All economic systems end, including capitalism

r0cky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thank you guys, this discussion has given me more proof that human's hunger for progress is also its biggest demise. I think that only when all of humanity wakes up to this fact, we will be able to implement a system that prioritzes living the moment over looking to the future (which is the base of our hunger for progress).

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
r0cky said:
I think that only when all of humanity wakes up to this fact, we will be able to implement a system that prioritzes living the moment over looking to the future (which is the base of our hunger for progress).
Yeah, I guess still being primitive cavemen and dying of starvation or disease would have been better instead of inventing new things and building civilizations :rolleyes:

Impulsively living in the moment is the worst possible thing someone can do. Many of our current economic problems have been caused by governments enabling people to act impulsively and irresponsibly with the understanding that they would be bailed out if and when they went broke.

Making sacrifices now so we can invest in our futures is what lets us lead better lives. If you want to live like an impulsive, illogical woman that's your prerogative. Just don't come crying to me asking for money when you're broke because you didn't plan ahead.