Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

And we fear WOMEN?

Omen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So as I refreshed my browser I came upon a topic on MSN. It's about what we fear. As I read through the article, I got to thinking... How interesting about the things we fear, or SHOULD fear as opposed to things we THINK we should fear.

http://health.msn.com/health-topics/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100200597&GT1=31036

I then thought about this forum, and about all of the guys who FEAR women. It makes you wonder WHY though?

I think some of this is summed up in the first part of the article...

The human brain is exquisitely adapted to respond to risk—uncertainty about the outcome of actions. Faced with a precipice or a predator, the brain is biased to make certain decisions. Our biases reflect the choices that kept our ancestors alive.

I mean I bet there are guys out there who dont fear snakes, but fear women. Weird huh? :D

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DonGorgon said:
They dont fear women .. they fear the pain and frustration that come from negative interactions with women they want to F..
Yep, they're afraid of their own insecurities.

Wodan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
There isnt any point in fear though, theyre experiencing difficulty from a lack of knowledge that they need to aquire from experience (which can be aided by reading) in order to pull off succesful interactions, or even to realise that they pull off succesful interactions!

Heres a classic example that affects newbies. You want to make a girl your gf that you had sex with the first night - its pretty unlikely that she gives a crap about you in that sense if she gives it up on the first night and likewise you just want sex with a girl that is witholding it (she's witholding sex because she really is intrested and wants you to be her bf!)

The Bat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DonGorgon is right.

You see, with many other things that we fear, we have another outlet where we can get rid of those fears. Fear driving a motorcylce at 100+ mph? Then you start off riding bikes at slow speeds. Gradually, you build yourself up to that 100+ mph goal, and your fear is gone. You "train" yourself to get rid of your fear. In the end, you see that there is nothing to be afraid of riding a bike 100+ mph AFTER you've worked your way up to it.

With women, there is really no outlet. Sure you can build yourself up to approaching by smiling, eye contact, and making small talks. You can't go and experience the frustration, anger, and pain elsewhere. Recovering from physical pain such as a busted knee is relatively easy when compared to recovering from emotional pain such as getting rejected.

This is why it's so important to build and maintain a strong sense of self-esteem. You must know that there is only one person responsible for any and all emotional damage done to you:...YOU! When you accept this fact, approaching and interacting with women will be much easier. Be as strong as a rock and know that nobody or no words can destroy your inner self.

DonJuan11

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Omen said:
So as I refreshed my browser I came upon a topic on MSN. It's about what we fear. As I read through the article, I got to thinking... How interesting about the things we fear, or SHOULD fear as opposed to things we THINK we should fear.

http://health.msn.com/health-topics/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100200597&GT1=31036

I then thought about this forum, and about all of the guys who FEAR women. It makes you wonder WHY though?

I think some of this is summed up in the first part of the article...

The human brain is exquisitely adapted to respond to risk—uncertainty about the outcome of actions. Faced with a precipice or a predator, the brain is biased to make certain decisions. Our biases reflect the choices that kept our ancestors alive.

I mean I bet there are guys out there who dont fear snakes, but fear women. Weird huh? :D
The article is stating the obvious. "We fear cancer but not heart disease." Well one thing you can control, the other you can't. "We fear snakes, not cars." One thing you can control, the other you can't. "We fear unlikely events" Because you can't control it. Why do you worry about exams? Because you can't control it.

Why do you fear women? Because you can't control their responses. How dare she reject me? Doesn't she know I would rock her world if she lets me in between her knees? Doesn't she see I'm the best guy for her? Doesn't she realize I will love her forever and ever?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Be more afraid of dog bites as opposed to snake bites. Be more afraid of a child drowning in a backyard swimming pool opposed to them finding a gun in the house and offing themselves. This is in one of the chapters of my research methods texts.

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DonGorgon said:
They dont fear women .. they fear the pain and frustration that come from negative interactions with women they want to F..
Pretty much nailed it.

I bet I could beat up 10 girls at once at once if I had to, so I don't physically fear them. It's the fear of rejection, the damaging of the ego.

FDR said it best, "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself"

As for fearing snakes but not cars it's not about what we can control in that circumstance it's a primal fear. As smart, big and powerful (with technology) we are, humans are still scared of getting eaten.

There was a shark attack in San Diego a few days ago. A man in his 60's was killed by a great white and it was all over the news for two days. One man killed by one shark. How many people die in car accidents each day?

Doing a little research, there were nearly 6,420,000 auto accidents in the United States in 2005 and there were 61 unprovoked shark attack on humans across the world. Based on those numbers humans should be terrified of cars and ride sharks to work :D

Omen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maxtro said:
Pretty much nailed it.

I bet I could beat up 10 girls at once at once if I had to, so I don't physically fear them. It's the fear of rejection, the damaging of the ego.

FDR said it best, "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself"

As for fearing snakes but not cars it's not about what we can control in that circumstance it's a primal fear. As smart, big and powerful (with technology) we are, humans are still scared of getting eaten.

There was a shark attack in San Diego a few days ago. A man in his 60's was killed by a great white and it was all over the news for two days. One man killed by one shark. How many people die in car accidents each day?

Doing a little research, there were nearly 6,420,000 auto accidents in the United States in 2005 and there were 61 unprovoked shark attack on humans across the world. Based on those numbers humans should be terrified of cars and ride sharks to work :D
And you know it's funny you say this because I honestly (though I dont live by the ocean) would probably be more afraid to jump in the water and have a fear of sharks, over having an auto accident. I think about that now. "Man if I ever go to the beach i'd be scared" And the truth is... You are right about the statistics.

But I do think it is the fear of REJECTION and not necessarily the woman per se. The emotional toll it takes on people can suck. You hear it on this site about how people get rejected and then want to give up on life.

ItsOnNow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's posts like this that make me think what have I been doing wrong,or not doing at all? My self esteem has been at a rather low point for quite some time,so I think that is my big hinderance. I can't approach women,sure I want to get laid,but somewhere,the programming is wrong.

MooseGod

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Paradise City where the grass is green and the
Maxtro said:
It's the fear of rejection, the damaging of the ego.
Somebody give this man a beer! It all comes down to the ego. Lose the ego, find yourself, and nothing is difficult. Because at that point, even if you get shot down...it doesn't matter. None of it does. You're going to keep on being you, and that's what makes you happy.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Bat said:
Recovering from physical pain such as a busted knee is relatively easy when compared to recovering from emotional pain such as getting rejected.
Says who? As a dancer and one who plays a lot of sports, a busted knee will seriously fvck up my social life for a long period. Rejections are like cool breezes in comparison. I get a few every now and then, no big deal. I might be a little pissed off but it's nothing more than a bee sting. It hurts temporarily and leaves a mark for a few days, but that's about it. I'd take 1000 rejections over the busted knee.

Jon55

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Daddy The Pimp said:

I'm sorry dude, but your sig...field testet? You mean tested? The spelling nazi in me had to say something. Anyway, very interesting post, but The Bat's quote:

You must know that there is only one person responsible for any and all emotional damage done to you:...YOU! When you accept this fact, approaching and interacting with women will be much easier.
ROCK SOLID! I can't stop thinking about this.

DonGorgon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Studying the fact that all lies contain fragments
You must know that there is only one person responsible for any and all emotional damage done to you:...YOU! When you accept this fact, approaching and interacting with women will be much easier.
Well not really!

We need to realize that the human mind contained within the human brain is very similar to any other organ's and their functionality and vulnerability to external negative stimuli and damage .

If you play hocky with no shin guards and knee guards, which will give you freer movement, then you will move better but sustain major injury eventually...

Now imagine the game of "Love", if you play it with no emotional guards up you will love deeper and more fully but you will also be susceptible to major injury eventually, just the emotional kind, which can hurt just as bad as any physical injury!

So the only way to be invincible to emotional damage is to never completely give yourself emotionally, always hold something back...

IN MANY CASES TRUE LOVE DOES NOT ALLOW YOU TO HOLD BACK, IT ENGULFS YOU AND SWEEPS YOU AWAY BY ITS VERY NATURE NOT BY YOUR CHOICE... So if you get hurt by your mate in a situation like that it is not your fault at all but it is you duty to heal yourself and move on..

The Deacon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Omen said:
I mean I bet there are guys out there who dont fear snakes, but fear women. Weird huh?
Funny huh? One of my friends drag races at speeds of 140 MPH and is scared to ask a girl out.