Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

AFC Husband

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
I wonder who does the dishes?
Maytag, Whirlpool, or Kenwood or Westinghouse , I suspect....

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
I'm not attracted to women who can't cook.
I will never understand this logic. I've been sexually active since age 17. I've nailed over forty women in my time, and of those I've had 5 LTRs (including my wife of 14 years). With the exception of my wife, I've never had any woman cook ANYTHING for me beyond making cookies or maybe a sandwich. I'm amazed that a woman's cooking talents should be any kind of litmus test for a man in this day and age. Unless you've got a hot Latina GF whose mother was also a good cook, what woman cooks ANYTHING these days? I'm sure it's a pleasant fantasy of bygone days to have a woman cook for a guy, but if it comes to good in the kitchen vs. good in the bedroom, I think most guys are going to go with the latter.

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi said:
I will never understand this logic. I've been sexually active since age 17. I've nailed over forty women in my time, and of those I've had 5 LTRs (including my wife of 14 years). With the exception of my wife, I've never had any woman cook ANYTHING for me beyond making cookies or maybe a sandwich. I'm amazed that a woman's cooking talents should be any kind of litmus test for a man in this day and age. Unless you've got a hot Latina GF whose mother was also a good cook, what woman cooks ANYTHING these days? I'm sure it's a pleasant fantasy of bygone days to have a woman cook for a guy, but if it comes to good in the kitchen vs. good in the bedroom, I think most guys are going to go with the latter.
Funny that you should mention that, Rollo, because it seems that this last generation, even the hot Latina GFs aren't into cooking anymore. Anything before my generation... latina women were pretty much "TRAINED" to cook for their men... that's been lost within the last 15 years.

I'd say that the last five I dated, only the 1 ex-LTR knew how to cook, and pretty well.

But to be honest, I cooked better. It's not to say that I WANTED to cook everyday, but sometimes I'd rather have the sex vs the food.

As well, I haven't had anyone cook me anything, and in reality, I don't care to at least until I get married and then I can teach her how to cook if it comes to that.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi said:
With the exception of my wife, I've never had any woman cook ANYTHING for me beyond making cookies or maybe a sandwich.
Curiously you married a woman who CAN cook...

A woman's cooking skills may not be an essential prerequisite for marriage any more BUT the woman who still actively lives by the belief that "the way to a man's heart though her stomach ...." is surely more attractive to me.

Women do not bother to acquire cooking skills anymore because they do not have to. Most half decent women can land a husband( or several contenders at least) with a pushup bra .

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My parents both cooked and cleaned, but only my mom did the washing, my dad might help fold occasionally but he was busy doing the yard work and working on the house. She did way more domestic chores than he did, which is only fair cause I never saw her pruning, weeding, cutting grass or fixing roofs and doors. We all pitched in and helped with everything from cleaning to repairing the roof.

Suprisingly, my Dad is a better cook than my mom, but he taught us early on to always praise her cooking and never to praise his too much. He taught her a lot about how to cook and would teach her new recipes. A woman who can't cook and isn't willing to learn isn't going to last long with me.

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let's not jump to conclusions. Maybe the dude loves to cook and just uses the excuse that he's doing something nice for the wife when in fact he would kill her if she touched his food prep. Who knows?

Personally I love to cook. Love it. Especially grilling. In my world women shouldn't go near a grill. Grilling is a man's job. This is the only gender stereotype in my world. The only one.

So let's not jump to conclusions. Maybe the guy punched her in the throat last time she tried to cook. Or maybe he just banged 47 cheerleaders and owes her one.

ThunderMaverick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I mean you can usually tell a man is browbeaten when it comes to being the heel in the relationship. Example - Jon & Kate plus 8. You could see the fatigue in his eyes. His passiveness when it came to getting things done. His apathy when it came to Kate's lame ass relationship stories.

Was the guy miserable or was he happy? If he was the latter, she might be doing something good AND useful that you're not aware of. How long have they been together?

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Warrior74 said:
Suprisingly, my Dad is a better cook than my mom, but he taught us early on to always praise her cooking and never to praise his too much. He taught her a lot about how to cook and would teach her new recipes. A woman who can't cook and isn't willing to learn isn't going to last long with me.
Funny that you should bring that up because this is much like my family and my family's family. The men cook better than the women but we still give praise to the women's cooking.

My mother always used to say that this was the case because:

"A woman cooks because it is her job to do so, if a man cooks, it's because he enjoys doing so."

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm with Rollo T on this one. Not really enough info to judge the guy on, but yet since the situation is so common we assume he's whipped.

Backbreaker, anymore info about this couple you can give? Oh yeah also I can't wait for Bobby P to choke away this fall....just kidding.

And on the cooking thing, I'm with RT on that too. I like to do most of the cooking honestly. These days though, I stick to the grill, while the women tend to the inside stuff. Cornbread is still my specialty though.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you guys have lost the forrest from the trees.

it's not hte actual act of cooking. i don't give a **** about this.

a woman who can't cook. at all.. it tells me more than she can't cook.

a woman who has not bothered to learn how to cook? a womant hat has nto learned to be a woman and do women thing?

My mom can't cook.a t all. my mom is ms independent-you-must-be-jealous-of-me-becasuse-i-make-more-money-than-you.

I don't like women who cant' cook, becuase it usually tells me they aren't interested in being the type of women I am looking for. it has nothing to do with the act of food.

hell my fiancee isn't rachael ray but she tires. and it's not bad.

rollo, read what i said.

I did not say I do not like women who don't like too cook. I said I do not like women who cannot cook.

that's like a man who doesn't know how to cut the yard. there are certain things a woman should know how to do, rather they want to do it or not.

I don't know about your family but every woman in my family, even my little sister, is in the kitchen every day helping out./ my sister 9 year old sister made some ass licking good salmon croquette last time i was down there. she's 9. 9 years old.

i can walk in every female of my family's house (execpt my mom), even my little cousins and know i'm about to freaking throw down on something. this is just a given. a woman who CAN'T cook? WTF have you been doing your whole life

this guy is whipped speed dawg. she's a 15 year older version of my oneitis. she has no respect for her husband.. openly flirts with guys when he's not around, let's everyone know how she has him around her finger.. i just dispise women like her and moreso the men that put up with women like that.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
If they can't cook, I'll still fvck them without a doubt. If they won't cook, I'll still fvck them.....but I won't marry them.
^^^ "..if they WON'T cook..."

Yep, simple isn't it.

Last edited:

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cooking is an essential part of the art of loving. If she can't be bothered learning how to cook, she's not wife material.

Besides, my mum's a chef, my dad's a very good cook and I've learned a fair amount from both of them, so a woman who doesn't want to learn to cook is just not my type.

ThunderMaverick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
you guys have lost the forrest from the trees.

it's not hte actual act of cooking. i don't give a **** about this.

a woman who can't cook. at all.. it tells me more than she can't cook.

a woman who has not bothered to learn how to cook? a womant hat has nto learned to be a woman and do women thing?

My mom can't cook.a t all. my mom is ms independent-you-must-be-jealous-of-me-becasuse-i-make-more-money-than-you.

I don't like women who cant' cook, becuase it usually tells me they aren't interested in being the type of women I am looking for. it has nothing to do with the act of food.

hell my fiancee isn't rachael ray but she tires. and it's not bad.

rollo, read what i said.

I did not say I do not like women who don't like too cook. I said I do not like women who cannot cook.

that's like a man who doesn't know how to cut the yard. there are certain things a woman should know how to do, rather they want to do it or not.

I don't know about your family but every woman in my family, even my little sister, is in the kitchen every day helping out./ my sister 9 year old sister made some ass licking good salmon croquette last time i was down there. she's 9. 9 years old.

i can walk in every female of my family's house (execpt my mom), even my little cousins and know i'm about to freaking throw down on something. this is just a given. a woman who CAN'T cook? WTF have you been doing your whole life

this guy is whipped speed dawg. she's a 15 year older version of my oneitis. she has no respect for her husband.. openly flirts with guys when he's not around, let's everyone know how she has him around her finger.. i just dispise women like her and moreso the men that put up with women like that.
Jesus Christ, Backy, don't get so defensive. All most of us are saying here is that a woman who can't cook necessarily isn't a deal breaker nowadays.

Why don't we get down to the real issue - YOU resent his hot wife because YOU think she should be cooking for him, all the while knowing NOTHING about her other redeeming qualities. If he's happy then she's doing SOMETHING right.

We know you don't like chicks who can't cook. We get it. lol

ThunderMaverick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jitterbug said:
Cooking is an essential part of the art of loving. If she can't be bothered learning how to cook, she's not wife material.

Besides, my mum's a chef, my dad's a very good cook and I've learned a fair amount from both of them, so a woman who doesn't want to learn to cook is just not my type.
This is not a fact.

ThunderMaverick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
It is close enough to fact for me.

A woman who chooses to cut out domestic duties from her list is a woman who has gone down the route of feminism to a far enough degree to cause trouble later on.

Do not waste your time. Leave her to suffer the consequences of her actions. She is another casualty of the war on men.
*rolls eyes* She might be a great accountant or an excellent interior decorator. She might do SOMETHING as helpful and as loving as cooking.

Trader

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jitterbug said:
ThunderMaverick said:
This is not a fact.
I think Jitterbug is saying that if a girl is willing to learn how to cook, it is an indicator of how willing she is to *GIVE* in the relationship.

It is definitely ONE factor, though it is not a perfect indicator.

Though I think the focus should be on the opposite end of the spectrum. In other words, it's not so much about a girl being willing to give, but about a girl willing to RECEIVE. In other words, is she grateful for the things you do for her?

If you notice, almost every *low-quality* girl lacks gratefulness towards her man. Notice how almost every self-centered girl has that entitlement attitude, which stems from, you guessed it, lack of gratitude for what her bf has done for her. Notice how every *feminist* girl believes men have *put her down* and she is never grateful for any of the contributions men have given to her.

I think if you propositioned every man: 'In your relationship, I will increase your workload and responsibility by 35% but your wife will be eternally grateful for everything you do, and AS A RESULT she will be charming, winning, and pleasing in conversation with you', what guy WOULDN'T sign up for that?'

If you look at the crux of the matter, the problem is not so much that girls give the workload to the man (i.e. my husband must cook for me now), but the problem lies in the fact that after the man does the *extra work* the wife never gives him any credit for it, and is still as b1tchy and demanding as before.

And coming full circle now, to the OP - is the wife giving credit to the husband? Is she eternally grateful and thus pleasing and respectful to the husband? That is the key.

5string

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi said:
What woman cooks anything? My wife has dinner on nearly every evening when I come home from work. Darn near every night, I show her who's the man as well. I get dinner, cookies, bj's and a romp almost every day. Don't be so quick to come to conclusions. There are still women out there who do all of these things on a regular basis.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ThunderMaverick said:
*rolls eyes* She might be a great accountant or an excellent interior decorator. She might do SOMETHING as helpful and as loving as cooking.
Female accountant eh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD77qJTZQSU&feature=related

Yeah, very lovin', the lot of them. :D

And pray tell, what use would an interior decorator be to a straight man?

Cooking skill isn't a guarantee of a good wife, but it's a close bet for her being feminine.

On a semi-related note, my retired mother (once a chef) is teaching some young trophy wives of rich businessmen how to cook, so that they can stop their husbands from "eating out" so often. She jokingly calls it "wife school". :p

I'm not expecting a great chef out of my hypothetical wife, that's just too much pressure for her, but her willingness to cook for the family counts. Trader explained it very well.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Another way to look at this, is, if she WON'T cook ie she refuses to, how does she eat? Fast food every night? Ordering in restaurants 5 nights a week?

Either way, I'd probably stay away from that.

davewe

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think the issue is whether or not the guy likes to cook or is good at it. Sure, plenty of men are.

The issue was that they had company that waited an hour and the princess did nothing but wait until the AFC got home.

I have friends where the guy is a former professional chef and does the cooking. And frankly he's a perfectionist and takes his time. But while he's cooking the wife puts out snack, hors d'oeuvres, etc., takes cares of the kids so dad can cook, sets up the table, entertains the guests, etc.

Zarky said:
Let's not jump to conclusions. Maybe the dude loves to cook and just uses the excuse that he's doing something nice for the wife when in fact he would kill her if she touched his food prep. Who knows?

Personally I love to cook. Love it. Especially grilling. In my world women shouldn't go near a grill. Grilling is a man's job. This is the only gender stereotype in my world. The only one.

So let's not jump to conclusions. Maybe the guy punched her in the throat last time she tried to cook. Or maybe he just banged 47 cheerleaders and owes her one.