An Important Message for New Dons Discouraged and Dissapointed with Thier Progress

Young Juan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The Path of Success Lies Inside of the Forest of Failure.

I've been on these boards for a minute and have recently noticed how many Don Juan Downers have been popping up. I understand your plight, but you have to put things in perspective:

- Kobe Bryant misses most of the shots he takes (45% career FG%)
- Pro poker players (hold em) fold the majority of the hands their dealt
- The majority of baseball is strikes and outs

The most successful people in the world fail significantly more often than they succeed. Nonetheless, they are still the most successful people IN THE WORLD. Why?

Because the bigger you bet, the bigger you win. When the odds are against you, you bet less to win more. Getting 20:1 odds, if you lose $100 13 times straight, but win the 14th time, you end up + $700. Plain and simple.

Now apply this logic to chasing women. If you get rejected by 24 HB10s, but pull 3, how would that make you feel to have 3 dimes in your rotation? Priceless?

A GREAT baseball player hits 50 HRs a year, usually out of 400+ QUALITY plate appearances. Make sure your stepping up to the plate with quality appearances e.g. you work out and don't neglect your legs (this is more about testosterone flow than vanity), keep yourself groomed and clothed well and recognize that your failures are actually the largest part of your success!

Lastly, the Laws of Probability dictate the following: If you lose 20 times in a row, the probability of success is higher on the next attempt, NOT because you've lost 20 times in a row and you're "due", its actually because the laws of probability dictate that (A) such a streak will not continue indefinitely, and (B) long streaks of any kind (other than the ones in your underwear) are rather improbable in and of themselves.

I could really go on about this forever so I'll leave it where I found it:

The Path of Success Lies Inside of the Forest of Failure.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Very well put, Young Juan. The concept has come up in this forum before, but you lend a certain "real-world" aspect to it.

It's a great reminder for me both with DJing and also for my business.

+1 rep.