Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Alcoholism

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Scars said:
Day 2 - Failed

Sorry guys. Started reading up on withdrawl symptoms and read about TD and having seizures etc.. and it kinda scared the sh!t out of me. I'm having a cold one now, my first one. I plan on weening off instead. Or if anything, talk to my doctor, because I don't want to make the problem worse. If anything, I bought myself a 6 pack, and not a twelve. So the absolute worst I can do is have 6 beers tonight.

I do feel a little more in control though. The fact that I could go 48 hours without drinking and all.

My goal is ween slowly into have like 2-3 beers a day. I enjoy drinking too much to quit it completely.

-Scars
bro you are an addict. seriously.

go to a detox. they will take care of you. seriously dude i'm worried about you. not now. you are young, your body will handle it.

but on this pace, by the time you are my age you will be the i need a 30 pack just to function a day alcoholic. and i know a few of them and every last one of them were at where you are now. you don't want to go to there. one guy I know, **** he's younger than i am, got pissed at his girl and walked out of an AA meeting, walked into a liquor store and drank an entire liter 100% proof vodka like it was ****ing apple juice while bitgching at his his ex (who was at the meeting) got in the car and ran smack dab into a light pole. it's funny because he didn't have a scratch on him but it's not. and the insane part is.. went to detox.. 3 months later, right back at it .

I am not a bible thumped or a do gooder, but there are a few things i know quite well. i know horse racing quite well. i know how to mack these hoes lol. and i know drug addicts. you are a drug addict. I'm not telling you that beucase i don't lke you, i'm telling you that beucase you are not so bad off yet to where you can't realistically easily turn your life around.

you think the **** is hard now, man you are in the minor leagues of drinking. you are in A ball. wait til you get to triple A. I know ****ing 110 pound girls who literally can't get out of bed without a 6 pack. you want to wait utnil you are the guy who has to buy 2 30 packs of beer on saturday just to ensure he doesn't get the shakes on sunday?

I enjoy drinking too much to quit it completely.
lol you know how much i loved smoking crack? you think i spent.. honestly.. probalby about 30-40 grand total over a 10 month period on something i DIDN'T LIKE to smoke?

enjoying it is not a good enough reason. **** if i could watch deadliest catch with my wife and smoke a gram of dope and leave the **** at 40 dollars i'd be smoking crack now lol. i can't. i empty bank accounts. i disappear. i tear up carpets looking for **** i (didn't) drop. i had to lower my ATM limit to 200 dollars so that i could not go out and smoke myself to death.

let me put it in a different perspective. i dated a girl before who was a Type A diabetic she loved sweets. she loved chocolate. but she couldn't eat it (at least more than a few nibbles) without breaking out and going to the hospital. it had nothing to do with what she liked, it had to do with what her body would allow her to do and function

with all tht said, ik now you wont' listen to a word i am saying because you aren't ready to quit yet. you aren't' ready to quit because you haven't had any real consequences because of your drinking yet, in your mind the cons haven't added up to the pros yet. but in 3-4 years you will remember this post and say damn.. if i listened.. i wouldn't have 2 DWIs/be in jail//****ed my liver completely up/etc

even though i know you aren't going to listen, i have to tell you. but if it's not, 5 years from now 109 years from now and you need some help give a brother a pm

Scars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm just going to go to a doctor.

-Scars

Married Buried

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Scars said:
I'm just going to go to a doctor.

-Scars

you are not going to get seizures from quitting unless you were drinking from the moment you wake up to the moment you went to bed. Your best bet is to quit cold turkey and deal with crankiness and the runs for a couple weeks.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the guy above was correct you aren't at DT/serious withdrawal symptom territory yet. that's when you literally have to drink all day.

though if you start to feel seriously sick go to a doctor they got **** they can put you on but i doubt you will seriously you aren't THAT bad off. yet at least.

you'll get cranky for a few weeks and have some sleeping issues. go to wal mart get some 5 dollar over the counter sleeping pills and you will be fine

this worked for me, though i'm not an alcohlic, i did like to drink from time to time. every time i felt i really had to have a drink i would drink something that felt like alcohol but wasn't.. i like strawberry daiquiri's so i would drink a virgin daquari or something like that or like i would buy the strawberry marquati mix and just drink it straight.. it's actually pretty good on ice lol.

evansblue

Banned
Reaction score
People with addictions usually like whatever it is they're addicted to. In other words, if you told an alcoholic you could snap your fingers and they would no longer be a drinker, I don't think they would want that. They enjoy drinking, even when it ruins their lives and they realize their wreckless behavior can't continue. Yes, they have a problem, but they don't see it that way. Eventually they might seek help, but at the core it's not to curb their addiction, it's to stop the harmful effects and the consequences of that addiction.

It boils down to a personality problem, not a drug problem.

\O/

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
evansblue said:
People with addictions usually like whatever it is they're addicted to. In other words, if you told an alcoholic you could snap your fingers and they would no longer be a drinker, I don't think they would want that. They enjoy drinking, even when it ruins their lives and they realize their wreckless behavior can't continue. Yes, they have a problem, but they don't see it that way. Eventually they might seek help, but at the core it's not to curb their addiction, it's to stop the harmful effects and the consequences of that addiction.

It boils down to a personality problem, not a drug problem.
This speaks to me. I don't want to stop drinking. I can't imagine my life without social drinking. All i want to do is to be able to control it and stop the harmful effects and consequences like you said. Most people are able to do this. My personality changes when i drink. It's scary and most definitely more a personality problem than an addiction. In my case atleast.

I wouldn't want you to snap those fingers. That's food for thought and quite worrying to be honest...

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i've been talking so much about AA i decided to take my black ass to an AA meeting today. i go to one every once in a while, espically when i know they are going to be speaker meeting si like speaker meetings. i'm glad i went to the one i went to today i needed to hear that, about how we plan **** and how when it doesn't work out we use it as an excuse to **** everything and get high or whatever. i have that bad even now. i just don't use.

anyway, after the meeting, i got approached by 2 different girls, one wanted to know if i wanted to go tot he starbucks a few blocks away and have coffee and the other asked me if i was interested in coming to their little thanksgiving thing and gave me her number on the premise of if i come i need to call her so that i can know what to bring/cook. the thanksgiving girl was a solid 7.. the other was ****able. of course i'm not going to do anything but that's not my point

see, guys like scars, i know you. i know how you think beucase you think like me. you probably work out, you are a good looking dude, you like to party and kick it and you got girls /plates and you think that drinking in the back of you rmind will somehow put a halt to this kick ass social life you have. you aren't doing partying yet. in short, you think it's the drinking you don't want to give up, it's not. it's the social aspects that surround drinking.

you have this impression of AA probably like a bunch of 40 year old drunks hanging around and talking about some boring ass ****, and im' not saying that's not some of it, but you have the entirely wrong impressino of AA.

scars, listen to me when i say this. the best time/twilight of my plate spinning career, by like, 5 miles, was when i was deep in AA.

1. do you have any ****ing idea how many hoes are in AA lol? i mean that literally and figuratively. lol you know they are ****ing lol. they didn't drink a paint of vodka and then break out the bible. there was a meeting in little rock i went ot every Saturday night called barley legal.. not one person in the room over 25. was a church class room packed to the point of people having to stand up, 40-50 people in there, about 20-30 of the girls.

****ing like shooting fish in a barrel with a sidewinder missile launcher.

and then when you get in there and stay in there and everyone knows you are doing the damn thing and that you got some big boy clean time (year plus) and you start to sponder people, shiiiiit. by the time i had 3 years clean damn near every meeting i had some new skank asking me to go wtih them to "talk to them about recovery" at some waffle house/starbucks/denny's.

and unlike the other dudes in AA.. you are good looking, you have GAME. now, your screen game has to be on point.. some of the girls are fucccked up in the head.. but not all of them. some just liked xanax too much and want to get off before things get out of hand.

2. even clean, my social calendar was packed to the brim more so than any other time in my life. i would still cold approach broads if i saw on that bad but between aA/NA and the horse track i didn't' have to at all. football game Saturday there would be 10-15 people over my house without even calling anyone mother****ers just popping up with food and **** grilling outside kicking it lol. girls and guys. at least 2-3 nights a week we, and when i say me, i mean me and any combination of 200-250 people lol would get together and go put put golf or bowl or go to a club.. yeah we clubbed lol sober as ****. one Saturday night i took a girl from AA to this place like dave and busters, then took another girl and her 2 girl firends to the bowling alley and on my way home got a call from another girl, who i would eventually date who asked me to ride with her out of town.. she liked me and used an excuse to get me to come with her to talk to me. the girl i took bowling every motherfuvcker on this forum would rate at least an 8.5, ass licking hot, 5'4, 115 pounds, worked out everyday, 19 years old, wore these little tight ass jeans all the time, she liked me but i had made a judgement hat i was going to let her get a little clean time before i took it down that road, b ecuase she wasn't ready to date anyone she was too unstable. she'ed stop by my house after work and bring me free food all the time from her waitressessing job and we would shoot the ****. and by the time she got the lcean time i was dating someone. god she was hot. and wasn't a head case either.

how many dudes do you know that can say on a tuesday that random ass 8.5hb's hjust opop up their house and sit down and kick with you. that's what AA can do for you.

that's not even talking about just the partys we threw or the "retreats" we would go to and everyone would sneak into some girls bunk and **** their brains out. god we had fun.

seriously man, give a try. you in particular you will love it.

Married Buried

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
i've been talking so much about AA i decided to take my black ass to an AA meeting today. i go to one every once in a while, espically when i know they are going to be speaker meeting si like speaker meetings. i'm glad i went to the one i went to today i needed to hear that, about how we plan **** and how when it doesn't work out we use it as an excuse to **** everything and get high or whatever. i have that bad even now. i just don't use.

anyway, after the meeting, i got approached by 2 different girls, one wanted to know if i wanted to go tot he starbucks a few blocks away and have coffee and the other asked me if i was interested in coming to their little thanksgiving thing and gave me her number on the premise of if i come i need to call her so that i can know what to bring/cook. the thanksgiving girl was a solid 7.. the other was ****able. of course i'm not going to do anything but that's not my point

see, guys like scars, i know you. i know how you think beucase you think like me. you probably work out, you are a good looking dude, you like to party and kick it and you got girls /plates and you think that drinking in the back of you rmind will somehow put a halt to this kick ass social life you have. you aren't doing partying yet. in short, you think it's the drinking you don't want to give up, it's not. it's the social aspects that surround drinking.

you have this impression of AA probably like a bunch of 40 year old drunks hanging around and talking about some boring ass ****, and im' not saying that's not some of it, but you have the entirely wrong impressino of AA.

scars, listen to me when i say this. the best time/twilight of my plate spinning career, by like, 5 miles, was when i was deep in AA.

1. do you have any ****ing idea how many hoes are in AA lol? i mean that literally and figuratively. lol you know they are ****ing lol. they didn't drink a paint of vodka and then break out the bible. there was a meeting in little rock i went ot every Saturday night called barley legal.. not one person in the room over 25. was a church class room packed to the point of people having to stand up, 40-50 people in there, about 20-30 of the girls.

****ing like shooting fish in a barrel with a sidewinder missile launcher.

and then when you get in there and stay in there and everyone knows you are doing the damn thing and that you got some big boy clean time (year plus) and you start to sponder people, shiiiiit. by the time i had 3 years clean damn near every meeting i had some new skank asking me to go wtih them to "talk to them about recovery" at some waffle house/starbucks/denny's.

and unlike the other dudes in AA.. you are good looking, you have GAME. now, your screen game has to be on point.. some of the girls are fucccked up in the head.. but not all of them. some just liked xanax too much and want to get off before things get out of hand.

2. even clean, my social calendar was packed to the brim more so than any other time in my life. i would still cold approach broads if i saw on that bad but between aA/NA and the horse track i didn't' have to at all. football game Saturday there would be 10-15 people over my house without even calling anyone mother****ers just popping up with food and **** grilling outside kicking it lol. girls and guys. at least 2-3 nights a week we, and when i say me, i mean me and any combination of 200-250 people lol would get together and go put put golf or bowl or go to a club.. yeah we clubbed lol sober as ****. one Saturday night i took a girl from AA to this place like dave and busters, then took another girl and her 2 girl firends to the bowling alley and on my way home got a call from another girl, who i would eventually date who asked me to ride with her out of town.. she liked me and used an excuse to get me to come with her to talk to me. the girl i took bowling every motherfuvcker on this forum would rate at least an 8.5, ass licking hot, 5'4, 115 pounds, worked out everyday, 19 years old, wore these little tight ass jeans all the time, she liked me but i had made a judgement hat i was going to let her get a little clean time before i took it down that road, b ecuase she wasn't ready to date anyone she was too unstable. she'ed stop by my house after work and bring me free food all the time from her waitressessing job and we would shoot the ****. and by the time she got the lcean time i was dating someone. god she was hot. and wasn't a head case either.

how many dudes do you know that can say on a tuesday that random ass 8.5hb's hjust opop up their house and sit down and kick with you. that's what AA can do for you.

that's not even talking about just the partys we threw or the "retreats" we would go to and everyone would sneak into some girls bunk and **** their brains out. god we had fun.

seriously man, give a try. you in particular you will love it.
guys from this site should go to AA even if they are not alcoholics. just pretend you are and hit on the women.

Married Buried

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
lol there is actually a term for that (guys who come to AA just to hit on girls) it's called 13th stepping.

i bought a tee shir tlike this http://www.recoveryshirts.com/13th-stepper.html and i would wear it to AA meetings in the summer as a gag sometimes. girls ate it up.

It wouldn't be hard to pick them up at the AA meetings. Like you said, they already know how to f/ck if they are in AA. Just need a little game... damn why didn't I think of this before?

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think alcohol--in significant quantities--can distort the rhythm of your life, both physically and neurochemically.

And the affects of that distortion makes people depressed.

And depressed people often turn to escapes or temporary 'fixes' for their neurochemical/behavioral imbalance.

Some people are prone to addictions as well.

No neuroscientist DJs here to enlighten us?

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
telling a person who is a true alcoholic not to drink anymore is like telling an AFC to stop being AFC.

not only does he not want to stop doing it, he believes it's a perfectly justifiable way to conduct himself... the problem isn't the way he treats women/drinking. the problem is (in his mind) he just hasn't found the right drink or the right balance or the perfect way to control the drink (the perfect girl, the girl for him, etc)

telling someone to just stop that you hoently believe is an alcoholic is a waste of words; they can't. a person can't be helped until they have taken step 1 in AA (while i don't agree with a lot of things in AA.. step 1 is money.. we admitted to ourselves that we were powerless over alcohol, that our lives had become unmanageable) not without help. beucase they dont' understand or care to understand what they need tob e stopping for. we dont' "get them". even though we are them, we dont' get them. they are so close to controlling it we just don't understand. all they have to do is stop drinking X and they are fine. or stop hanging around X who is a black out drunk, but i'm not that bad (yet) and i won't keep drinking like I do or stop going to Y place beucase that's where all the hard core drunks hang out, but drinking all together? i dont' have to stop that because nothing is wrong with my drinking. it's this other **** i just have to manage

lol mother****er i'm telling you, i'm you lol.

Scars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To all the guys who are still recovering or have recovered, what is your story? You don't have to go into extreme detail, but I'm just wondering. Seems like most drunks I've met always have a story. Whether it's their whole life, or a certain event, it always seems like they're trying to forget something. I admit, I even have a few things I'd like to forget myself, and maybe that's why I drink, but they're things I've only told a handful of people my whole life. Maybe being semi-anonymous on a forum could help bring closure these people. Just a thought.

-Scars

Married Buried

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Scars said:
To all the guys who are still recovering or have recovered, what is your story? You don't have to go into extreme detail, but I'm just wondering. Seems like most drunks I've met always have a story. Whether it's their whole life, or a certain event, it always seems like they're trying to forget something. I admit, I even have a few things I'd like to forget myself, and maybe that's why I drink, but they're things I've only told a handful of people my whole life. Maybe being semi-anonymous on a forum could help bring closure these people. Just a thought.

-Scars
My story is liking to live a life of debauchery and feel good doing it. Therefore drinking and doing drugs helped further the cause. Drinking does nothing positive and quitting is the only way to have a good life. Time to go on the wagon. I am down for 2 weeks straight who is with me? 2 weeks is not a big deal, I like to go a week with no drinks and then binge on the weekends. I like to smoke weed too. It helps not drink and is much healthier.

Scars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Malice said:
My story is liking to live a life of debauchery and feel good doing it. Therefore drinking and doing drugs helped further the cause. Drinking does nothing positive and quitting is the only way to have a good life. Time to go on the wagon. I am down for 2 weeks straight who is with me? 2 weeks is not a big deal, I like to go a week with no drinks and then binge on the weekends. I like to smoke weed too. It helps not drink and is much healthier.
Okay, fair enough. My whole thing about AA and recovery is that it doesn't actually "recover" anybody, IMO. It can get you to stop drinking, but it doesn't solve why you started drinking in the first place. If we go back to my original question, I think depressed people lean towards alcohol rather than alcoholics being depressed. But that's just my opinion. Oftentimes, they will replace one addiction for another, be it alcohol, drugs, sex, gambling, etc..

-Scars

Married Buried

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Scars said:
Okay, fair enough. My whole thing about AA and recovery is that it doesn't actually "recover" anybody, IMO. It can get you to stop drinking, but it doesn't solve why you started drinking in the first place. If we go back to my original question, I think depressed people lean towards alcohol rather than alcoholics being depressed. But that's just my opinion. Oftentimes, they will replace one addiction for another, be it alcohol, drugs, sex, gambling, etc..

-Scars

At this point I think drinking is just something to do because we are bored. That is a pretty bad reason to drink.

Scars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Malice said:
At this point I think drinking is just something to do because we are bored. That is a pretty bad reason to drink.
I agree. I use the excuse as well. But what happens when we're bored? Our mind wanders.. sometimes, into areas we'd rather not "explore" or remember. I think most alcoholics are hiding from something. I didn't realize it until hanging out with a buddy, he's actually much older than me, but in his drunken stupor he laid it down pretty much straight. He cracked a horrible joke, can't even remember what it was, I think it related to childhood sexual abuse actually, then followed up with a comment like "And that's why I'm an alcoholic" etc.. It was so under the radar, and unexpected, but it was there. Almost like alcoholics WANT to talk about their problems, but at the same time don't. Mind you, this friend has slipped some stuff (mostly jokes) like that into conversation before, but I always gave him the benefit of doubt. In my opinion, alcohol and comedy seems to be the only way he can cope with his past.

-Scars

Married Buried

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Scars said:
I agree. I use the excuse as well. But what happens when we're bored? Our mind wanders.. sometimes, into areas we'd rather not "explore" or remember. I think most alcoholics are hiding from something. I didn't realize it until hanging out with a buddy, he's actually much older than me, but in his drunken stupor he laid it down pretty much straight. He cracked a horrible joke, can't even remember what it was, I think it related to childhood sexual abuse actually, then followed up with a comment like "And that's why I'm an alcoholic" etc.. It was so under the radar, and unexpected, but it was there. Almost like alcoholics WANT to talk about their problems, but at the same time don't. Mind you, this friend has slipped some stuff (mostly jokes) like that into conversation before, but I always gave him the benefit of doubt. In my opinion, alcohol and comedy seems to be the only way he can cope with his past.

-Scars
I just enjoy getting high. Must there be some other reason? Unfortunately the only way to do that legally is alcohol. Weed is much better and healthy and is hopefully becoming legal soon. It will help everybody who drinks to have a healthier life.

Scars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Malice said:
I just enjoy getting high. Must there be some other reason? Unfortunately the only way to do that legally is alcohol. Weed is much better and healthy and is hopefully becoming legal soon. It will help everybody who drinks to have a healthier life.
Weed actually gets me paranoid. Trust me, if I could be a "pot head" rather than an "alcoholic" I would be, but it seems to effect me differently. Heard many people say that it's normal, you just gotta do it more, it will pass, and I did. It's not like I've only smoked once or twice, I've tried it a lot. Sometimes I had a good high, but a large majority of the time I felt sick, weird, paranoid, and thought I was going to die. Now it's something I avoid completely. I know plenty of people that smoke, but when the pipe is passed to me I simply say "no thanks". Perhaps it's my genetic and chemical make-up, don't know. I just never enjoyed marijuana. Not to say that I don't think it should be legal, I think it should be. But it's not for me. It's funny though because I've tried a lot of hard drugs (pcp, mushrooms, coke etc..) but weed gets me paranoid far more than any of those. All my friends thought it was weird, I think it is too. Back when I was doing drugs, coke was my favorite. Maybe I just like uppers rather than downers (weed)? One of the reasons why I will never do meth.. I know I'd be addicted in a second, not worth it to me.

-Scars