Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Anderson Silva gets knocked the eff out.......

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He got bored a long time ago and started having to clown his opponents to entertain himself. He's still the best striker in the world, even if they finally found an opponent that he actually should have put effort into fighting.

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
He got bored a long time ago and started having to clown his opponents to entertain himself. He's still the best striker in the world, even if they finally found an opponent that he actually should have put effort into fighting.

This though. You stay in the ring long enough and some one is bound to knock you out.

Gaucho

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The rematch is on apparently and Silva is again the betting favourite. That punch landed on the tip of his chin, that is the absolute killer knockout zone. That's why boxers are always taught to tuck their chin. Obviously, Silva has a different style of fighting so he could always potentially get caught there, but the guy is a freak on his feet, I wouldn't like to bet on that happening again. Taking him down is your best chance for sure, particularly for Weidman who also has great BJJ. If this stays on the feet again, Silva will probably end Weidman just as violently. I hope we Silva put those trademark knees to work.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, all that clowning sh!t is not what is taught in training. When you lean far towards one direction, you lose the ability to move. Silva leaned all the way back, Weidman stepped into the punch, and Silva simply could not move his head because it was in such a bad position.

And you are right about tucking the chin in regard to knockouts. I can tell you from experience, though, that the best reason to tuck the chin is that it keeps you from getting punched with force in the throat and the nose, both of which are soft spots that hurt a lot to get hit in. With a tucked chin, straight punches tend to land on your forehead, which does not hurt at all when the adrenaline in flowing. It also hurts the hand of the guy throwing the punch.

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Deserved it for fvcking around. Didnt work this time. You can bet you wont be doing that again.

Hustlaz Ambition

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol what a waste of money, and this sport was suppose to "kill" boxing. Floyd Mayweather or Manny Pacqauio would never put on such a performance. The MMA fad is over anyway. Don't get me wrong it won't die, but like Wrestling(which use to be big in the 90s) it will still have its niche fans, but it won't be this big time blockbuster anymore and they could sure as hell sit down somewhere with that dethroning boxing talk. Meanwhile boxing is having its best year in a decade and is STILL breaking records.

Joe Rogan claimed after Manny and Floyd boxing was going to die because "It has no young upcoming stars like MMA". Meanwhile the past year Floyd and Manny's PPV fights is still pushing 1 mil+ buys, Canelo Alvarez and Floyd Mayweather sold out a fight in less than 24 hours, The Klitschos are filling out stadiums of 70,000 people in Russia. Canelo Alvarez, Danny Garcia and Adrien Broner free fights on TV had more ratings than ANY of UFC's Fox tv fights and those 3 guys are around my age, the oldest being 25. Yet according to Rogan boxing had no young rising stars. Sorry if I offended any MMA fans, but its laughable that this was suppose to kill Boxing. But, this and Chales Son(or whatever his name is i dont keep up with MMA enough to know) getting title fights for talking trash like how a WWF Wrestler gets their title shots is all to reminiscent of how Wrestling buy rates and ratings went down the sh!tter when The Attitude Era ended.

bradd80 said:
He got a little arrogant and paid for it big time. Weidman made him look like a fool. But Silva's still probably the best athlete MMA has ever produced, and that says a lot. Besides, I think a little showboating is good for sport it makes things interesting.
Nah it makes MMA look like a joke IMO. Actually, its why people hated Anderson for this type of stuff anyway. You won't see any other top athletes do that in other sports, because the athletes know its wasting the fan's money. Either way I'm not surprised MMA is on a decline, with "this" being a main event. Weidman only had three years of training to boot? John McCain called this "human ****fighting" maybe he's right. I'll stick to the "sweet science" called boxing.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
From a fighter's perspective, the difference with boxing is the money. There are simply more big purses to be had in boxing than in mma. I have known and trained with a few mma fighters who made it as far as the UFC undercard. Even then, their purse is only 2-3 grand. With a bad injury, they would spend more in hospital bills than they made to fight.

The most fearsome fighter I ever trained with was a heavyweight Samoan killer who just destroyed everyone we could find who would get into the cage with him. I never saw one of his fights last longer than a minute. But he gave up on mma to turn pro as a boxer, because he could make a lot more money than in mma.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He deserved it. Arrogant as$. I think showboating is part if fighting, but Silva lost a lot of fans from his antics.

Gaucho

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I always find it funny when people talk about MMA vs Boxing. Like they are somehow mutually exclusive. The fact boxing is hitting a new golden era on the back of the MMA wave, seems to me like it actually bought fans to boxing. More people appreciate the combat sports.

Hustlaz, Gennady Golovkin also just did some crazy HBO numbers. He is a complete butcher in the ring. Best middleweight I've seen in a long time! The guy is just a pure destructive force!

Gaucho

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hustlaz Ambition said:
Joe Rogan claimed after Manny and Floyd boxing was going to die because "It has no young upcoming stars like MMA".
Joe Rogan is the single reason I don't watch much MMA anymore. I can't stand the guy. He talks like he is the expert on every single art.

He says over and over and over, to anybody that will listen, how the guys who use a boxing base are too limited with their striking. He was saying it throughout the Edgar vs Oliveira fight, even when Frankie was giving that kid a lesson in striking!

I think he must have missed Diaz destroying everybody who engages in a stand-up fight with him (Condit quite literally ran in their fight), Nate Diaz decimating Cowboy, who is a top level Muay Thai fighter, JDS tearing a new ass for all the guys who try to stand with him and Edgar doing ok even with Aldo, and Edgar is nowhere near an elite fighter with his hands. He has adapted his boxing well to fight in and out of the clinches and has good footwork, but he lacks reach, power, body shots or combination punching. Unfortunately, we never get to see the elite guys with their hands in MMA, because as Bible says, they all go into boxing to make 10x the money.

As for that Samoan Bible, they are absolute beasts. We have a lot of them here in Australia, and they are just bread huge and mean!