Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Am I homophobic?

Tazman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In my attempts to overcome my shyness to get chicks, I've also been talking to guys I don't know. However, it seems that either I'm giving off the wrong vibe, or gay guys are attracted to me. For instance, I see some guys regularly at the gym I go to and I speak to some of them, you know, just a friendly "hey wassup" kinda thing.

One time this one guy I'd been saying wassup to put his arms around me from behind and I turned around shocked to find out who it was (I was shocked anyway because some guys arms were wrapped around me). After that incident the guy started acting weird around me because I guess he was embarrassed after realizing I'm not gay.

This and many other situations have made me a bit paranoid about speaking to guys who don't seem "macho" in some kind of way. Just the other day a guy introduced himself and shook my hand, and I did the same. At first I didn't think anything of it because I'd seen the guy socializing with others and just thought he was a regular guy. Then on a Friday afternoon he told me that he and a male buddy of his were going to go to this restaurant across from the gym for drinks and he invited me. Needless to say I didn't go, but now I think I've become paranoid about gay guys.

I mean I see them everywhere now it seems. I don't act feminine in any way so I know that isn't it. I do however look a bit young for my age and I have very little facial hair, which I shave off. I don't know, maybe it's because it's becoming more acceptable in society to be gay that more of them are less afraid to come out?

BrotherAP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd be watching my back too if there were guys coming up behind me and putting their arms around me. On that note, just because a dude invites you to drinks doesn't mean he's gay - unless you really give off a gay vibe. Do you wear pink and talk with a lisp? :crackup:

Tazman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you wear pink and talk with a lisp?
LOL, not at all. It's just weird, because a couple of my close friends have had situations where they were "tested" in a sense by gay dudes. One friend was working with a guy who he described as "normal," then one morning the guy said "you know what I'm gonna make a rule, every morning before we leave the shop to go work you gotta suck my dvck." My friend said the guy said it like a joke but as you can see it wasn't really funny. He requested a change in working partners after that.

Another friend was invited to hang out at this guys house that he also worked with. He said he normally wouldn't do that, but figured wth, he'd just go have a few drinks and chill. Next thing he knows some guy comes walking out of a room naked where they were sitting around drinking, then walks back into the room he came out of. My friend told the guy immediately that he had to go and was a bit shaken afterwards.

white cloud 8

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You have a tongue, use it (not in the literal sense :p) but, speak up if they are making you feel uncomfortable. I guess you are a friendly-type of guy but, this may (or may not) rub off the same way with the people you meet or are meeting (males in general). Overall, I wouldn't worry about that much, you're straight (I assume) and just make it clear.

PeterCrouch

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Im not a big fan of gays either! Dont do it infront of me you weirdos!

But

Nothing wrong with wearing Pink!

Triple X

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by skyjcky
Hahaha.. who really likes gays other than gays?
LOL... so true.

I like gay women tho :D

Black_Italian

Banned
Reaction score
I dont see what the big deal is alot of gay guys are cool. Any gay guy i know i tell him from the start "ill be ur friend but i wont suck your ****". Thats always worked for me i got 2 gay friends there aight.

flashback

Reaction score
seriously, whats the big deal ? just tell them you're not gay but you think they're cool or whatever and keep it moving. The more straight forward you are about it the less of a big deal it is and the more they will respect you for it.

Gay guys, like hot women, can be valuable pivots either in hooking you up with other hot women or giving you style tips, etc. And women find it attractive when men are comfortable enough in their own sexuality that they can hang out with gay guys.

Skel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have no problem with gay guys and even have a few gay friends.

whistler

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Skel
I have no problem with gay guys and even have a few gay friends.
Ditto.

If you're confident in your own heterosexuality, I don't see what the big deal is.

But I do call into question the intelligence of anyone who attacks a target group simply because no one will defend the group. If you're going to bash anyone based on shaky reasoning, do it to their face. This site is for growing men, not whiners looking for a safe outlet.

Spartan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Needless to say I didn't go, but now I think I've become paranoid about gay guys.
Don't worry about it mate. Seriously. Continue to be polite and just take it as a compliment. Most of the real freaks in this world run around in Star Trek and Star Wars gear anyway - those are the people to fear. Absolute nutters. j/k :D

Skel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In fact just because someone is gay does not mean he wants to f8ck you. Just because hes "macho" does not mean hes straight.
Just because someone asked you out for drinks does not mean he wants anything other than company at the bar.

Yes you are homophobic by the way.

Fatality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by PeterCrouch
Im not a big fan of gays either! Dont do it infront of me you weirdos!

But

Nothing wrong with wearing Pink!
if you're going to wear pink don't cry when the gay guys hit on you

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
i dont have any gay friends but i wouldnt care if one of my friends was gay as long as he didnt talk with a faggy voice and have one of those lisps and acted like a queen. those homo traits just annoy me.

aftershock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm...mention the fact that you're into women somewhere when talking to them. Even something casual like "fvcking hell, wouldn't mind a piece of some of the girls here!" or whatver.

Gays are actually good for society - less competition - I'm suprised that not many men see this. With half of men gay and the other half AFC, picking up women is easy!

h2o

Banned
Reaction score
are you homophobic?
-probably

is there anything wrong with being homophobic?
-not really

sure, gay guys are cool, as long as you don't run into them.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
how should we know if you are homophobic or not?

only you can answer that

does our opinion on homophobics matter?

only to us haha

perhaps someone has way too much time on his hands..?

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Now you know how women feel when ugly guys hit on them ;)

Tell them you've alrewady got a boyfriend! :D