And the point of this was?

edger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A state in America that'll unmercifully leave you
I get into Manhattan Saturday night and park my car behind this jeep. As I'm parking, a real f*ckin' hottie in those really short, tight, white kacky shorts that lots of chicks are wearing these days, who's also wearing a sexy set of heels, gets out of the jeep(but doesn't actually come up to my window) and asks if I have enough room to park. I'm like, "Yeah", and gesture with my hand, giving her a thumbs up as I'm in my car letting her know that everything's cool. Ok, I go into my regular Saturday night club, kill 3 hrs in there. 4 a.m. rolls around and the place closes. So I'm walking back to my car and see a piece of paper on my windshield, and I'm like, "Oh sh*t, I hope I didn't get a ticket(parking violations in Manhattan cost an arm and a leg). The whole time walking back, I have my fingers crossed and holding my breath that it ain't a ticket. So I get to my car and see it's not a ticket, but a note. On it, it reads, exact words:

"You're cute.
Hope you had a good night:)

Charlyn
Jeep chick"

Now immediately, I think, "What's the point of leaving me a note like this if she's not gonna leave me a number???" Sure, she could've had a boyfriend, but I doubt it. But I could be wrong. But for arguments sake, assuming she didn't have a "significant other", what would be the point of going out of your way to leave me a note like this if you're not going to leave me your number along with it?

countermart

Don Juan
Reaction score
So, yeah, I'm a good-looking guy, yet still, most of the time don't get vibes (buying signals). Women simply don't give a sh*t that I'm good-looking. That's the truth of it. Most women are not phased by good-looking men.
Must be getting that vibe going, hey Edger?

Obviously she likes you but does not want to leave her number on an unknown persons car in Manhattan. You, or anyone else could pick it up! She basically, hopes to see you around the place again...a long shot but you never know.

Look on the bright side for the next week you are going to notice every Jeep in Manhattan. Ha. Ha.

Countermart

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
girls like to flirt because they like to flirt.

this girl happened to flirt by leaving a happy note on your car. Take for what it is, some hot girl noticed you and wanted to reach out in whatever way was comfortable for her.

put the note in your wallet or in your pocket to give you confidence next time you want to make a cold approach.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
edger said:
Now immediately, I think, "What's the point of leaving me a note like this if she's not gonna leave me a number???" Sure, she could've had a boyfriend, but I doubt it. But I could be wrong. But for arguments sake, assuming she didn't have a "significant other", what would be the point of going out of your way to leave me a note like this if you're not going to leave me your number along with it?
Ever watched a chick flick, like a rom com?

Now get to work, Mr Detective.

horaholic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Post that in the missed connections on craigslist for week or two. She might bite back.

AND... let this be a lesson to talk to every chick we see, cuz you never know!

decades

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
she wants you to track her down like an animal. then she will have a story to tell her Gfriends and guys she cuddles with. They will all say "That's so Romantic!!!". See you didn't think chicks were logical but they totally are.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I guess we know where to find you this coming Saturday night.

edger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
countermart said:
Must be getting that vibe going, hey Edger?
Wow, so what? Still, most of the time I don't get vibes, this particular instance fits into the small percentage of times that I actually do get vibes...although I will say, for some strange reason, I've actually been getting a little more vibes than I usually do from hot women lately, as compared to 8 months ago. And it's not like I look different or am doing anything differently. Nothing has changed at all. I would totally act on a lot of these vibes too, but in a lot of these instances, it either hasn't been the right moment to go in for the kill, they were with guys, or I wasn't 100% sure they were interested(like I said, usually before I approach, she has to have given me at least 2-3 buying signs/vibes, so I can be sure she wants to mingle).

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's neat and somewhat cute.

Not everything has to have some higher meaning or lead to a great connection -- just let it be a cute little thing she did because she was embarrassed to say something to you directly. I know I'd be walking around with the biggest sh¡t-eating grin on my face for the rest of the week if I got a note like that on my car.

If you're so inclined, though -- post something on craigslist's missed connections section and see if she bites.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
Edger, I think the takeaway point is you are too passive in your game. I think you need to be a lot more agressive than you are. Especially when a girl talks to you even if it seems like she's just asking a question. You should take it as a huge indicator of interest.

edger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ketostix said:
Edger, I think the takeaway point is you are too passive in your game. I think you need to be a lot more agressive than you are. Especially when a girl talks to you even if it seems like she's just asking a question. You should take it as a huge indicator of interest.
You're right, I should've been more aggressive, can't disagree with you there. "Weak" game here...lol.

countermart

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, so what? Still, most of the time I don't get vibes, this particular instance fits into the small percentage of times that I actually do get vibes...although I will say, for some strange reason, I've actually been getting a little more vibes than I usually do from hot women lately, as compared to 8 months ago. And it's not like I look different or am doing anything differently. Nothing has changed at all. I would totally act on a lot of these vibes too, but in a lot of these instances, it either hasn't been the right moment to go in for the kill, they were with guys, or I wasn't 100% sure they were interested (like I said, usually before I approach, she has to have given me at least 2-3 buying signs/vibes, so I can be sure she wants to mingle).
You seem a little peeved, but hey why should I fall into your frame? LOL.

Two possible reasons, one, you have actually changed and do not realise it or, two, while you were always getting IOIs from women you have only just recently come to recognise the often subtle nature of it.

This would be like any learning experience you would become increasingly better as you go.

You are about to get a good idea about how once the brain is programmed to see something it will search and seek it out where previously it was not noticed or recognised. In that I mean that you probably never noticed Jeeps around town, in the next week you are going to notice them everywhere and wonder how you never noticed there are so many Jeeps before.

Don’t beat yourself up over the missed opportunity, I am expert at that too!

Countermart

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
edger said:
So I get to my car and see it's not a ticket, but a note. On it, it reads, exact words:

"You're cute.
Hope you had a good night:)

Charlyn
Jeep chick"
For gawd's sake, it ain't rocket surgery, it is a green light. The note means simply this, " I like the look of you . IF you see me around, approach me."

Oh Edger, if you DO see her 'around' you better get right on it and post a FR directly, OK ?

BTW, did you realise that you have most of 'the power' here ? She went to the trouble of writing that note , include her name, give you a compliment and then stick it on your vehicle. That means that she probably has higher IL in you than you have in her right now.
The cookies are all in your jar, dude.

Mr. Me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A hot chick in NY actually ASKS a stranger if she left him enough room to park? She must be from way out of town. Like Canada.

But seriously... My guess is that for her too, "rejection trumps regret" and she probably kicked herself that she wasn't more aggressive in the moment and let you slip away, so she leaves the note to ease her regret, telling you she found you attractive.