Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Am I a loser if I don't go to prom?

bud_2005

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I somewhat want to go to prom but I think I may not be able to find a date. I'ts getting a little late in the asking game. Anyways on Friday I asked a hot girl to prom and she said yes. This really increased my confidence and put me in a really good mood throughout the whole weekend. Then tonight the ***** calls me and she says she's changed her mind and doesn't want to go with me. I feel terrible and I don't even feel like going to prom anymore. I know there are some girls that don't have dates but they are a little below my standards. I'm a senior and this would be my last year but I don't know what to do.

Sammo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You don't want to go to prom? Man, this prom only happens once. Live it up! Go by yourself, do something stupid. Have a ****ing ball! Make it the best night of your life. Talk to everyone. Laugh more, talk more, just have the best time of your life!!!

bud_2005

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh I plan on going to the parties afterward. What would you do in my situation though. Go with a boring goody goody girl or not go at all. I've never heard of anybody going to prom by themselves.

flying10

Don Juan
Reaction score
dude, bring one of the "goody goody girls" and then get her talking with some of her friends. Then just ditch and have a kick@ss time with your buddies.

Kidd

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sammo
You don't want to go to prom? Man, this prom only happens once. Live it up! Go by yourself, do something stupid. Have a ****ing ball! Make it the best night of your life. Talk to everyone. Laugh more, talk more, just have the best time of your life!!!

TyTe`EyEs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had no interest in going to prom. Went to the after parties though.

Mr. Debonaire

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Either that or go stag, thats funny

or do something that funny/lame, like bring your mom. lol

if i hadn't had like 8 girls ask me i would have done this. :cool: ;)

McKindley

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Not going to prom is kind of gay. There are plenty of girls at the school who still want dates but don't have them. And there are plenty of younger girls at school who would love to go, but aren't seniors, or juniors, or whatever the rule is where you are.

If a girl hasn't been asked and its late in the game then chances are you won't be shot down.

If you want to do something funny you could always take a stripper.

I got shot down by a hot girl my senior year but I still went with someone else.

eggnawgkid

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with McKindley. You should go with Junior or Sophomore. There's plenty of hot ones at my school at least.

TyTe`EyEs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by McKindley
Not going to prom is kind of gay.

Sh!t, I thought GOING to prom was kind of gay. I've never really liked school functions though.

idiot_boyfriend

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
bud_2005,

Just go to prom anyway.

I'm sure you can find many girls to dance with. If not, just dance with your friends.

Here's a good dancing tip: Don't be afraid of looking stupid. That's the best one I can give.

Have fun!

AverageFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
theres no way a sophomore or freshman will turn you down dude.

Sexual

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Very true, find a sophmoore that looks like she'll shine for you when you walk into prom. You don't even need to hang out with her. Just go around and socialize.

Personally, my prom was boring as shyt with hot dates. The best thing you can do is get enough liquor in you that isn't noticable, makes you feel like the life of the party. Watch your breath.

Fenderules

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I went to my grad alone.........and im freaking glad i did! Plus i was part of the entertainment (played a tune) anyway i could wonder around do wutever i want and flirt with girlz i had not seen in years from other schools and **** like that. Got drunk, hung out with my buddies it was fun. And a lotta guys with dates were too busy trying to make them happy they were not having a good time, and there i was, drinking, yelling and shouting and doing wutever i want, and i noticed one thing.......lots a girls were given me looks and apparently a heard from their chick friends that they were dying to dance with me...... i knew a couple did but really did not care then. I could dance with a hot girl later.... this was my grad and i wanted to have fun!

i dunno how your proms were, but the dances are gay. usually they have a couple dances and then everybody takes off to go party.

CyranoDeBergerac

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Perhaps you're overlooking the real question here.

Okay guys, I have a confession to make. I never went to either of my high school proms (junior or senior). Yes, I know it's horrifying for most of you high schoolers to even consider, but you know what? It has never interfered with getting laid, my manhood card has not been revoked, and frankly the only time I think about it is when I hear some high school kid (usually a chick) obsessing over it like it's the crowning moment of their lives and everything ever afterwards is just sh!t rolling downhill.

There is a major DJ factor about not settling here that isn't being properly adressed. If you like to dance and genuinely want to go, just go. If you aren't sure, but there's a girl you would like to go with and she says 'no', don't take some chick you haven't the slightest interest in just so you can stand around for two hours and hang out with your peers. You can do that outside any 7/11, and at least with 7/11 you could get some booze out of it.

I know going to the prom is de rigeur in High School, but think about why. For most guys the only reason they are excited about it is because it's the best shot they have of getting laid in high school. Let me tell you. ANYONE can get laid in High School. Prom only takes on special significance because girls naturally romanticize any event where they can get gussied up as a romantic time to lose their virginity, if they feel like it. No DJ ever has to rely on such idiotic trappings, nor does he need the approval and companionship of the group to be cool, so going to the prom just because you feel like you should is a waste of time and money. Do what you want, not what you feel compelled to. Lemmings are lame.

-CyranoDeBergerac

CamaroMike

Don Juan
Reaction score
In response to your question,

Prom is retarded. I'm not going. Most people at my high school are stupid, fake, annoying, and below me. I go to clubs in D.C., have Dj'ed for huge events, get women... women, not girls. I drive the best car at my school that I bought myself (huge mod list... that's whats also impressive). Some people hate me for that, but they don't have the balls to say it to my face. My best friends are in college. I'm done with high school. Forget prom, its stupid. While those dumb-dumbs are at prom trying to score with the cheerleaders, i'll be scoring with a hottie they can't touch.

Disconnect

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have to agree that prom is a retarded pile of stale horseshìt.

At our school, however, we have the prom (grad), and then a (chem-free) aftergrad. There's gonna be breathcheck, so I can't get drunk. Besides, the hellhole where I live has a minimum drinking age of 19, instead of 18 like everywhere else, so there is no way I ll get drunk/high before I go.

Also, isn't getting laid at prom an old lame cliche? What's up with that, anyways? I thought it died with birth of american pie series...

I see people (mainly chicks) preparing for prom (grad) as far as 6 months prior to the actual event! What's up with that? Don't know about Americans/Canadians and their traditions and values, but where I come from, there is no such thing as Prom. So I don't see it as anything special. Life will go on from that point on, and I am glad it will. It will only get better. At least in Uni no one judges you by what you wear.

Personally, I happened not to fit in during the first two years of high school (living in a poor country before coming to a good place like Canada tends to make you hostile), and now, even though I am improving, my rep is irrepairable. But I will go. It might be the best night of my life. It might be the lamest. Who knows? :D

Lol, I remember going to the Winter formal banquet. It was like walking into another world, the world of the jocks, and the preps, and where everyone knew each other but me. I wasn't desperate to meet everyone, though I tried, but it was as if they were inclined on NOT giving me a chance. As I said, it was another caste, the one to which I did not belong.

That kind of an experience tends to bring you down, but I would have regretted not going (not that it was fun. The non-formal dance with a DJ after was good). You know, going and suffering through it is way better than sitting at home on a prom night. Trust me.

EDIT: Mike, how did you do it? What did you do to meet people? To earn money? What kind of a job did you have? You must have been motivates as fvck! :D GJ m8!

AverageFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
don't take some chick you haven't the slightest interest in just so you can stand around for two hours and hang out with your peers
Thats what I did $hit it was still a good time.

Also, isn't getting laid at prom an old lame cliche?
yes.

I see people (mainly chicks) preparing for prom (grad) as far as 6 months prior to the actual event! What's up with that?
It's a big deal for girls when they get to go spend money on a dress and a corsage for the guy, while the guy spends money on transportation, the prom tickets, the food(if you eat before or after), etc etc. You forget women like money being spent on their shallow asses. That and women like competing against each other. Which b|tch has the best dress?

Disconnect

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just posted a relevant essay on high school life. A good read, though a bit long.