Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Alcohol having undesired effects

Slayer

Reaction score
So I went out the other night after a long day and long week (had to work thanksgiving) and did about 7 or so shots of patron before going out. Unfortunately the alcohol didnt have the effect I desired. I found myself lacking motivation and just general apathy.

I never know what effect it is going to have on me. Sometimes it will make me totally relaxed and think everything is funny. Sometimes it will amp me up and go into a excited frenzy type state. Other times I will be tense and have a short temper. The worst is when it makes me depressed and puts me in the "poor me" frame of mind. The first two are ok but the last two are awful but I never know when which will show up.

I dont have a drinking problem and truly want to make the most out of every time I am going out. Anyone else notice this? Jack Daniels and Tequila while I love both they seem to make me either very angry/aggressive or depressed. Beer relaxes me, vodka makes everything a big blur.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Slayer said:
So I went out the other night after a long day and long week (had to work thanksgiving) and did about 7 or so shots of patron before going out. Unfortunately the alcohol didnt have the effect I desired. I found myself lacking motivation and just general apathy.

I never know what effect it is going to have on me. Sometimes it will make me totally relaxed and think everything is funny. Sometimes it will amp me up and go into a excited frenzy type state. Other times I will be tense and have a short temper. The worst is when it makes me depressed and puts me in the "poor me" frame of mind. The first two are ok but the last two are awful but I never know when which will show up.

I dont have a drinking problem and truly want to make the most out of every time I am going out. Anyone else notice this? Jack Daniels and Tequila while I love both they seem to make me either very angry/aggressive or depressed. Beer relaxes me, vodka makes everything a big blur.
well alcohol by definition is a depressant.

Huffman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Slayer said:
Alcohol having undesired effects
News at 11 ;)

Anyway these days I find alcohol to not have any effect on me at all, except that I get slow and stupid of course.

I used to say it increases my courage and makes me more open, but not so anymore. Now, either I'm feeling good or I'm uptight from the start, but alcohol doesn't make me relax anymore. Guess that's good.

DJLondoner

Don Juan
Reaction score
I had someone tell me that 'Kung Fu makes you horny!'. I do wonder why Jocks all the chicks in the first place.

I don't like taking alcohol (like taking rumcake), I grew up trying to make people laugh and I failed the same way people enjoyed taking and using the drink to crack a joke.

Laugh at yourself, if you know what you doing is wrong, LAUGH and forgive yourself! I used to take the piss out of myself, I admit it's crazy but it works. Knowing how to use 'irony' is the best way out!

window

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
one of my favourite sayings is... Alcohol will lower your resolve...

The Bad Ass Canadian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alcohol can do all sorts of things. It is a depressant and some people are affected by it in more severe ways than others. I used to be able to drink heavy and just go out and have a great time ansd be fine the next day. Now, I do tend to fall into the category of "poor me" from time to time, for no apparrent reason. Hangovers are filled with depressive/negative thoughts so it's just not worth it.

I try and have a couple of beers, and that's it. Regular heavy drinking doesnt work for me, anymore.

You might want to research why alcoholic drinks are often called spirits. You may find some answers as to why it affects you differently, every time.