Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Advice to teens (money)

jiza101

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, something hit me pretty hard this evening. Basically i always thought my family was well of, well we were until recently, when my step dad and mums, jobs decreased in pay. We live in a nice house, but my mum commented about giving me money for my medication, and that i should be working more (ive been working past 4 years each weekend) and this is my first year of uni. Now i realise we arn't actually well of, im getting worried, with my career choice, all i want is to be happy and not have to worry about money in my life.

What advice would you give to me, i appreciate all views, atm i have 4-5 grand in an ING account at 4.5% per annum, and 2 grand or so in shares. I have been working at this damn supermarket for 4 years, and i get around 10$ an hour, however working in a deli for this long at my age, makes me feel like ****. I hate it, and would rather find a job i enjoy. Im just not sure what avenue to take.

I also read the article Pook posted, where Steve Jobs talked about finding the thing you LOVE, i obviously havn't found this, but i would love to, im just not sure what avenue i should take to find it. Im studying a course at uni, which i am somewhat enjoying, but i wouldn't say i love it.

Last edited:

Skel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most peoples dreams are to get a job they love and get paid wel. Unfortunately 95% of us are stuck in ****ty jobs we hate. Thats just life. 95% of people...and excuse me for pulling statistics out of my ass..but most people arent well off. I lived above a gaststation with my family. The city was infested with gangs, but thats just what we could afford. Things get better if you work to make them better but they dont happen overnight.

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
invest some time and money in a network marketing buisness.

sifer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by undesputable
invest some time and money in a network marketing buisness.
If I'm not wrong, I believe you're talking about MLM, which I usually take as a scam.

http://www.quatloos.com/mlm/mlm.htm

It's much like today's popular http://www.4Daily.com .

While I do have a friend who make free extra $1,000 a month (and has been trying to convince me to join), and some who make only $0.25 a day, you have to be on the top, my friend just happened to market 3 website just for 4Daily and myspace for it. Many people join, thus giving him bonus and referals.

I just wouldn't advise it.

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yes there are scams but there are also legitimate companies with good network marketing systems.

spider_007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
frist of all, you mentioned your going to uni? what are you taking? and please don't tell me some bull sh1t like psychology/ marketing...........or I will kick you in the nuts right now. also what kind of meds are you taking????

2nd- try and find out if your mom has enought money saved to put you through school. if not, you'll have to do it your self (LIKE I AM)

3rd-does your school leave you enough time to work more hours.

Life is a balance. If you got bills to pay, you can't aford to be picky. You take the job that will pay the most (FOR NOW). another thing. DON'T MAKE THE MISTAKE YOUR PARENTS ARE MAKING. Ever heard of the expression "keeping up with the Jonses" In another words; DON'T LIVE BEYOND YOUR MEANS. I make more money then good deal of my buddies. they drive nice cars, ware nice closes, BUT ARE ALWAYS BROKE, AND ALWAYS WILL BE. I have 25 000 in the bank but I drive a plain NEON. And that is because I know I can't aford to be trowing money out of my azz. I have a morgage, car insurence that is killing me, and other bills to pay (excluding putting my self through school), and if I lost my job (god forbid) I'd have little bit of a tough time.....

see if you can find a better job (better pay) with more hours. Responsability SUX ASS, but your growing up and it's time to start doing things. Momy and dady won't be there forever. (case in point)

It's funny, they teach you a whole bunch of things in school but they never teach you financial responsabilites

jiza101

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im studying geomatic science, i want to end up working off shore on an oil rig, or something to that extent. Yer atm, im not exactly really worried about money, but im just sick of my ****ing job in the deli, at the supermarket. I been there 4 years:down: If only i could get a job i enjoyed, i will have to start looking around. Any of you got job ideas :confused:

The Bartender

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sick of your job? Look at my name < ...and figure out a way to do that.

1. Girls
2. Money (Cash everyday)
3. Booze

Pfeile

Don Juan
Reaction score
Why are you only getting 4.5% interest jiza? I have about 4-5 grand in an ING account as well and the rate is 5.40%! http://www.ingdirect.com.au/personal/savings_max.htm

I started first year uni this year and I'm also doing something that I'm enjoying, but not loving. Ask yourself, do you really want to do that job for the rest of your life if you don't love it? What do you really want? I've been asking myself those questions this year and I know what I want to do, just not how. And I've really got to get started. Every day is one more opportunity to get yourself closer to your dreams.

In regards to part time jobs, I deliver pizzas and its a pretty good job. Not only because what you do is fun and interesting (and the people I work with are cool) but also because you get pretty good tips. It varies (you get paid per delivery) but you usually earn about A$10/hour Mon-Thur, and A$20-25/hour Fri-Sun.