Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Advice to high school students.

Reaction score
You probably won't want to hear this, but these 4 years of your life do not determine your future with women. If your school is anything like mine was, only 5% percent of the guys (really hot guys, upperclassmen with status, etc.) have a chance with any of the HB7-10s. It's not about who you are, what your personality is, what kind of "game" you have, it's all about where you fall on the popularity chain and if you don't, you're pretty much screwed. You might have chances with some 5s if you aren't unpopular or hated, but if you want the HBs you probably aren't going to get them.

Where does this leave you? Worrying about your grades, so you can go to college and meet women the easy way, women that want to get to know you and won't judge you on superficial sh*t.

A lot of people will disagree, but high school is not the start to your dating life. Most women who were hot in my school are now fat or ugly. In other words, the women you're busy drooling over are likely peaking and while you're getting better, they'll be stuck thinking about their "glory years" when they're in their 20s.

The best thing you can do is forget about game altogether and just worry about getting the best grades possible. And if your grades are already top-notch and you feel the overwhelming need to meet girls, go to your local mall and meet girls from other towns where there isn't any drama.

(JJ)

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think this is terrible advice. The DJ mindset is one of someone that doesn't just accept things that do not meet his expectations. If someone's expectations are not met and he has the DJ mindset, he will do what is necessary to meet said expectations.

simply put, if you're not popular, get popular. It isn't as hard as it seems. join clubs, play sports, do well in class. all of the above can come with a little effort. once you start moving up the social food chain, your experiences with girls will come closer and closer together.

High school DOES provide a beginning to a person's dating life. It's the time in one's life when they learn many basic skills: from interacting with the opposite sex all the way up to fvcking.

I agree that high school in general doesn't determine your entire dating future, but wouldn't you much rather start out with a good foundation? its just like anything else. if you have a good foundation it leads you to make greater strides earlier than your peers. which equates to more pvssy.

when i started high school, i was a chunky, awkward kid with braces. i had the advantage of playing baseball and basketball, but i also joined tons of clubs, got into class office, and ended up as a candidate for prom king.
the point is, don't just accept things for the way they are if you're unhappy.

"be the change you wish to see in the world"-Mahatma Ghandi

Reaction score
Maybe your high school was different, but women don't care about your "inner game" at most high schools. If a girl is a HB8-10 freshman, she wants the quarterback or the really hot guy or the upperclassmen. Girls in high school don't care "oh I'm learning lines from a website and I have the DJ mindset." Girls in high school are arguably more shallow than any women you'll come across in 21 and up club.

Like I said, maybe your school was some experimental school or something, but everyone I know, their high schools it was about being the top guy, not faking or trying to be the top guy.

Am I saying to give up on women completely? No, I'm saying that when you're under 18, you should be learning the game and not so worried about breaking Wilt Chamberlain's lay count. Girls in high school are nothing like girls in the real world. A girl at age 16/17 thinks she knows everything, that she's entitled to whatever she wants. The same girl goes off to college for the first time and finds out that she's one of many, and if she wants to fit in she's going to have to adapt (i.e. be nicer, more open-minded, party with a lot of people not just an elite group, etc.)

You're 18, I don't expect you to understand, but if you're living on campus when you go off to college, you'll see what I mean.

(JJ)

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The Inner game is very important.
These girls are RIDICULOUSLY shallow. I just graduated, i know exactly how they are. But at the same time, they haven't had enough time to generate a b1tch shield, or become a feminist nazi. They also typically don't have much confidence. If you come on the scene with your inner game tight and your confidence high, it's definitely gonna work in your favor.

But I'm on a tangent there.

LittleRiverBand said:
Like I said, maybe your school was some experimental school or something, but everyone I know, their high schools it was about being the top guy, not faking or trying to be the top guy.
The top guy's only gonna be dating a couple girls at a time, tops.

unless you're at a tiny high school, that leaves many available options.

TRYING to be the top guy never hurt anyone, and as you move up the ranks, you gain more options. There's always someone better than you waiting in the wings. You'll never be THE top guy.

You make it sound as though there was one pretty girl at your hs and some guy got her before you had the chance. The thing about girls is that there's always another great one waiting to make you happy.

LittleRiverBand said:
Girls in high school are nothing like girls in the real world. A girl at age 16/17 thinks she knows everything, that she's entitled to whatever she wants.
High school guys are nothing like guys in the real world either. a guy at age 16/17 thinks he knows everything and that he's entitled to whatever he wants, also.

this proves very little. high schoolers are on probably the most level playing field of them all because very few have much experience. as you get older, the variance in experience level changes drastically, which, presumably, would make the game HARDER for a guy with less experience.

LittleRiverBand said:
You're 18, I don't expect you to understand, but if you're living on campus when you go off to college, you'll see what I mean.
well, anything's possible i suppose. But I will say that I'm glad that I'm going off to college with some experience with interacting and even having sex with some girls in high school, as opposed to the alternative.

Reaction score
I graduated in a class with about 400 women, and maybe 200 of those were black or cape verdean. For hot white girls as in HB8-10, there were maybe 10 of them, then maybe about 50 cute 6-7s. If you were semi-popular, meaning had a few of the right friends, knew people they knew, you could get the 6-7s, but if you were just a "regular guy" not even a nerd you weren't getting the 6-7s either. It was all about who was friends with who. Didn't matter what club you were in or how good your grades were. But the small handful 8-10s were off-limits to anyone who wasn't 1.)In their direct social circle. 2.)Very popular in your own right. 3.)Popular upperclassman. 4.)Had something of value to offer them.

So maybe the better advice to high school students or 13-14 year olds that are just entering high school is to make sure to make as many friends as possible. Even if you aren't "really popular" by having a lot of friends you can date the 6-7s and people won't bust the girl's balls for it.

(JJ)

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Here we go... now we're at the real truth.

LittleRiverBand said:
I graduated in a class with about 400 women, and maybe 200 of those were black or cape verdean. For hot white girls as in HB8-10, there were maybe 10 of them, then maybe about 50 cute 6-7s.
operating upon the scarcity mentality. :nono: Never a good idea.

You're missing my point entirely. High school is disproportionately weighted in the way that value is derived. Most of it is from social status. My point is that any high schooler can attain high status over the course of his high school tenure. All i suggested was using membership in clubs, athletics, and grades as a springboard to popularity and, thus, access to these scarce resources of cute white girls (or whatever any particular guy finds attractive)

Reaction score
Well the thread was originally intended for the guys on here whose outcome is already decided...they're class nerds or their school for whatever reason doesn't allow them to progress socially and they feel empty because they're watching the jock get laid by the hot girl and they aren't.

So my point was that instead of worrying about what can't be changed (if their situation can't be changed) or pining over the one or two "10s" in the school that want nothing to do with them, to make sure they have a future, not just so they get a college degree and a good job, but also so they have the opportunity to enjoy college in the first place.

You're lucky in that you were able to make improvements and go from chubby pimple guy to prom king. Not every school is that lenient and forgiving. In my school, the "groups" were pretty much decided by the first few months of freshman year. Some of the 10 HBs were dating guys from other towns or college-aged guys.

So I'm saying for those guys, they're better off hitting the books, making friends other places, and worrying about dating and having sex when the HBs are abundant in college.

eaglez1177

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
(JJ) said:
I think this is terrible advice. The DJ mindset is one of someone that doesn't just accept things that do not meet his expectations. If someone's expectations are not met and he has the DJ mindset, he will do what is necessary to meet said expectations.

simply put, if you're not popular, get popular. It isn't as hard as it seems. join clubs, play sports, do well in class. all of the above can come with a little effort. once you start moving up the social food chain, your experiences with girls will come closer and closer together.

High school DOES provide a beginning to a person's dating life. It's the time in one's life when they learn many basic skills: from interacting with the opposite sex all the way up to fvcking.

I agree that high school in general doesn't determine your entire dating future, but wouldn't you much rather start out with a good foundation? its just like anything else. if you have a good foundation it leads you to make greater strides earlier than your peers. which equates to more pvssy.

when i started high school, i was a chunky, awkward kid with braces. i had the advantage of playing baseball and basketball, but i also joined tons of clubs, got into class office, and ended up as a candidate for prom king.
the point is, don't just accept things for the way they are if you're unhappy.

"be the change you wish to see in the world"-Mahatma Ghandi
Excellent advice JJ, I completely agree with you.

As for LittleRiverBand, you got a lot of learning to do son.

Reaction score
eaglez1177 said:
Excellent advice JJ, I completely agree with you.

As for LittleRiverBand, you got a lot of learning to do son.
You guys can live in your "looks don't matter" "just have the DJ mindset" routine, but you'll see how far that gets you in the real world. Maybe you two were lucky enough to go to a high school where there weren't clicks or maybe you guys dated 5s or something, but at every high school I've known the HB10s only dated certain guys.

Last edited:

(JJ)

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Fair enough. If your situation CAN'T be changed, then obviously there's not much you can do about it. BUT I'd be willing to bet that most can make little changes here and there to open up doors of opportunity... and that's what they're SUPPOSED to be doing.

Focusing on hitting the books more than anything is something I'll definitely agree with, you're right. If absolutely nothing else, high school's basic function is preparing you for college. But, there are other things that go on in college that can't be learned out of a book that high school should prepare you for, such as social interactions.

But I'm proof that you can, in some lucky circumstances like mine, have your cake and eat it too. I graduated with experience with women and sat on stage at graduation as my class' treasurer. It is lucky and I'm blessed to have gotten the chances, opportunities, or whatever other thing to work in my favor, but it can be done. So why not strive for the good life :)

EDIT: Looks do matter somewhat, but that's a topic addressed in COUNTLESS other threads, not really the point of this one. so what they date certain guys? what's stopping you from BEING that "certain" guy? NOTHING except yourself, your own self doubt, and any other problems you walk around not addressing.

TylerVici

Reaction score
Why not take the middle route? Work on your inner game by studying etc 60% of the time, and if an opportunity arises, even a small one, to get the HB, then go for it, like JJ is saying. That's my philosophy anyway. High school dating seems extremely pointless sometimes anyway. If you have no experience in highschool, when you get to college you can just fake it till you make it and most likely no one will ever know. Not that it matters if they know anyway.

"My theory is that if you look confident you can pull off anything - even if you have no clue what you're doing." - Jessica Alba

Reaction score
"Why not take the middle route? Work on your inner game by studying etc 60% of the time, and if an opportunity arises, even a small one, to get the HB, then go for it, like JJ is saying. That's my philosophy anyway."

Nothing wrong with that. This was just directed at the guys in the forum who seem desperate because they haven't had any chances in high school.

"High school dating seems extremely pointless sometimes anyway."

Yes, a friend of mine says "Real dating" counts when you turn 18. Of course if you had sex with a girl before you're 18 it counts but he's saying relationships don't mean anything at that age. The word love is thrown around when two people barely like each other.

"If you have no experience in highschool, when you get to college you can just fake it till you make it and most likely no one will ever know. Not that it matters if they know anyway."

They won't care. If you told your friends or a girl (not that you should do that, but if you were to) that you're a virgin or never had a girlfriend, they wouldn't look down on you for it. It's when after you go to college for 4 years and you're still dateless and sexless that people start to think it's weird.

My overall message was just that better opportunities await. If you're fortunate enough to land your high school crush and date her or bang her, that's great. But going into college inexperienced is no big deal.

jeffthechef

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it's a little of everything..and every girl falls into different categories

i've had hb's chase me for my looks...intellect...

but i've also had hb's reject me for my social status because i continue to hang out with EVERYONE..jocks and geeks...
so you'll find some hb's who aren't superficial...and some that are
but when you do game...you shouldn't constrain yourself to women you think you can get...that's what pisses me off when i talk to my guy friends...it seems as though many of them do that...they always say, "she's impossible for me to get" "she's too popular" "im not good enough"...chances are many social/physical/intellectual factors do matter...but that shouldn't stop you from getting the HB's...just don't make that your priority in high school.

high school does not determine your future...but it's a good idea to get some practice...at least a couple "relationships"...after my first two..in middle school...i realized that i would not meet my future wife in high school, probably....

In the end...school should come first...then your passions...then ladies...and it's like a buffet...you should get a little of everything at least, but mainly the important food groups...

GQ_Confidence_1

Don Juan
Reaction score
Highschool years are crucial IMO. Esp 16-20.

I think many people spend the rest of their lives trying to compensate for terrible years from 16-20, no friends, no girls, no social skills. By 28 or 32, they're overcompensating in BMW's and Porsches, being aggressive, being someone they're not, etc.

My biggest advice, follow your internal urges. There's a thread here about, "live like you have a d*ck", that's the truth. Teenage c*cks don't tell you to play pokemon all summer, or read comics all summer.

-Use it to experiment socially.
-Use it to as a springboard for college, where it gets better, much better.
-Use it as a springboard to find yourself later.

But don't go through highschool regretting all of it, its too valuable. Those years are too valuable.

CaptainJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have to agree with the OP here. Gaming girls in High school is so damn superficial. You MUST be popular to get the hot girls. I don't have enough time to worry about my "popularity rating" to game the hot chicks, there are more important things like developing your skills, getting good grades etc.

By all means, it's important to develop your social skills, but the way some people do it in high school is so superficial. I have the perfect example:

I had a best friend from the first years of High School, who used to be quite shy, and a nobody, even hated. He changed and became a genuine cool and social guy, which made him quite popular. However, he then took this one step further, and developed a "Tough guy, bad boy" personality. This tough guy personality, he puts on for show, to get with girls and be the alpha dog, yet when i hang around him, it's back to typical cool guy. It's extremely superficial as well, because it looks like it requires a lot of wilpower for him to maintain this bad boy personality. And it does work, he is well knowned for getting with loads of girls, yet it is only because of the bad boy facade he has.

Fair enough he gets a lot of girls, but he's faking it all, putting on a total show to gain popularity and girls. This is what high School does to some, their "image" becomes an obsession in need of constant maintenance. Vanity is a high flier.

Also in my Secondary school, all the hot girls have boyfriends, and a few that don't are too frigid or hung up on a particular guy to get one. There's literally zero prospect for game here. I have had to lower my standards and aim for lower quality girls because of the sheer drought.

But anyway, it's not all that worthwile building a huge social image for yourself, as the effects can be often destructive for fakers. Worry about more impotant things like grades.

(JJ)

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
CaptainJ said:
I have to agree with the OP here. Gaming girls in High school is so damn superficial. You MUST be popular to get the hot girls. I don't have enough time to worry about my "popularity rating" to game the hot chicks, there are more important things like developing your skills, getting good grades etc.

By all means, it's important to develop your social skills, but the way some people do it in high school is so superficial. I have the perfect example:

I had a best friend from the first years of High School, who used to be quite shy, and a nobody, even hated. He changed and became a genuine cool and social guy, which made him quite popular. However, he then took this one step further, and developed a "Tough guy, bad boy" personality. This tough guy personality, he puts on for show, to get with girls and be the alpha dog, yet when i hang around him, it's back to typical cool guy. It's extremely superficial as well, because it looks like it requires a lot of wilpower for him to maintain this bad boy personality. And it does work, he is well knowned for getting with loads of girls, yet it is only because of the bad boy facade he has.

Fair enough he gets a lot of girls, but he's faking it all, putting on a total show to gain popularity and girls. This is what high School does to some, their "image" becomes an obsession in need of constant maintenance. Vanity is a high flier.

Also in my Secondary school, all the hot girls have boyfriends, and a few that don't are too frigid or hung up on a particular guy to get one. There's literally zero prospect for game here. I have had to lower my standards and aim for lower quality girls because of the sheer drought.

But anyway, it's not all that worthwile building a huge social image for yourself, as the effects can be often destructive for fakers. Worry about more impotant things like grades.
okay, so you have to be popular. no one ever said you didn't. all i said was to GET popular. make the effort to become that cool guy, the step your friend took before he turned into tough guy douchebag.

Honestly, his approach doesn't sound wrong at all. If he was acting the way he does to pick up girls towards you, you wouldnt give him positive results. everything is results oriented, like it or not. that's how we develop our personalities, and how we develop anything. we practice sports so that we can get better results. we learn game to get better results.

who would you rather be? the guy that gets loads of girls because he figures out what works or the guy on the internet bringing him down because of the superficiality of it all? i pick option one.

yes it is superficial, no it is not impossible.

"zero prospect for game?" give me a break. you don't have a mall? you don't have parties at your high school? all the girls dating a particular guy are gonna marry that guy? i think i smell bs. you lower your standards because it makes it easier, not out of necessity. i'm not saying that's the WRONG route, per se, because you chose it and you like it (i think). I'm saying I wouldn't choose that because there are always prospects for game.

But totally balance it with getting good grades! thats extremely important! because that opens up so much more opportunity in college

eaglez1177

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys are all leaving out one MAJOR part of this. You're only referring to the hot chicks at your OWN school, and NOT OTHER schools!!!!

You dont need to be popular in highschool to get hot chicks. You could be the most unpopular kid at your school, yet still get the hottest chicks ever cuz they go to different schools and dont know anything about your popularity. Chicks from other schools have no idea of knowing how popular you are, so the entire popularity thing is completely out of the picture.

Cassanova_Child

Don Juan
Reaction score
eaglez1177 said:
You guys are all leaving out one MAJOR part of this. You're only referring to the hot chicks at your OWN school, and NOT OTHER schools!!!!

You dont need to be popular in highschool to get hot chicks. You could be the most unpopular kid at your school, yet still get the hottest chicks ever cuz they go to different schools and dont know anything about your popularity. Chicks from other schools have no idea of knowing how popular you are, so the entire popularity thing is completely out of the picture.
and this is the crux of the matter. the harder question is how do you meet these girls from other schools in a setting that leaves them open to you, without other people from your school, who WILL tell them about your social status.

CaptainJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
(JJ) said:
okay, so you have to be popular. no one ever said you didn't. all i said was to GET popular. make the effort to become that cool guy, the step your friend took before he turned into tough guy douchebag.

Honestly, his approach doesn't sound wrong at all. If he was acting the way he does to pick up girls towards you, you wouldnt give him positive results. everything is results oriented, like it or not. that's how we develop our personalities, and how we develop anything. we practice sports so that we can get better results. we learn game to get better results.

who would you rather be? the guy that gets loads of girls because he figures out what works or the guy on the internet bringing him down because of the superficiality of it all? i pick option one.

yes it is superficial, no it is not impossible.

"zero prospect for game?" give me a break. you don't have a mall? you don't have parties at your high school? all the girls dating a particular guy are gonna marry that guy? i think i smell bs. you lower your standards because it makes it easier, not out of necessity. i'm not saying that's the WRONG route, per se, because you chose it and you like it (i think). I'm saying I wouldn't choose that because there are always prospects for game.

But totally balance it with getting good grades! thats extremely important! because that opens up so much more opportunity in college
What's up with the assault? I wasn't arguing against you, just presenting my point of view of high school game. I'm not bringing down my friend, he's a good guy and I like him, it's just I'm not willing to go to the lengths that he will go to in order to pull girls. The facade he has to create is not worth the hassle in my opinion.

It differs for a lot of highschools about the exhausted oportunities part however. My secondary school is full of middle-upper class frigid girls. Every boy can attest to it, and they agree on the exhausted opportunities in our year. There's really little prospect in my school for game, and it's a much better idea to look to different schools. I'm sure my school is the exception, and I was just stating how game flies in my school, even though it may have gone off topic.

But still the fact remains, high school game is superficial, and relies on popularity. Both a good and a bad thing. It's up to you whether you want to put a lot of work into creating a flawless image of yourself, but it's not for everyone. More important things to worry about, High school is just a springboard into later life and people should not get so obsessed over its social aspects, when they will not apply at all later on.

Lumberyard

Don Juan
Reaction score
You may try to apply this to speaking to girls in your own particular HS, but even then I have to disagree with most of this. I know I've pulled myself against your theory too, along with multiple other people I can remember off the top of my head.

Furthermore, if you go to a party with people from other towns, it turns into your game and ability to manage the crowd, instantly. I can't imagine having gone to a HS like some of you guys, must mess with the students mindsets.