An ego boost and a rude awakening.

MacDonald

Don Juan
Reaction score
Today I was walking through the mall with a buddy of mine.

I hear someone say "excuse me." My eyes focus on a well dressed woman who appeared to be in her late 20s. My first thought was that she was conducting some sort of a survey(it just happened the other day).

Then she said, "Have you ever considered modeling?" I was caught off guard by this. I was automatically conscious of the things around me. I was wating for someone to jump out and yell, "Got ya!!"

But I told her I never considered it. She tried to give me her card with an appointment time on it, but I told her I couldn't commit to any time. So we parted.

Other people have told me the same thing, basically, but they weren't the prettiest of the lot so I didn't pay attention to them.

I felt like an idiot because my buddy was next to me.lol. I won't hear the end of it.

So there's the ego boost.

Here's rude awakening:

I should have been getting women left and right. I'm not in a situation as bad as some of the posters here, but I haven't been mowing the lawn 24/7, if you know what I mean.

So gentlemen, what's more important that looks? Truly, it is personality. Walking down the hall in school I get looks, but it does no good if I don't talk to the lookers. Fortunately, mainly because of this site, I AM talking now.

A good look may get attention, but a good personality will hold their atttention. If you guys follow the Bible and read this site, even if you aren't so attractive, you'll get women.

Trust me. Looks may get women to check you out, but that's all they'll do if you can't talk to them. Be good with words and body language and you can overcome anything, nearly.

FlyGuy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
even if you aren't so attractive, you'll get women.
You say this as if you have experience being ugly. Unfortunately you don't. Come on man, looks don't matter? Please. What good is your personality if chicks don't give you a chance to show it? Or worse, if they pre-judge you because you don't fit their mental image of who they think they should end up with. You never get placed in the "fvckable" category to begin with.

bugsquish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea, but a dismal personality can take you out of the ****able category.

And an amazing, confident, sexual personality will put an ugly guy into the ****able category. I don't doubt it.

FlyGuy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, a bad personality can take you out of the running too. I never said personality counts for nothing, but will it win the day if you're ugly? I'm not so sure.

MacDonald

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by FlyGuy
You say this as if you have experience being ugly. Unfortunately you don't. Come on man, looks don't matter? Please. What good is your personality if chicks don't give you a chance to show it? Or worse, if they pre-judge you because you don't fit their mental image of who they think they should end up with. You never get placed in the "fvckable" category to begin with.
I do understand you. What I'm saying is that looks will get you nowhere if you can't back them up, and the right charm will get you laid, even if your not great looking.

Of course looks make it easier, at first. I guess the art comes into play when an unattractive man can hook a woman with his wit and charm. That's more important than looks, my friend. You may not see it that way, and I can't see it exactly the way you do, but I know I'm right.

I've read a few articles on the subject on this site. Do a search if you haven't seen them yet. They explain it better than I do.