Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

and I just shook my head........

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was talking to my doctor yesterday and we were discussing motorcycles. He's super cool, easy to talk to, smart. When going thru med school he rode crotch rockets. A few years ago he traded his crotch rocket for a Harley Sportster. Now he is married and has two small children. The wife decided he shouldn't be riding any more. She took it upon herself to put the bike for sale on craigslist without telling him. He didn't know it until he found it on craigslist and said "hey, thats my bike"!

He told his wife how wrong she was and she can't do what she has done. However, the bike is still for sale.

Jeezus, what the hell. I get the whole having kids thing and riding bikes, but there are a million other ways to die. There's a difference in riding every day and just for pleasure on weekends but it seems there is no give and take with this woman.

What a shame this man didn't stand up to this woman. He chose to give in to avoid making her unhappy. Why no compromise? What will she do next when she's not happy? divorce him and take his kids and money?

This guy is a doctor, has social skills, charm, makes good money, has looks, and is easy to talk to. Getting women wouldn't be difficult.

I don't understand why so many men give in just to make some woman happy. What about what the guys wants. You let this behavior go on long enough and it will erode at your soul and someday there will be nothing left.

If women truly want to be happy, they need to take a long hard look at themselves for the answers.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A good wife would plead her case to the man. Say "I would rather you not ride any more to reduce the risk that you'll die/become a vegetable. Please."

A good husband will a) listen and b) make the decision that HE feels is right for him.

SecondHalf

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
An invasive wife would plead her case.
A good wife would trust her husband's judgement and buy him leather pants.

The woman who pleads such a case, will remain pleading it (in one way or another) for rest of her days!

A good husband/father will be sensible enough to not put himself at unnecessary risk (bike not an issue if you're sensible) given his responsibilities.

SH

scrouds

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
samspade said:
A good wife would plead her case to the man. Say "I would rather you not ride any more to reduce the risk that you'll die/become a vegetable. Please."

A good husband will a) listen and b) make the decision that HE feels is right for him.
You're almost dead on. Almost.

A good husband will listen and make the decision that is best for his family. Its a man natural place to steer the ship and do what's best for the family unit as a whole.

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can understand a wife not wanting her husband to have a bike. But this guy has no frame, otherwise this never would have happened. He probably moved to where she wanted to live, gave into her dream of having children, and now she runs the household. I notice a lot of men end up living their wife's dreams. Marriage, children, nice house, family. Really every woman's dream in some capacity. Not to say that a man cant want these things too or be happy with them....but too many men allow themselves to simply be a vehicle to fulfilling a woman's dreams.

Guys, be the leader or your wife/gf will lead you.

Nutz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
scrouds said:
You're almost dead on. Almost.

A good husband will listen and make the decision that is best for his family. Its a man natural place to steer the ship and do what's best for the family unit as a whole.
This. It's the Captain/First Officer relationship model Athol Kay talks about at Married Man Sex Life. Great site IMO.