Alpha/Beta in Music

Lexington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My favorite music is rock. I've enjoyed it since I was 10 or so and I play the guitar. There's definitely a lot of good rock music out there. But for about the past 10 or so years, mainstream rock has sucked for the most part. Not only is the muscianship and songwriting quite mediocre, the themes are very Beta in nature. Interestingly, this is the stuff that was popular when I was in high school and college.

Take Linkin Park for example. They are one of the more successful rock bands of the 2000s. Their music is decidedly Beta. It's all about self-doubt, abandonment, loneliness and insecurity in relationships. Nickleback has some "let's bang" songs, but their image seems very contrived and Chad Kroger's persona is very non-Alpha (of course, in real life he may well be Alpha). Even a lot of the heavier bands are shockingly Beta.

Rap and hip/hop on the other hand seem to be a lot more Alpha in their spirit. There are countless rap songs about having money, being tough, fvcking mad b*tches, driving exotic cars and living the good life. Nowadays, the best rappers have way more Bad Boy appeal than contemporary rockers (obviously Mick Jagger etc. are not contemporary!). I'm not a huge hip/hop fan, but I definitely think that rap is more "manly" than rock these days.

What are your thoughts?

Burroughs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Music and film are governed by predatory faggots

'Gay Mafia' Takes Over

Control of Hollywood

by Paul Richert (1995)

If you're wondering why homosexuals have skyrocketed in recent years to join blacks and feminists at the top of liberalism's hallowed list of "minority groups" entitled to special rights and privileges, look no further than Hollywood --- Tinseltown is controlled these days by the "Gay Mafia."

The Gay Mafia is dominated by three individuals --- David Geffen, Barry Diller, and Sandy Gallin. Geffen is a billionaire mogul who has recently joined forces with Steven Spielberg and Jeffrey Katzenberg to start "Dreamworks," a new studio which may well come to surpass all the other studios, given the resources and clout of its partners.

An expose of the Gay Mafia in the May/June issue of Spy magazine by Mark Ebner states that Geffen "can end a career with a phone call."

Geffen "married" Bob Brassle, a Warner Bros. vice president, at an est outing, in a ceremony replete with wedding bands. But Geffen is known for sleeping with countless male Hollywood executives and actors.

Diller is another superrich Hollywood executive. Ebner calls Diller the "smartest don in the Mob," noting that he has made "gods" out of those loyal to him --- people like Michael Eisner, Katzenberg, Peter Chernin, Sherry Lansing, and Dawn Steel, among many others. Although Diller still refuses to publicly acknowledge his homosexuality, according to Ebner he was known for cruising the dorms at UCLA and holding homosexual parties.

Gallin is a 54-year-old agent, manager and TV producer. According to Ebner, Gallin has had more plastic surgery than Michael Jackson, in an effort to perpetually look like a 30-year-old.

Beyond the three "dons" of the Gay Mafia, there are of course many film executives, agents, and actors --- and the mafia acts in concert to protect each other and their images. Agent Steve Dontanville was sued by a man for sexual harassment, but the mafia has kept the story hushed up. Another agent, Scott Zimmerman, was caught having sex with his male personal trainer in his office at the same time he was divorcing his wife. Zimmerman did not receive so much as a reprimand. The Spy article notes that "straight agents, or any mid-level industry powers for that matter, would have --- and have been --- fired, blasted in the trade press, and sued for such indiscretions."

A very powerful agent was Stan Kamen, employed by the William Morris agency, who died of AIDS a few years ago. His clients included Barbra Streisand, Steven Spielberg, Robert Redford and Goldie Hawn. About his homosexuality, "[T]he straight guys who came off his desk idolized him, and wouldn't mention [his sexuality], or even [kid] around about it. It was just not spoken about --- ever. It's fear, and a reverence built out of fear . . . It's not based on intellect, but based on what will happen to you," according to a former employee of Kamen's.

Jann Wenner, the founder and publisher of Rolling Stone, the far-left, pro-corporate music magazine, recently left his wife for a man. Every single U.S. publication blacked out the story, until it was finally printed by The Mail, a British paper with a circulation of over 2 million.

Geffen made sure the movie "Interview With a Vampire," directed by the homosexual Neil Jordan (who also directed the perverted movie "The Crying Game") had its homoerotic undertones removed. This was also insisted upon by lead actor Tom Cruise, who has been the subject of much speculation about his sexual orientation. Cruise "squirmed around" that subject area when interviewed by Vanity Fair last year.

The Disney studio, once an icon of American wholesomeness when it was run by Walt Disney, has five top executives who are homosexual.

Even the Los Angeles Police Department has decided to leave the super-powerful Geffen alone. The LAPD recently busted David Forest, the head of a male prostitution ring on a par with the one run by Heidi Fleiss. According to Spy, Geffen's name was at the top of Forest's client list. But the LAPD refuses to use Geffen's name as evidence during the trial, a detective being quoted as saying, "We don't wanna touch Geffen."

Ebner also writes about the "Circle of Fire," a group of young, good-looking guys who are flown around the country to the "big orgy parties" held by homosexual power brokers.

Even the existence of the Lavender Mafia is denied by most of the principles involved. The incessant need to not only advance their fellow homosexuals but to zealously protect each other from public scrutiny is because the "need to maintain America's wholesome image of them is something that connects Hollywood gays at all levels --- whether one is a struggling (or a mega-star) actor, writer, agent, or producer," Ebner writes.

Virtually all of the "Gay Mafia" are Jewish. Vicious character attacks are always leveled at anyone who has noted the undeniable fact that Hollywood has been Jewish dominated since its inception --- yet most Americans are aware of that fact. Probably very few are aware yet of the rise within that subculture of a homosexual subculture to dominance.

Many critics of the current System note that even as Americans seem unable to influence the political process with their votes for two essentially similar, bureaucratic political parties, they have absolutely no sway over powerful institutions like the media, who hide behind the smokescreen that they are "objective" and that the ideology and agenda of those who control the most powerful instruments of persuasion ever invented are never to be subjected to close scrutiny. This was written in 1995!!!!!

Homosexual militants demand that their "lifestyle" be treated as equal to the traditional family, yet most still scrupulously hide their identity, preferring to do their subversive undermining of American culture as "closeted" revolutionaries. A Nationalist government will regulate the media, by ending the media dictatorship currently exercised by the radical left, and making sure that what Americans see and hear is commensurate with this country's heritage and values.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Musicians can get away with beta themes in songs and emo posturing on stage because of their status. Of course they can sprinkle in some alpha songs, but too much and they will come across as poseurs. (In Hip Hop there is a little more leeway.)

E.g. the Beatles sang "I'm A Loser" and the Temptations sang "Ain't Too Proud To Beg" and "Just My Imagination." Vulnerability from alpha musicians sells. None of those musicians had trouble getting poozy.

But the Beatles also have one of the all time great alpha songs, "Run For Your Life" (a little nuts, but still). The Stones had "Under My Thumb" among others. GNR's "It's So Easy" is pretty alpha (they were more like hip hop artists when it came to songs about chicks).

Sometimes the alpha songs get a little ridiculous. I absolutely hate the Nate Dogg song "Ain't No Fun (If The Homies Can't Have None)" from Snoop's Doggystyle album. Maybe it's because it's literally by a beta (Nate Dogg being introduced on Snoop's LP), but it's also super try-hard.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
samspade said:
But the Beatles also have one of the all time great alpha songs, "Run For Your Life".
John Lennon later said that he found that song embarassing, and was probably his least favorite song that he had written (it's about a jealous man threatening to beat up his girlfriend, basically). Under Yoko Ono's influence, he later became a huge feminist. "Under My Thumb" is a good example.

The rock and roll culture was a huge part of growing up back in the 60s and 70s. I think it's one reason why I don't get as offended as some of the other posters here about news stories where an older man has sex with a 17 or 18 year old girl. Bands like the Beatles, the Stones, and Led Zeppelin would bang underage groupies just as a matter of course, that was just understood. So when I was growing up it was even considered cool (you might call it an alpha privilege now).

When I think about rock bands who sang about banging a lot of random girls, Kiss and Aerosmith come to mind.

Crazystarf

Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
The rock and roll culture was a huge part of growing up back in the 60s and 70s. I think it's one reason why I don't get as offended as some of the other posters here about news stories where an older man has sex with a 17 or 18 year old girl. Bands like the Beatles, the Stones, and Led Zeppelin would bang underage groupies just as a matter of course, that was just understood. So when I was growing up it was even considered cool (you might call it an alpha privilege now).
Interesting. The way time is progressing now, I wonder if the opposite of this post will become mainstream sometime in the future. Songs about cougars sleeping with younger men while being sugar mommies and stuff.

Lexington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Crazystarf said:
Interesting. The way time is progressing now, I wonder if the opposite of this post will become mainstream sometime in the future. Songs about cougars sleeping with younger men while being sugar mommies and stuff.
Now there's a sad thought.....