Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Alcohol makes me outgoing, I'm shy without it

lazikia

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've tried several ways to become outgoing when I'm sober but I just can't do it. I don't want to have to drink all the time to talk to a girl. Any advice?

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
practice. It took me years to get out of my shell, and I still go back every once and a while. Its human. its who you are. As I have said in other threads regarding shyness, my experience breaking it involved putting myself in positions where I couldn't be shy. After a while, you realize the fear is unfounded and you get confident exerting yourself. Sports reffing was a great way to accelerate this. They even teach you how to not talk like a sissy.

Alcohol does this to everyone which is why a good number of folks drink. Heck, I do too! All it does is artificially make you not care what other people think. If you can achieve this w/ out assistance, than your shyness should abate.

PDubb75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was like you at one point. Don't say you "can't" do it. It just takes time and practice. You just need to realize that nothing bad will happen from opening up and having a good time. The more you stop thinking about it and just force yourself, the more confidence you will get for next time.

Just think about it. If you are shy and don't talk to a girl, you leave without a date/number/girl.

But, if you try and push through your shyness 1 of 2 things will happen. Either you leave without a date/number/girl, or you leave WITH a date/number/girl.

Just think of it in the respect that there is no positive outcome by not pushing through and talking to these girls. It won't get you anywhere so just face it head on and stop thinking about rejection.

PapiChulo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What made you shy in the first place? I keep asking people and never get a straight forward answer.

lazikia

Don Juan
Reaction score
PapiChulo said:
What made you shy in the first place? I keep asking people and never get a straight forward answer.
Well, I switched schools a bunch as a child and I think that's what made me shy. I constantly had to face a new group of strangers.

Reaction score
yeah, man; I went to a friend's kegger last week, and made out with about 8 girls after I got 3 beers in me.

maybe I should just carry a flask of beam on at all times...

PlayCold

Don Juan
Reaction score
lazikia said:
Well, I switched schools a bunch as a child and I think that's what made me shy. I constantly had to face a new group of strangers.
I suffered the same faith as you..... And I also suffered really long from it.
Right now I (and lots of other people) see booze as an social aid and there is no problem in using it. Some people need it, some don't.