Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Alcohol and why it Kills your game

evansblue

Banned
Reaction score
This is something that took me years to figure out, and was a total snowball effect that caused so many problems and kinks in my game. Once I fixed it, I started testing it out and couldn't believe it was in front of my nose the entire time, and I missed it. Shortly after I formulated a guide on how to get a ONS, which I posted.

If you're sitting in a bar/club drinking with your buddies, you are killing your social value. Yes, that accounts for 99% of guys, including my friends, which is why I sarge alone. If you're wondering what the correlation between alcohol and social value is, allow me to explain. The reason you guys have to deal with c0ckblocks and sausage fests and all that other BS is because you're DRINKING. You're either working to get drunk, are drunk, or are getting more drunk. While doing so you are voluntarily placing yourself in an environment where you're around other guys, and you're lowering your value. The longer a girl sees you sitting there with a beer in your hand, the lower it gets. You are competing for a woman's attention without even realizing it.

You need to change your mentality. Either you are out to drink, or you're out to pick up woman. There's no middle ground. All these problems arise because guys try to juggle both. If you want to have success, you have to completely compartmentalize your thinking. If I go out with friends to a bar, it's strictly guys night out. We'll play pool, get drunk, and catch up on what happened throughout the week. I'm not even THINKING about women. However, when I go out by myself, it's a different story. I'm in beast mode and that's when I do my sarging. I'm not there to drink. Alcohol is the furthest thing from my mind, because I'm there for one specific reason: to get numbers. I don't deal with c0ckblocks, I don't hang around in sausage fests. Those obstacles don't even have time to get in the way. I'm a man on a mission and once I get a few numbers from one bar, I leave immediately and go on to the next one.

I'm differentiating myself from literally every single guy in the joint. What I've done in the process is RAISED my value. How? By leaving. You send a very powerful massage by walking out of a bar before the girl does. The script has been flipped. I walked in, got what I wanted, and left. I wouldn't have been able to leave if I was drinking. The social value is now mine because the girl will be wondering "Where did he go? Is he still in the bar? Did he leave and meet up with friends at a different one??" Her imagination will be spinning like a rodent on a hamster wheel.

You know the term "fashionably late"? This is the same effect, but backwards with a twist of reverse psychology.

The key to getting picking up women in the bars and clubs... is to not drink alcohol.

How is that for a head scratcher?

SCRIV

Reaction score
must just be me that goes out gets steaming and wakes up in some strangers bed?

Strelok

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SCRIV said:
must just be me that goes out gets steaming and wakes up in some strangers bed?
I think the OP is talking about getting girls not waking up close to Bob and Brian.

Three3Kingz

Don Juan
Reaction score
Not me. Drinking definitely helps my game up to a point. If your blackout drunk and hitting on girls youre just making a fool of yourself but i feel like im on fire when talking to girls when i got a nice buzz going and it definitely boosts my confidence and relaxes me

SamTheHobit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Having 2 or 3 drinks is fine even when picking up women, but any drinks after that is downhill from there.

irocknike23

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
idk about killing your game im always very confident when im buzzed and talk to a lot of girls with no fear at all

however what does kill my game is when i had 1 to many....and in the past i have had a lot of those too

Sparky

Don Juan
Reaction score
SamTheHobit said:
Having 2 or 3 drinks is fine even when picking up women, but any drinks after that is downhill from there.
This. Also I find spirits much better - beer mongs me out a bit = a bit sleepy. Spirits for me tend to have a sharper clearer buz.

AmIAFC

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
OP, I think you're on to something.

I recall having more success with women when I was sober. These days, and as shameful as it is to admit it, I've regressed to an alcoholic, sharing company with other alcoholics, and I get very little attention from women outside of courteous greetings and small talk.

The thing is, when you're drunk - not stumbling drunk, but close to it - you think you're fine, but others notice right away that you're not and that raises red flags. You don't notice the slight slur in your voice, the erratic lines of thought you express, your imperfect body language, and other issues caused by the reckless consumption of alcohol which serves to curtail your game.

Unfortunately, I've found myself hopelessly in the clutches of this stuff, and the presence of my friends only serve to facilitate my dependence to it at the moment.

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm going through a "40 days, 40 nights" no drinking challenge, I did this back in 09, and I agree with OP gaming and drinking dont mix, I don't think its wrong to have 2 or 3 but anything more then that and your game is of and uncalibarated

VoxPotentia

Reaction score
Personally, when I'm out clubbing and sober I feel incredibly disassociated with everyone around me. I feel distant. I can't mack for ****. I need at least something to drink when out clubbing.

evansblue

Banned
Reaction score
VoxPotentia said:
Personally, when I'm out clubbing and sober I feel incredibly disassociated with everyone around me. I feel distant. I can't mack for ****. I need at least something to drink when out clubbing.
This proves my point exactly. THIS is why guys STAY in bars/club all night, sometimes even the same one. There's a conflicting agenda between alcohol and sarging. It took me a long time to figure this out. You're trying to do both at the same time, and it's hurting your game. Alcohol causes you to procrastinate. You walk in and think to yourself "A few drinks and I'll be good to go." So you sit there, like every other guy in the place, waste time and look around the room. It seems subtle and innocent enough, but girls notice this. What's even worse is the time you wasted. If you want to have some alcohol, have a drink or two before you go out, not while you're there. I refer to this as "drinking on the job."

I've been doing bar/club game since the day I turned 21, and I've finally figured out that the key to succeeding in the nightlife is to approach it like day game. You go into a busy bar, approach as many chicks as you can, try to get their numbers and get out of there. Don't get caught up trying to build rapport. This only backfires and comes off desperate, especially on a weekend. Don't sit there drinking, you're just gonna look like a guy trying to build up liquid courage. I'm in and out of a bar in 10 minutes, tops. Usually with 2 numbers, sometimes 3. I repeat this process many times throughout the night (as I mentioned in my other thread). The idea here is to build a nice inventory of numbers to play with by the end of the night. What I've done in the process is make those girls wonder where I went, because I was only chatting with them for a minute or two. If they looked around and tried to find me, they couldn't because I left. This builds intrigue and makes them wonder. It's counterintuitive and works like a gem.

So while I'm off getting more numbers, the previous girls I talked to are working on THEIR buzz, which works in my favor when I go to text them at the end of the night. The rapport comes from the fact that I've met them once, and later in the night I'll text them and meet up with them again at 12 AM. What I'm doing here is speeding the whole process up, gradually and subtly. The impression the girl is left with after we have a ONS is "He was a cool guy, it just kinda happened." In actuality it didn't just "happen", it was a well thought out game plan.

I do all of this without spending money on one single drink for myself. The money that's in my wallet at the end of the night is the exact same amount that was in there at the beginning.

To be honest, there is kind of a strange feeling you'll have while using my method. Not necessarily bad but it will almost feel like you're being anti-social. I think this is a result of compartmentalizing your thinking, and having a clear cut plan.

Alex DeLarge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm usually really on top of my game when I'm drinking lol.

Was at this college party this weekend with a friend of mine.. an FWB I had earlier this summer invited us so we figured what the hell let's go. I had a few beers..

One of my best friend's ex girlfriend is hitting on me hard kissing my neck and sh1t. But I said "FVCK THAT".. She's super hot, but this kid i can safely say is one of my legit best friends. So I said to myself "bros before hoes"

Later on my FWB girl was making out with some other chick on the couch right next to me. I was just sitting there drinking and talking to my friend, I didn't really give a sh1t.

One of the kids at the party was like "Dude, you got game" hahahahha..

I said to him "What do you mean?" and he says back "You were just sitting there stone faced while two hot girls are making out!" He gave me a high five haha.

Later on my FWB's roomate starts talking to me. This girl is a HB9-9.5 depending on what kind of girls you're into. She was this tiny sexy hippy girl. Great ass, great hips, nice legs etc.. I heard she had a boyfriend, but I didn't trust the FWB she's always trying to screw me over with other girls cause she wants to keep me for herself.

I start talking to the girl, making eye contact the whole time.. Didn't kino or anything. She keeps talking about some emotional connection we're making blah blah.. I say back to her "Emotional connection? You wish" and give her a playful smirk.

She then says "Or maybe another kind of connection" and starts walking up the stairs. I figured "Oh nice, this girl's down to fvck tonight".. Then she just stops and says she has to talk to someone... Bummer man! I just go back and keep drinking with my friend and a couple of other dudes at the party.

This HB9.5 keeps having short little conversations with me only to have my FWB butt in and interrupt everytime she sees us together.. Probably cause she's jealous.

College drinking parties are my sh1t when it comes to game lol. I had two HB9s chasing me around all night. I'm probably an 8 on a good day too.

LuisGarcia10

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I definately agree with leaving before a girl does, but that extends to general life, not just in bars. I always do this when I've spent a short while talking to a girl, I leave and say my good byes, even better if you get a text on your phone shortly before leaving.

Voice

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not alcohol that kills your game unless you are blackout drunk. It's anxiety. If anything drinks loosen you up, but lack of confidence is still going to protrude even when you are drunk. If I'm going out with friends I'm going out to have a good time, that's my only objective. If that includes talking to chicks as well than so be it. Even when I am talking to chicks my focus is fun. I do what I'm in the mood to do at that particular time and whatever makes me happy even if it's not talking to some hot piece. Honestly I always have the most success at after parties or little get togethers AFTER or BEFORE going clubbing or at bars/parties. It's much easier to talk in these settings rather than with the music blasting. I don't believe clubs and bars are the optimal settings for trying to get laid. Its much easier to focus on having a good time and then call up a fb after when you just want some tail.

I'm going to disagree with you when you say having fun with your buddies lowers your status. Girls just want to have fun after all. It's not hard to pull a girl into your fun anyway.

Now, alcohol IS going to help your game when it's the girls who are the drunk ones. Inhibitions go down and if they are horny, alcohol is just gonna give them an excuse to slut it up. It's also extremely easy to identify a girl that's dtf that night. She will start talking about sex with you. Start talking sex back with them with a little kino and your in.

handle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How does holding a beer decrease your value? You never actually explained that one. Of course getting drunk for the sake of getting drunk is stupid, but I don't see how having a beer in my hand is hampering my game... If they have something I like on tap, then I might have a beer. Nothing wrong with that.

evansblue

Banned
Reaction score
Because you are seated next to other dudes, and regardless of what you think, it's competing for a woman's attention. You're probably one of many that needs alcohol flowing through the bloodstream to start approaching. Any time you are in a venue where men outnumber the women, you're lowering your value, period.

A large majority of men (not just on this forum) have a dependency on alcohol when it comes to interacting with women. This is why you don't see many guys cold approaching.

handle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Did I say anything about being seated? Or next to other guys?

As I said before, nothing wrong with having a beer in your hand. Of course there's something wrong with sitting around doing nothing, but that has **** all to do with having a beer.

Scars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd agree with this, but honestly I would have to say about %85 of my lays happened while I was intoxicated. Maybe some people just get more sloppier than others?

-Scars

evansblue

Banned
Reaction score
Handle, I agree there is nothing wrong with having a beer in your hand. I however, chose not to drink when picking up women for the aforementioned reasons as well as time constraint purposes. I'm not there to drink. A "good time" for me is getting a couple of numbers as quickly as possible, and jetting out of there to a different location. If you want to sit there nursing a few drinks, that's certainly your right, but it's not efficient, and can get pricey.

Scars - you said 85% of your lays happened while you were drunk. That doesn't surprise me in the least. This further backs up my point of the dependency guys have with alcohol when it comes to women. Look at all the potential problems it causes though. If you get too intoxicated you can't drive (or shouldn't) and run the risk of a DUI. It gets very pricey. Mixed drinks are easily $6. Beers are usually $3.50. That adds up quick. Not to mention it's a complete time waster. Every guy says they're just going out to have some fun. They're lying to themselves. They're going out to get laid. What's the quickest way to get from point A to point B? A straight line.

If you guys want to get drink hustled by these bars/clubs that's your decision. I take solace in the fact that I can accomplish the exact same goal without opening up my wallet to those girls, or those venues. How do you guys think those places stay in business? From us, not the women. They get in free, drink for free, don't wait in lines, etc. If guys started using my method, those establishments would be out of business. I'm not saying I'm anti-alcohol, because I'm not. Once you get the girl out of that kind of environment and over to your place, break out the booze and have at it. But there's a time and a place.

aura

Don Juan
Reaction score
You don't need it. I still find it hilarious when people are wow'ed by those so-called happy hour "specials."

A $4 beer is NOT a good deal. That's the price you pay for an entire six pack! Neither is $6 for a mixed drink, when the bar only spends 50 cents worth of costco vodka and orange juice to make the drink.

Bars are one of the saddest scams around.

Last edited: