"Amway"

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Amway Website (South Africa)

What do you know about them?

Would you consider it a wise choice to join their business?

I have heard from several people that Amway is a load of sh!t, and I might join them soon... They claim that if a person works hard for them that he will become rich from it..... blah blah blah...

Discuss...

She makes you weak in the knees.

But she won't give you the time of day.

Here is how to get her.

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Woah.... So what about all the ppl that have actually become successfull out of this business? I went to several talks etc and people that have actually become RICH from this business speak to us and tell us how they got there etc.... So who/what to believe?:confused:

erffffffff! ... Comments?

Laterz...

Interpol

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ~ªêQµïTª$~
Woah.... So what about all the ppl that have actually become successfull out of this business? I went to several talks etc and people that have actually become RICH from this business speak to us and tell us how they got there etc.... So who/what to believe?:confused:
Straight from the article Jvesti posted:

Fewer than 1% of all MLM distributors ever earn a profit and those earning a sustainable living at this business are a much smaller percentage still.
The people who become rich are literally one in a million, and it's usually not due to their hard work or perserverance, it's mostly luck.

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
arg!

This is disturbing...

What if you just do what u NEED to do in order to get there?

Eg: Get a lot of ppl to join, sell a lot of products, etc? how can you go wrong?:confused:

...?!?!?

Laterz...

Jvesti

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

erffffffff! ... Comments?

Laterz...
Can a person become successful from amway? Of course, but they are at the top of the pyramid.

I believe anything is possible. But if ur at the bottom of a pyramid. Chances are unless you have Jim Jones-like charisma you'll be losing money in "the business". AND IF you had that kind of skills your effort will be in vain since your competing in a market where there's thousands of IBO's trying to recruit a thousand members so they can make that dream money.

Why should you dig for gold in the woods behind your house, when there's mines to dig out of around this world?

Also keep in mind that people will put off an air of wealth, a lot of amway/quixtar people will buy jewelry and nice cars they can't afford, to make their downlines want to work for that. When the reality is they are barely getting by.

amway/quixtar will speak about bill britt and dexter yager for their examples of these wealthy people. Or the kid in college who drove the lexus. But the fact remains, look at their paychecks. Also realize that they are paying for the tapes, rallys, traveling etc.

http://www.merchantsofdeception.com/

that's a look into amway from an emerald.

Jvesti

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
www.mlmsurvivor.org
www.mlmwatch.org

Money doesn't personally do it for me its a nice perk. The game is what interests me as an entrepreneur. But if money is your thing, learn to become an investor stocks/real estate, learn to be a businessman (franchise owner even), become a high end salesman.

MLM's feed off hope and greed for easy money. Like relgious cults feed off need to feel belonged and loved. But if you look at the facts, you'll see that MLM's have no easy money. TO think that 10 hours a week "like they say" is the key to riches in "their system" you just know that's a blatant lie right there. When 98% of the people aren't even making money at all.

Go show "THE PLAN" to a venture capitalist to invest in your amway biz. A person which sole job is to critically think in business investing situations to make money. Think about it that way.

Also if you go to yahoo groups, search "MLM Survivor" or "MLM" you'll find mlm survivor groups

h2o

Banned
Reaction score
Re: arg!

This is disturbing...

What if you just do what u NEED to do in order to get there?

Eg: Get a lot of ppl to join, sell a lot of products, etc? how can you go wrong?:confused:

...?!?!?

Laterz...
hey bro, DO NOT FALL FOR THIS SCAM. i can't believe Amway is still around. no wonder they started business in South Africa...because the USA sued them and ran them out of business here. they are an illegal business, trust me. some actually have accused it of being like a cult.

back in the late 80s, in the usa, Amway scammed thousands of people, including my parents, who paid like $200 for their package. i could tell you about my parents' story, but that would take too long...instead, here is some info i found for you online:

this is by far the best explanation: http://www.stardestroyer.net/Mike/RantMode/Amway.shtml

here are some others...

http://searchwarp.com/swa6493.htm
http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Amway/AUS/tools.htm
http://skepdic.com/amway.html
http://www.amquix.info/znetix.html

i simply google the words "amway" and "scam."

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
... BUT! ...

yikes... I'm starting to think that I might have made a mistake.... I was told that how Amway USE to be about 10 years ago, and how it is NOW is totally different...

I have a friend that has been in the business for about 2 months now, and he is making R1900 a month, excluding bonuses. So how do u explain that? He has gotten 4 ppl to join, and sold a few products. I joined because of him actually. But look, all those websites are telling us that Amway is a scam, yet here is my friend that is only 18, been in the business for 2 months, and is already making R1900 ($300 - $350) a month for the rest of his life. So how am i supposed to believe that Amway is a scam, if my FRIEND is living proof that it actually works?:rolleyes: I dont know... I guess I'm just going to go with the flow and see where things go.

Comments/opinions welcome.

Laterz...

Jvesti

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you seen a check of his to prove he's making that much?

Also how much is he paying for expenses, tapes, seminars, travel expenses etc, and of this $350 how much of it is from self sales? I wouldn't ask these questions until you see an actual check.

If he makes an excuse about the check like "its his private business" you'll know he's full of it.

And that's not set for the rest of his life. The moment he stops or his downlines stop he'll stop makin money.

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ok... I'm not going to jump to any conclusions, but I guess I'll just let time tell and see where that takes me.

thanks for allt he replies... I'll let u know how it goes.

Laterz...

Aztec

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A friend of mine was involved with Quixtar. I don't think it is illegal, because if it is they wouldn't be holding meetings, seminars or posting websites very publicly.

There are so many things that you will lose besides money -- friends, family etc. You'll probably need a room just for the stuff you don't need but have to buy out of pocket just to get your $1 salary.

The couple who recruited my friend said that they quitted their 6-figure jobs (per person) to do full-time work for Quixtar.

Here's a story: A guy approached me about a month ago when I was perusing at the business section at B&N. He started his canned speech about if I'm truly serious about making money. I new right away what was up. But I pretended not to. He reluctantly gave me his business card. I was right. The next day, I was driving by B&N again and saw his ass at the business section preying. hahaha!

Back to B&N a week later (I've gotten a couple of digits in that store, so I have my own M.O., okay?). I was wearing my army PT shirt and this guy startled (I thought it was the security -- I'm not stealing anything promise) and started talking about his army stint. To make a long story short, he ended up telling me that he quit his job to do this "business" and he's willing to share it with me if I want to.

To be quite honest, I feel bad for these people because their higher echelons fed them false hope of quick wealth.

My suggestion to you, ~ªêQµïTª$~, is to channel your energy and money to a different and more fruitful investment.

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanx...

Thanx for that Aztec, I am going to be sure to watch out for any signs that this truly IS a scam... I'm not going to rush into anything.... Thanx again;)

Laterz...

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
my parents buy amway products sometimes....like detergent and **** like that....i dont know about them though.

sifer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This is very much like 4Daily.com and other biggest MLM craze, you can make money but you can also lose money.

It isn't the best thing to put on while you file your tax. ;)

I'm Joe Dirt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A good website to check is www.RipOffReport.com

All MLM sales things are scams. Primerica included. Don't be deluded into thinking they're legit just because they have the CITI conglomerate involved with them.

There just isn't any very easy money out there.

Page

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to fvck around with quixtar back in high school (I started early in business-related things) but gave it up when none of my deals went anywhere.

There's simply not enough demand for that much household products for these guys at the top to make as much as they claim to do (think about the sheer volumes you have to move on a regular basis in order to generate signifigant cashflow) , they must be doing something the new guys aren't told about. I eventually figured it out: The guys at the top don't make money by selling cleaners and other products like the guys on the bottom do. Quixtar has an almost cult-like quality to it, with motivational tapes and everything like that. The best way to make money with quixtar is to sell the motivational materials to other quixtar people beneath you. The market is guaranteed--- new quixtar reps are conditioned to snatch those things up like candy or crack rock. :crackup: I'd bet money that that's how the guys at the top do it.

I've used the products that quixtar/amway sells, and they're not the best. Usually, they're overpriced signifigantly (the consumer pays for the quixtar rep's bonuses and all other kickbacks, so quixtar can't afford to give lower prices and still maintain the infrastructure) so its not a good deal at all.

Aztec

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Page
I used to fvck around with quixtar back in high school (I started early in business-related things) but gave it up when none of my deals went anywhere.

There's simply not enough demand for that much household products for these guys at the top to make as much as they claim to do (think about the sheer volumes you have to move on a regular basis in order to generate signifigant cashflow) , they must be doing something the new guys aren't told about. I eventually figured it out: The guys at the top don't make money by selling cleaners and other products like the guys on the bottom do. Quixtar has an almost cult-like quality to it, with motivational tapes and everything like that. The best way to make money with quixtar is to sell the motivational materials to other quixtar people beneath you. The market is guaranteed--- new quixtar reps are conditioned to snatch those things up like candy or crack rock. :crackup: I'd bet money that that's how the guys at the top do it.

I've used the products that quixtar/amway sells, and they're not the best. Usually, they're overpriced signifigantly (the consumer pays for the quixtar rep's bonuses and all other kickbacks, so quixtar can't afford to give lower prices and still maintain the infrastructure) so its not a good deal at all.

My friend sold me laundry detergent that is worse than AAFES (military generic) brand. I also got overpriced dog food that made my dog quite "regular". :D

I forgot to mention the tapes like Page wrote. He had me listened to "motivational" tapes. Every week the upline "suggests" for him to buy new tapes.

Jvesti

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The people making money the 0.5% - 2% are making most of their income off tape and tools commission. Which is a big secret of the amway/quixtar system.

They pressure their downlines and it goes back to every person.