels said:
Here's the thing...the whole time I was watching that fight, I watched Silva getting his skull pounded on and, although he wasn't really fighting back, he didn't look like he was even really getting HURT. I'm sure he was tired to some extent, but I almost feel as if his strategy WAS to wait for the "championship rounds" and count on Sonnen getting tired and making a mistake.

I honestly don't know after that fight if Silva truly got dominated and just got lucky at the end, or if he's just f*cking with Sonnen, the UFC, and all of us.
Awesome fight

Did you notice that Silva got down on his knees in front of Sonnen after the fight ended, as a sign of respect

j0n24

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sonnen was NEVER a 1 hit hitter quitter. He just doesnt have the strenght that Silva has so going into the fight EXPECTING a TKO from Sonnen is extremely reaching.

I agree Silva didnt look like he was getting hurt but come on ANY punch to the face WILL hurt no matter how weak the other guy/girl is no matter what.

I still say and I was watching the fight again like an hour ago that Silva got lucky and Sonnen got lazy.

Sonnen KNEW that Silva had horrible ground game and took advantage of it....I was always afraid of the ight getting stood up because of how strong silva is but once it was on the ground Sonnen had the upper hand.

Sonnen got lazy/tired and paid the price BUT you cant say that Sonnen didnt dominate Silva for 20minutes.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Silva had horrible ground game

I said the same thing to my trainer tonight. He has grappled with Dan Henderson and told me that when an Olympic-caliber wrestler puts you on your back, it feels like there is a truck on top of you.

Inquisitus

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's difficult to say Silva's lucky for finishing an Olympic-level wrestlers. It doesn't seem easy to triangle a guy who's sweaty and has been on top of you for the last 20 minutes.

SexyMofo

Banned
Reaction score
No such thing as luck. It wasn't a lucky triangle, it was performed by a fighter with better submission skills. Minotauro Noguira gets his ass beat by fighters he submits. It's not because he's lucky, it's because he was an iron chin, the heart of a lion, and one of the best BJJ skillsets in the world.

Silva got his ass beat for 4 rounds because his last 3 opponents were jokes. Instead of training, he's been partying, drinking, and sexing up ladies.

Sonnen did a good job, but he wasn't good enough to beat a lazy Silva.

Now he realizes how close he came to losing and we will see a different Anderson Silva.