Am I a DJ with a heart of gold?

apprenticedj

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So I ran into an old aquaintance last weekend at a funeral and we were catching up outside after the service. We were just basically catching up on life in general and I asked her how her boyfriend was doing. Quick back story: She was with another guy for a few years but her “best friend” was this sad, textbook AFC orbiter. He would take her out of town, buy her things, even expensive diamond earrings for her birthday. He professed his love several times only to be LJBF’d every time. She eventually breaks up with her boyfriend and due to what I assume was loneliness she ended up with Orbiter. They’ve been together for a few months now. Back to our conversation!

In response to my questions she says “Ugh, he’s just so freaking nice, it’s killing me!!”. We laugh about it and keep chatting and then she asks if I want to go grab a bite to eat which I say certainly. Now I was always told by others that this girl had it bad for me back in the day and we flirted quite a bit but mostly just having fun. We go get something to eat and we’re sitting outside, she mentions it’s really hot and she’d like to drink a beer. So being the guy that I am I agree and offer to have some beers back at my place to which she excitedly agrees. We get to my place, drink, touch, escalate, start making out, fooling around and stop short of having sex. During this time she says “this is wrong we shouldn’t do this, what about Orbiter?” but she continues going along. I consider this LMR and I was even concerned about Orbiter. My roommate came home and killed the momentum (plus I like total privacy when I’m slamming a chick) so we cool off.

She’s been texting me this week asking to come over this weekend and so far that is the plan but something has happened to me during the week. I’m feeling guilty, remorseful, feeling sorry for Orbiter. I’ve met him before and he’s a total puss but he treats her so good and is genuinely a nice guy. I’m standing at a crossroads between being a dog and slamming this girl which I know many guys would do in a heartbeat and had my roommate not come home I would’ve but after the sexual frenzy cooled down and I’ve had a few days to think about it I still feel bad. I’m asking for opinions fellas.

Do I see some of my old AFC self in Orbiter? Is that stopping me?

Am I simply a man with principles? Thinking with my big head instead of the little head?

What would you do?

pbsurf

Banned
Reaction score
Well it comes down to one thing only - are they dating? Is he truly just an orbiter or are they seeing each other?

If he's just an orbiter, no big deal.

On the other hand, i have a pretty strict view against banging another guys girl. And dont consider that attitude AFC at all.

Principles are rare these days my friend. You keep them.

pbsurf

Banned
Reaction score
PairPlusRoyalFlush said:
2 The Lord sent Nathan to David. When he came to him, he said, “There were two men in a certain town, one rich and the other poor. 2 The rich man had a very large number of sheep and cattle, 3 but the poor man had nothing except one little ewe lamb he had bought. He raised it, and it grew up with him and his children. It shared his food, drank from his cup and even slept in his arms. It was like a daughter to him.

4 “Now a traveler came to the rich man, but the rich man refrained from taking one of his own sheep or cattle to prepare a meal for the traveler who had come to him. Instead, he took the ewe lamb that belonged to the poor man and prepared it for the one who had come to him.”

5 David burned with anger against the man and said to Nathan, “As surely as the Lord lives, the man who did this must die! 6 He must pay for that lamb four times over, because he did such a thing and had no pity.”

7 Then Nathan said to David, “You are the man! This is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says: ‘I anointed you king over Israel, and I delivered you from the hand of Saul. 8 I gave your master’s house to you, and your master’s wives into your arms. I gave you all Israel and Judah. And if all this had been too little, I would have given you even more. 9 Why did you despise the word of the Lord by doing what is evil in his eyes? You struck down Uriah the Hittite with the sword and took his wife to be your own. You killed him with the sword of the Ammonites. 10 Now, therefore, the sword will never depart from your house, because you despised me and took the wife of Uriah the Hittite to be your own.’

11 “This is what the Lord says: ‘Out of your own household I am going to bring calamity on you. Before your very eyes I will take your wives and give them to one who is close to you, and he will sleep with your wives in broad daylight. 12 You did it in secret, but I will do this thing in broad daylight before all Israel.’”

13 Then David said to Nathan, “I have sinned against the Lord.”

Nathan replied, “The Lord has taken away your sin. You are not going to die. 14 But because by doing this you have shown utter contempt for[a] the Lord, the son born to you will die.

da fah?

apprenticedj

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
pbsurf said:
Well it comes down to one thing only - are they dating? Is he truly just an orbiter or are they seeing each other?

On the other hand, i have a pretty strict view against banging another guys girl. And dont consider that attitude AFC at all.

They are in a committed, monogamous, relationship.

ghp

Don Juan
Reaction score
pbsurf said:

Same here.

Zapp Brannigan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't do it. It's always wrong to mess around with someone else's girl, and it's bad karma. You said that she used to really like you in the past. If you do bang her she'll probably become a stage five clinger, and never leave you alone. That might lead to conflict with you and the orbiter, or she'll leave him for you. But would you really want a girl that you know is willing to cheat? If she does it to the orbiter she'll do it to you.

Albatross953

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you gotta ask the question here, you already know the answer. I didn't bang Kim the married nurse last month. I know, the only thing that sucks worse than regretting not doing it....is regretting doing it.