Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Allen's Article. Shoulder pointing?

SexPDX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Regarding the "does she like me?" article on the DJC...

Shoulder-pointing? Everyone notices different stuff, but this is a new one on me. Does anyone else think this is an IOI? Not saying it isn't, if it works for Allen good for him, I just never noticed it myself.

On the other hand, a lot of guys hear about things on these boards that COULD be IOI's in a particular situation but then they end up looking too hard for those things so much so that they read the interaction wrong and talk themselves into something that isn't necessarily there.

Jeez, now I am going to be fixated on where women's shoulders are pointing for the next week! Thanks, Allen. LOL!

tmpgstx

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think it necessarily means interest as it does respect. It's natural to know that we point our shoulders at either what is getting our attention or what we are interested in.

I think the thrusting of the chest out and stretching when sitting having and having open view of a woman's chest are big indicators of comfort and attraction. She isn't going to unconsciously stick her chest out (exposing them) to a guy she isn't attracted to because it's a minor viloation.

Come to think of it, there is this girl at the gym that does the splits around me - i swear she knows that i'll be looking (and more importantly she wants me to notice). Just get that vibe .. i don't know. These girlz i tell ya ..

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SexPDX,

Since you and I both have long experience in hanging out in bars and nightclubs, and for that matter any other places where people socialize, it should not come as any surprise. I notice it all the time (that is, when I pay attention). When two people are sitting at a table of four in a restaurant, for example, friends face each other to imply distance and (potential) lovers sit adjacent to imply intimacy. But when two people are standing, such as in a nightclub, it’s usually the opposite; (potential) lovers face each other and friends stand next to each other (or at least at significantly different angles).

Recently, I ended a trial dating period with a woman. In my truck, she always sat facing me. Standing out in public, she always faced me. While walking, she would often turn towards me. (I, the one who was ultimately not interested, instinctively did all the opposite.)

It’s really nothing new. “Shoulder pointing” is just another way of saying “mirroring.” ;)

But, you said it best when...
SexPDX:
Jeez, now I am going to be fixated on where women's shoulders are pointing for the next week! Thanks, Allen. LOL!
:D

gimmeyofonenumba

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lemme get this strait, when yall say "shoulder pointing" you mean "the direction a person is facing" im confused...what does shoulder pointing mean?

Silquee Smoove

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by tmpgstx
I don't think it necessarily means interest as it does respect. It's natural to know that we point our shoulders at either what is getting our attention or what we are interested in.
Accurate interpretation and very perceptive tmpgstx.

That article is still missing one feature to look for when it comes to body alignment and it's a simple one that I can't believe hasn't been mentioned yet.

-The feet

1-Head
2-Body (trunk)
3-Feet

These are the three indicators of direction when it comes to communicating between two people and are clues to all but the most oblivious observer of whether the two parties are interested in continuing dialogue with each other or not.

As a little side note, I was studying body language when it comes to how people are seated when sitting at a table. (This was in reference to an Irish bar I had gone to with some friends a few weeks ago) and there was another guy who had an "issue" with my viewpoints on a nonrelated subject.

Well, it just so happened that after reviewing the chart, (on body language when seated at a rectangular table) he was seated in section "A" and I was seated in section "B3" ~ the natural competitive position!

When we took our seats after having been outside, we came back inside and sat down and unbeknownst to me, we were sitting in natural competitive positions. This stuff is more than subconscious when you really analyze it.

He "claimed" dominance overtly, but his body language became closed when we all went outside, and the Irish girl that he was gaming started to mirror my position and looked in the same direction as I as time went on.

Claiming dominance, and showing dominance are two different principles entirely and that exercise proved it.