Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

An alternative to a handshake

Move

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys,

This is my first post - I really value all the content on this site. If i hadn't found this site in my hour (weeks really) of need, i'd still be sitting around wondering why it always happens to me. Why do I lose the girl within 2-3 months? So thanks to everyone out there with such stellar advice. Now its my turn.

I stumbled upon this idea quite a while ago. A friend of mind used it and i was amazed at the reaction he got from it.
When you are being introduced, or introducing yourself to a girl, theres always that question of... "should i shake her hand?" or if you know her a little "should i peck her on the cheek?".
Well my hint beats those two hands down. Immediately offer your hand, she will in turn present her hand. Rather than shaking it, kiss her hand like they did in the old days. I swear, the women go all weak in the knees over this!!

Try it at least once - you wont be disappointed. Let me know how it goes!

MidwestFreek

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ive read bout this here and there...i never tried it...im thinkin bout it tho

Yotsuya-san

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Move,
Be real careful with that. Especially with women you're meeting for the first time. To some, it will, no doubt come off as original (at least in the sense that it's something you certainly won't see everyday). But others (most likely a majority if you're in the States) will just get the impression that you're just another sleazy character trying to act like you have class or style.
You'd better be watching her eyes carefully and you should judge and assess her reaction before you fully proceed with the gesture and be prepared to turn it into a handshake (inconspicuously if that's at all possible) if you sense that she will be put off in any way. Otherwise you risk embarrasing yourself, and more importantly, her.
For that first meeting, maybe you should just keep it simple and stick with the handshake. It always works. Both in the movies and in real life.

sux2bu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This may have worked during the Victorian period or during the Roaring 20's, but I doubt you would receive much positive feedback on this one. Even when executed properly, the is a VERY high risk manuever. Why not just cop-a-feel on her shoulder briefly, or just playfully tap her upper arm with your hand?? Less risk involved, and not as boring as the handshake.

You guys do whatever you want!

Ever see the award presenters on TV during an award show?? They sometimes kiss both cheeks on the winner once they come up from the audience. Did this originate in England?? Weirdos.

Spike_the_cowboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Will I open doors? Yea.

Will I let a wench go first? Perhaps.

Will I place my fresh clean lips upon the filthy hand of a woman whom I do not know, nor do I know where she hath been?... I feel a great big nay comming on!:p

This seems like it might be a bit too strong for the 21 century. Best to play it cool and keep it simple. But, if I ever go to another medieval fair I'll be sure and give it a try.

Besides, what if she just finished giving some other kind sir a gauntlet job or a good sword polishing!?:eek:

:cool:

oElS

Don Juan
Reaction score
I could really see this working if you backed it up laughing and saying 'i just had to try that'

Move

Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess there is a lot to consider about the hand kiss. Yes, she may have had her hand in unsavoury places... Yes, you may get an undesirable result, but the couple of times i tried it, the girls giggled and thought it was funny and cute. Maybe i could suggest trialling it on someone you know first?
Just keep in mind, it should be done in a 'cheeky' manner. I always made sure i had a devious smile on my face when I did it. It shows that you are fun and like to have a joke around.

WaterTiger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Yotsuya-san
To some, it will, no doubt come off as original (at least in the sense that it's something you certainly won't see everyday). But others (most likely a majority if you're in the States) will just get the impression that you're just another sleazy character trying to act like you have class or style.

For that first meeting, maybe you should just keep it simple and stick with the handshake. It always works. Both in the movies and in real life.
Unless he's a french guy...from France, I pretty much think he's an AFC trying to play like a DJ. Nothing replaces a handshake. If you want to let her know you find her interesting, hold the handshake a few seconds longer...like you don't want to let go and give her lots of EC.;)

Yotsuya-san

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by WaterTiger
Unless he's a french guy...from France, I pretty much think he's an AFC trying to play like a DJ. Nothing replaces a handshake. If you want to let her know you find her interesting, hold the handshake a few seconds longer...like you don't want to let go and give her lots of EC.;)
Or also Italian guy...from Italy. If I'm not mistaken, it seems to have been popular there too. Speaking of France, last year, you might recall news about how the French President Jaques Chiraq got called out by the press for kissing Laura Bush's hand on greeting. They had met before but Chiraq had recently publicly dissed her husband over how he was handling the War. Regardless of my own political views, under those circumstances, French or not, it just wasn't too appropriate. if I was Chiraq, I would've just gone with the handshake, definitely.

napoleon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This would be even funnier:
After you kissed her start spitting like you got something in your mouth from her hand or give her a big WET kiss.

flava

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i can see it now...
girl wipes ass after a mean sunday dump and didnt even bother to wash her hands!(filthy ho!!) she comes out of bathroom and lo and behold come in Move " hi my name is move whats yours?" while extending hand, she hand hers back and says "im so and so" then move goes in for the kiss on hand and starts sucking fingers like kfc chicken.....
hmmm bad idea

The Main Event

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by oElS
I could really see this working if you backed it up laughing and saying 'i just had to try that'
Agreed.

I've pulled this one off while MUI (macking under the influence). The girl was intoxicated, too, and it fit the circumstances nicely.

Sober, though, you'd definitely want to spin it as a joke.

I am
The Main Event.

jdr120

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've tried this numerous times with women of all ages (well 20-40).. And more often than not it was not sucessfull...

What I find works is when you're introduced don't give a normal guy handshake... hold the ladies hand above yours (same position as if you were going to kiss it), but when you hold it look right into her eyes for and say Hello, I'm _____ in a Deep slow voice...

I find that when a girl is being introduced to a few ppl at once, most just give a quick shake and barely make eye contact.. so by holding eye contact for a few seconds, and the firm shake, you will have a bigger affect on her..

AMF

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
And again, it all comes down to this idea of CONGRUITY.

If you kiss the hand of a girl you meet, you had better have a generally charming persona to match.

Columbia

Don Juan
Reaction score
I usually dont like to over-analyze any one action, but the introductory handshake is too important to be making it up as you go along.

You should listen to me, cos I'm Irish, we all know the Irish are swank and have class ;) .

Here's what I do:

1) I look into the girls eyes (and give a little smile - no teeth).
2) I introduce myself (i.e. I tell her my first name, never intro yourself using first and last name, its too formal and dorky).
3) I hold out my hand with the palm facing a little upwards. This is so when we shake (although we dont actually shake, I'll get to that in a minute) her palm faces down. It's again less formal and business-like, and it makes her feel like a lady (as opposed to a normal guy-guy handshake).
4) She intro herself (hopefully) and then grabs my hand (palm down, as explained)
5) I smile a little more (still no teeth tho) and we just hold hands for a second
6) Finally I give her a full smile (flashing those pearly whites) and squeeze her hand very slightly, before letting go.
7) Hold eye contact a second longer and look away.

HuangBei

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm gonna go with AMF, you better be at the top of your game in charm. I wouldn't suggest doing this after a loooong day, when you're tired and your spirit is worn out (that happened today). Also, if you do, I would try keeping your eyes on hers when kissing her hand, and not leaning down that much.

The Japanese practice this when bowing to each other, they keep their eyes on one another. This is not because they are afraid of being sneak attacked, like so many foolish Westerners assume, but because if they close their eyes and bow their heads it is a sign of complete servitude, and that was only for emperor. So, don't close your eyes, don't bow your head, and most of all, keep your eyes on her. Finally, if at all, I would suggest rarely doing this unless you've got a perfected system to use on the field.

TyTe`EyEs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I generally just go with the shake, but as we are releasing hands, I kind of squeeze her fingertips for about 2 seconds.