aim (instant message) usage

oElS

Don Juan
Reaction score
how often if any should one use aim to talk? I mean is it at all productive talking on aim?

Rad

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's no different with any communication device.

If you intend to BS with it then no its not productive

If you intend to to use it for quick and percise conversation then sure it's fine

Leave the BS to talking in person.

California Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some of the best convos i've had were on aim because you're given time to think your responses and there's absolutely no pressure.

Omega

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by California Love
Some of the best convos i've had were on aim because you're given time to think your responses and there's absolutely no pressure.
Yea and that's the problem.

No pressure means no EC, no kino, no tone of voice, no facial expressions, etc.

Jerky Boi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
AIM's okay to use occasionally but don't make it too much of a habit just to talk on AIM. You need to develop some sort of social skills sooner or later and you can't really rely on AIM to have a good convo(not saying that you need any help) but try to limit your convos on AIM unless you're in a LTR with someone because you're giving off the impression that you have nothing else better to do and have no life.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by AC/DC
AIM is a turnoff to women. Absolutely.
Even if they REALLY wanna talk to you and thats there only way to get in touch at first???????

triple_ultima

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
In that case I would only use AIM to set up a date. Talking in person is ALWAYS superior - it gives you a chance to gauge her IL, administer kino, etc. I prefer talking in person to talking on the phone or on AIM because its so much more personal and exciting.

Omega

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
AIM/ MSN / ICQ...

Leave it for your male friends, no more. I leave my MSN on most of the time, however, I only have my male friends on it. I have a seperate account for the females I know, so that if I need to talk to them for a particular reason I can just switch over. Most of the time I'm not on my computer, so it's alot easier to just sign into one account with my buds on it and not be bothered about girls I'm trying to DJ that are logged on.