AFC Mistakes I made with a FB & Lessons Learned

Donnie Darko

Don Juan
Reaction score
So a former girl I "dated" earlier in the year recontacted me a few months ago and straight up asked me for sex. I complied and things were pretty good for a few weeks with our arrangement.

As time passed though she began getting insecure and jealous about me going out with other girls and started withholding sex because of it. It wasn't a big deal because I had another solid plate and I was having fun going out with other girls so it helped me maintain indifference.

I also found out that she was bipolar, taking medication and seeing a psychologist because of family problems that she was having. This should have been a huge red flag. I choose to ignore it and told myself that I would just use her for sex.

Well, after several months she asked and I agreed to give dating her a try. The problem is that there really were not any qualities about her that I liked other than the sex. I should have refused to get into anything serious with her but after having sex with someone for so long I guess some feelings developed.

Stopping seeing other girls except my other main plate made it difficult for me to maintain indifference. This girl was basically showed no emotion, maintained indifference and made it clear that I was not a priority. She immediately now had complete power of the relationship.

As we dated things were good for less than a week. Her behavior was such that I would have nexted any other girl but I ultimately decided to throw away all of my power and give it all to her; however, I knowingly told myself that I was just going to use her for sex and give her minimal effort while spinning more plates.

As a bipolar girl she would mood would flip and she would become overly angry over nothing and tended to overreact all the time. Whereas she showed by her actions over and over again that she did not care or have emotion.

I decided to end it with her because she was just too consistently inconsistent. She offered to continue having casual sex without dating and I rejected it because my ego got in the way and I just could not handle her disrespectful behavior anymore. The problem is that I did this when I was drunk and I said some awful things to her, which ultimately gave her the validation she needed to use against me and justify for herself that I was the person in the wrong.

I should have just ended it, shut the fvck up and walked away in silence. I think this would have forced her to be in the dark but I gave her justification to frame me in the wrong by saying some awful things to her. Now in her eyes I'm just a drunk a$$hole.

I'm 99.99% positive that the things that I said to her will ensure that we never talk again.

I followed up by feeling bad about the awful things I said to her and I apologized to her.

I made lots of mistakes with this one but take it all as a learning experience.

Lessons learned.

Don't turn a fvck buddy into a relationship.
Don't date a woman with a bipolar disorder.
Don't break up with a woman when you are drunk.
Don't get emotional when breaking up with her and say awful things with the intention of hurting her. Just end it, shut the fvck up and walk away.
When you make mistakes when ending a relationship, don't apologize for your mistakes. Stick by your word and shut the fvck up and walk away.

I'm sure there are plenty of more mistakes I made.

I'm honestly lucky that I have another solid plate so it doesn't make losing this plate very difficult. It just motivates me more to keep spinning and find a better #2 plate.

Last edited:

SoldMySoul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I liked your post!!! It reminded me of some stupid $hit I did and it almost mirrored mine except me being drunk saying mean things; I did not have to be drunk for that. Your thread had a lot of what my fvck buddy and I had. You are absolutely right about trying a relationship with one. It is a complete and utter disaster.

Funny how once you give into a relationship with them; they bait and switch you.

Lessons learned is quite right and walking away quietly sure serves you much better.

Donnie Darko

Don Juan
Reaction score
Although I thought I was 99.99% sure that we would never talk again.

She started calling me after 3 days.

Basically just gave me a bunch of crap for all of the awful things I said to her and blamed me for ruining what we had.

I just shut up and let her b!tch at me.

She says she almost forgave me but decided she wouldn't and that she can't sleep with me anymore.

Realizing I'm dealing with a crazy chick and based on the a lot of the things she said I can only think I'll probably be fvcking her again within a month or two...if I want to.

Honestly, I don't even really like this girl but there is some type of sexual chemistry that makes it hard for me to say no to her.

SoldMySoul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Donnie Darko said:
Although I thought I was 99.99% sure that we would never talk again.

She started calling me after 3 days.

Realizing I'm dealing with a crazy chick and based on the a lot of the things she said I can only think I'll probably be fvcking her again within a month or two...if I want to.

Honestly, I don't even really like this girl but there is some type of sexual chemistry that makes it hard for me to say no to her.
Well, I certainly know what you are dealing with. You have to ask yourself this important question Donnie: Piece of a$$ or peace of mind? It is easy for me to give advice about that subject! At times it has been hard to follow my own advice though.

I would have been better off if I cut loose of my problem plate long ago. Since last September my plate was a huge problem. I have not seen her in six months and we last communicated about a month ago. In that time, I repeatedly told her to not contact me during these months and every 3-4 weeks she would do it anyways.

Just maybe I will not hear from her again..... but, like you, I have a feeling she will be back with the same mess.

Man, it is NOT worth the headaches!!! When you start developing feelings for the FB, that is when you lose, IMO. They let it be known their feelings and finally you give in. Then for as long as you allow that $hit is thrown back in your face about you just used them and blah blah blah.

Good luck my friend!

Donnie Darko

Don Juan
Reaction score
Quick update. We sort of reconciled last week and agreed to go back to being fvck buddies.

We're not talking or hanging out anymore and basically just having a sexual relationship.

Anything else seems to result in us getting into arguments.

So now we just meet for sex and then part our separate ways. I'm literally walking in the door, take off my clothes, have sex with her, and then leave.

We don't really talk at all.

It may be the perfect relationship.

I've also been moving forward with a solid plate #3. She is coming over to hang out and "watch a movie" at my place this week.