Am I starving myself?

nmartinez12443

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I really enjoy this site in general and I posted before, but I have started a new plan and diet.

180, about 14-15 % body fat, want to get to 9-10% by June.

Meal 1- Whey with water, oatmeal, tuna, 10 blackberries, 2 Krealkalyn, 1 multi, 2 fish oil
Meal 2- 4 eggs whites, protein bar
Meal 3- Lean Cuisuine Meal, Whey with Water, Apple
Meal 4- HUGE salad, two chicken breasts
Preworkout- 3 scoops jacked, 2 Krealkalyn
Post Work- Whey with Water
Meal 5- 2 Chicken breasts, 10 blackberries, and baby spinach, A1 sauce
Meal 6- Can tuna, Whey with Water. 2 fish oil

Cal 2,300 Fat: 59 g Carbs: 144 (approximately)

I work out 3 days, 1 off and repeat 2 hours in gym. Abs at home 8 minute abs on youtube

1-Chest/Shoulder-Compound excercises few machines 30 minutes cardio after walking 3.4 mph on incline

2-Legs/Tris- Squat/Deadlift/etc SOMETIMES I do cardio depends how I feel same as above.

3-Back/Bis-cardio after

4-Off

5- Repeat

I cut out milk to help with carb reduction, but I wonder if I am eating enough?

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, you're fine. It is a cutting diet after all.

The best thing you can do is ease into something like this. Don't start at 2300 calories if you're used to eating 3000 calories per day.

Start at 3000 calories and cut every week a little bit until you get down to 2300. Cut like 100 to 150 calories a week. Gradual is better.

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Diet looks well planned. You're probably starving all the time because you're not used to such low carbs, especially at your activity level.

I'd advise you to add some BCAAs and perhaps some glutamine to help w/ muscle recovery during your cutting cycle.

Jacked is a good pre-WO supplement. I'd strongly advise you however, to add in some waxy maize (maybe 40 g) post WO. Its a great product for really "filling" your muscles.

I'm assuming you're natural. Unfortunately, its tougher to hold onto hard-earned muscle mass on a lower calorie diet that's carb restricted, especially if you're doing cardio. The combination of BCAAs, glutamine, and waxy maize will help to hang onto your muscle mass during this cutting phase.

Pimp-sicle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How did everyone miss that absolute ABSENCE of carbs in his post workout meal?????

Yes his goal is fat loss, BUT still needs carbs there no matter what, it doesn't have to be a lot, but should be enough.

OP, your macros look good, but I would make your biggest carb meal your post workout meal and have an ample amount of carbs for breakfast. Then the rest of the meals, keep carbs on the lower side.

PIMP

powpow

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
bro I cant imagine that 3 scoops of jack3d on a regular basis is gonna be good for you. Im not gonna look for the link, but overstimulation of the adrenals through major caffeine consumption pretty much shocks your system, triggers a hormone response, and messes up your test levels.

crazy looking cutting diet. best of luck

nmartinez12443

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the replys

I agree, with the low carbs after the workout, so I might add an oatmeal after my workout, along with the spinach/blackberries/chicken breast which have SOME carbs. I also think the 3 scoops of jacked is fine, I don't consume any other caffine daily and I don't think I will overdose on it.

Speaking of jacked, good but not strong enough for me, moving on to NO Shotgun.

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
nmartinez12443 said:
I agree, with the low carbs after the workout, so I might add an oatmeal after my workout, along with the spinach/blackberries/chicken breast which have SOME carbs. I also think the 3 scoops of jacked is fine, I don't consume any other caffine daily and I don't think I will overdose on it.

I'd suggest a quick low GI carbohydrate source post-WO. Something like juice, or even pop. Combine that with a waxy maize pre-WO and you're well set for peri-WO carbohydrate support.

If you want a good pre-WO work up, try SuperPump or NO explode mixed w/ 2 g of beta-alanine and the above stated waxy maize. I find I get great pumps from it and my strength is good as well.

This is a pretty interesting article on waxy maize:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/waxy_maize_starch_myth.htm

powpow

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
nmartinez12443 said:

uhhhhh bro if 3 scoops of jack3d isnt strong enough for you then youve probably completely toasted your caffeine receptors. they diminish a little bit every time caffeine binds to them and eventually the cell grows nonreceptive to caffeine. dont worry, they come back, you just gotta wait a while.

~Vortex~

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't you think you are eating a bit too much being on a cutting diet?

I have days when I eat only a 1000 calories (to lose my gut I got in the hospital :))

Just be careful when you begin to get dizzy or very drowsy or your sexual drive decreases. You then enter the stage of over-training or starvation and that's not where you want to be.

Pimp-sicle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
~Vortex~ said:
Don't you think you are eating a bit too much being on a cutting diet?

I have days when I eat only a 1000 calories (to lose my gut I got in the hospital :))

Just be careful when you begin to get dizzy or very drowsy or your sexual drive decreases. You then enter the stage of over-training or starvation and that's not where you want to be.

Please don't post unless you know what your talking about. Telling someone to eat 1,000 calories a day is horrible advice period.

PIMP

~Vortex~

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey, I did not say that HE should eat 1000 calories a day, I was just giving an example of a low calorie diet.

To be clear: I do not recommend eating a 1000 calories a day.

2300 calories on a cutting diet just seems an awful lot...

Some people like to eat normal and do much long and intense Cardio.

Others like to keep cardio low and eat much less than they normally would.

It's just that I know from experience that the first approach doesn't always work. I don't see anyone starving himself with 2300 calories, unless he's HUGE.

nmartinez12443

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
fair enough

First off 1000 is way too low anyone can agree on that and also consider that I work out 3 days on and 1 day off, with 1 hour weights and 35 minutes cardio (walking at 3.5 at 11 incline). I am pretty sure I am at a sweet spot.

As for the person recommending no xplode thanks, allstarhealth (dot) com and prosource (dot) net have them DIRT CHEAP. The reason I used 3 jack3d scoops (which is great), is I like to workout out with huge focus/energy, but I am moving on to NO shotgun. Thanks for the advice veterans.

Pimp-sicle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
~Vortex~ said:
Hey, I did not say that HE should eat 1000 calories a day, I was just giving an example of a low calorie diet.

To be clear: I do not recommend eating a 1000 calories a day.

2300 calories on a cutting diet just seems an awful lot...

Some people like to eat normal and do much long and intense Cardio.

Others like to keep cardio low and eat much less than they normally would.

It's just that I know from experience that the first approach doesn't always work. I don't see anyone starving himself with 2300 calories, unless he's HUGE.

Fair enough, you might not have said for him to eat 1000 a day, but you were implying that by saying "I have some day where I only eat 1000 calories a day." --- which by the way is complete yo yo dieting and will NEVER help you get to your goal.

Secondly, you say 2300 calories seems like an awful lot which further proves my point that you have no clue about fat loss and nutrition. No two people are created the same, 2300 for an endomorph that tends to gain weight by looking at food might be too much, 2300 for a leaner person who has stubborn belly fat might be the minimum. All depends on age, genetics, activity level etc as you slightly alluded too.

Thirdly your also operating under the false premise that all calories are created equal if CALORIES are the number you watch. I don't really pay attention to calories, I pay attention to my macros and the SOURCE for body composition goals.

I'm not trying to be harsh on you, but its pretty obvious that you only have a very basic understanding of nutrition at best and would hate for the OP or anyone to follow that advice.

But that's for clearing up your post, makes more sense now, although i still don't agree with the advice.

PIMP

~Vortex~

Don Juan
Reaction score
Pimp-sicle said:
Fair enough, you might not have said for him to eat 1000 a day, but you were implying that by saying "I have some day where I only eat 1000 calories a day." --- which by the way is complete yo yo dieting and will NEVER help you get to your goal.

Secondly, you say 2300 calories seems like an awful lot which further proves my point that you have no clue about fat loss and nutrition. No two people are created the same, 2300 for an endomorph that tends to gain weight by looking at food might be too much, 2300 for a leaner person who has stubborn belly fat might be the minimum. All depends on age, genetics, activity level etc as you slightly alluded too.

Thirdly your also operating under the false premise that all calories are created equal if CALORIES are the number you watch. I don't really pay attention to calories, I pay attention to my macros and the SOURCE for body composition goals.

I'm not trying to be harsh on you, but its pretty obvious that you only have a very basic understanding of nutrition at best and would hate for the OP or anyone to follow that advice.

But that's for clearing up your post, makes more sense now, although i still don't agree with the advice.

PIMP
I'm losing 3 KGs a month with this diet; in the past I tried many other methods, but they did not work. It's true your advice is much better for nmartinez12443, but I'm just saying what works for me. I know enough about nutrition and dieting for my own body.

Anyway, the other advice in this threat is solid and I have nothing to add.

(I don't recommend this to anyone. But my diet looks like this: 4 weeks 1000 to 1500 calories, then 2 weeks 3000-3500 with a lot of weightlifting(lots of major compound movements), then, again, 4 weeks of 1000 to 1500. That's what works for me, and it certainly is no yo yo diet)

Last edited: