Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Advice - married with kids, but lonely

Reggie

Reaction score
I love my wife, and I love my kids, but I also love picking up and talking to women. I'm not a great person, I realize that, but this is who I am and I've come to accept it.

Being married with kids means very little opportunity to "play the game". My friends all enjoy staying at home and it's just not possible for me to go out by myself without arousing suspicion.

I'm currently working on a few different women, but it's moving at a snails pace:

1. Mom at my kids school who I see once a week if I'm lucky.
  2. Random girl in my office building who I tease when I see her in the hall. Don't know her name yet.
  3. Girl in my office. Yes, I know the saying "Don't dip your pen in the company ink"
  4. Girl who lives far away that I met on a business trip.
#1 is the most frustrating because there's some chemistry, but she hasn't accepted my online friend request; hoping to run into her this week though.

Here's my problem. I want more, but I don't know how to get it. I can't do any online stuff like Tinder because I don't want my picture out there. I feel lost and lonely.

Any advice? (Please judge me for being terrible, but advice is appreciated)

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
This is gonna be hard to hear.

When I'm in any LTR I'd be 100% faithful, I do flirt here and there not because I want to but it's an subconscious act, I've been having different women in my life for so long that it's become 2nd nature. This is something I don't actually realise until someone from the opposite s€x takes it as an invitation for something more. When I refuse those women gets aggressive and either takes it as a challenge or be insulted. Unfortunately most will take that as a challenge. Even though my girlfriend has accepted that im predisposed to attract women it does pose a major problem for her and what hurts her will ultimately affect me. And it does.

Now what u r going through is a phase that everyone goes through in a LTR. If you continue down the path you desire I'm fairly certain you'll be caught, sooner or later you will. But that's not the problem. The problem would be those lies that you come up with to your kids and wife, over time this would ultimately change you into something else.

A lot of people on this forum keep talking abt frame, some might equate it to a man's reputation. Having a reputation as a playboy is nothing wrong but for a married man with kids it's bound to have negative effect to those you love and care.

Rather long reply here, cutting it short; work on your marriage and s€x life within your marriage. Make it exciting. Take some time off from kids and work. Bring your wife on a holiday, have some kinky s€x...

Augustus_McCrae

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I love my wife, and I love my kids, but I also love picking up and talking to women. I'm not a great person, I realize that, but this is who I am and I've come to accept it.

Being married with kids means very little opportunity to "play the game". My friends all enjoy staying at home and it's just not possible for me to go out by myself without arousing suspicion.

I'm currently working on a few different women, but it's moving at a snails pace:

1. Mom at my kids school who I see once a week if I'm lucky.
  2. Random girl in my office building who I tease when I see her in the hall. Don't know her name yet.
  3. Girl in my office. Yes, I know the saying "Don't dip your pen in the company ink"
  4. Girl who lives far away that I met on a business trip.
#1 is the most frustrating because there's some chemistry, but she hasn't accepted my online friend request; hoping to run into her this week though.

Here's my problem. I want more, but I don't know how to get it. I can't do any online stuff like Tinder because I don't want my picture out there. I feel lost and lonely.

Any advice? (Please judge me for being terrible, but advice is appreciated)
If you love your wife and want to stay married, don’t fool around.

-Augustus-

Billtx49

Reaction score
If you continue with this line of thinking things could get very messed up faster than you want and go beyond your control. It’s the road you don't want to take…
I suggest you keep it clean and make the decision to either stay married without straying or get a divorce and play the field.

Last edited:

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, no one needs to judge you, because you already know you're a horrible person. Lolz!!!:p

You've already judged yourself.

What's the verdict?

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nobody can tell you what you can or can't do.

I will give you this advice. If you are dead set on cheating on your wife, do these things:

- Stay off the internet (friend request? serious, are you insane?)
- Get a separate phone
- Stop messing with women at work

Since, I don't want to get banned, I'll stop short of calling you a complete idiot, but if you continue to do the 3 things above, look in the mirror.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yet another thread about having an affair...

If you want to have an affair but have absolutely no clue how to go about it (or even what you're doing), you should read The Cheat Manual. Before you jump into anything, you need to read this. It will give you the do's, dont's, and everything in there falls in line with the seduction strategies and techniques touted on this site. You can read it here.

highSpeed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You have a family. What the fvck are you doing? Divorce your wife if you want to play the field.
Obviously you've never been married. Or if you were, you either had a semi-sane ex-wife who wasn't looking to ruin your life, didn't have kids, didn't have anything to give away at the time or any combination of these items. Most women, if you have anything and you have kids, they're lazy, entitled and generally don't give a crap about the man. Your money? Gone, at least half. It doesn't matter what state you live in at this point, the woman, even if she's the biggest b*tch in the world, is entitled to half, pure and simple. Even if you signed an "air-tight" prenup, the judge can wipe their butt with it and throw that out in a second, especially if there are kids involved.

And yep, your kids? Gone, at least for the few days a month that you're allowed to see them. Oh, but you're still responsible for paying through the nose for them. And when they reach their adult years, after years of mental programming by mom, are probably not going to like and/or respect you very much. All of this co-parenting nonsense, that's all it is, nonsense. How many guys you know, ex or not, are going to be thrilled with the thought of mom bringing some other guy into the house to play dad and bang her in the bed you paid for? Right, about none.

Marriage is a minefield. Look, take it from someone who's played that game twice and lost both times. Me, I had a longing for a partner, a companion, a built in f*ck buddy but that doesn't exist anymore. Women don't do things for the good of the family, they do things for the good of themselves. Back before you could walk the guy into court and screw him royally, there was some type of loyalty but it was mostly forced. If women left back then, good kids, goodbye finances, hello shrew world. Is there genuine love between spouses at this point? Sure, I peg that percentage around 15%, maybe 20% max. There's also probably about 20-25% that are functional in some way. That usually means the guy has to give in but he does so for the good of his family and the good of his wallet. And that gets you to right around the 50% mark. Take another 15-20% of people, mostly men again, that can somehow stand being miserable every day and that takes you to right around 50-65% of people that can make it through marriage for some extended period of time.

Me, I probably fall somewhere into the functional/miserable categories. My wife? She's tolerable around, if I'm lucky, 50% of the time during good periods and about 30% of time during the bad ones. She touchy, entitled, unavailable and generally difficult to be around at least half of the time and that's when she's in a good mood. Now why may you ask, do I tolerate that? Because I'm stupid and didn't have a prenup. I'll admit, my career was mediocre at best when we got together and has since flourished, all on my work as she's a stay at home mom (we agreed to that but I wasn't aware of the person I was dealing with, I know though, big mistake but we wanted a traditional household. At least a traditional household by her standards, I do all the work and she does all the momming and ignores me). So now, I have someone who lives with me and raises the kids. I work a good bit, so I don't get to interact as much as I want but I still make it to all functions, play with them pretty much every day and enjoy, to some degree, being a dad. It's tough to enjoy when you try to parent with someone who you're supposed to be married to but acts more as an acquaintance who tolerates you being there because you contribute the funds to make it all work.

So days revolve around the kids and nights I'm on my own. She slips up to bed around ten, the kids went to sleep around nine and if I'm lucky some nights, she might deign to speak with me for a few minutes before she inexorably says she's exhausted and either falls asleep on the couch or goes right to bed. I literally can't sleep in bed with her because she snores like a freight train and if I did, I'd never get any sleep. Doesn't matter anyway because she allows the kids to sleep in bed with her every night. I literally get no companionship, next to no s*x either. Would I leave if I didn't have kids or money on the line? IN A STONE COLD SECOND!!!!!! But it's not that simple.

Now I say all of this, at least I'm venting to some degree, because it's not fair to judge him. He admits he's not a great buy, may or may not be true I don't know, but it's insanely difficult to stay in a "monogamous" relationship when he may very well not have any companionship or s*x in his marriage. If he doesn't, I'm not going to blame him all that much. You can stand on the sidelines and say, "Oh, you should leave and play the field" but as I've already said, it's not that simple, not by a long shot. Feel free to snipe away.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This isn't the 1950's. A lot of married couples have alternative arrangements. The OP should tell his wife how he feels. Women tend to care more about being lied to and deceived than they care where you put your d!ck.

highSpeed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This isn't the 1950's. A lot of married couples have alternative arrangements. The OP should tell his wife how he feels. Women tend to care more about being lied to and deceived than they care where you put your d!ck.
I have yet to meet the woman who doesn't give a sh*t where you put your d*ck. Perhaps I'm traveling in the wrong circles.

R.U.G.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Obviously you've never been married. Or if you were, you either had a semi-sane ex-wife who wasn't looking to ruin your life, didn't have kids, didn't have anything to give away at the time or any combination of these items. Most women, if you have anything and you have kids, they're lazy, entitled and generally don't give a crap about the man. Your money? Gone, at least half. It doesn't matter what state you live in at this point, the woman, even if she's the biggest b*tch in the world, is entitled to half, pure and simple. Even if you signed an "air-tight" prenup, the judge can wipe their butt with it and throw that out in a second, especially if there are kids involved.

And yep, your kids? Gone, at least for the few days a month that you're allowed to see them. Oh, but you're still responsible for paying through the nose for them. And when they reach their adult years, after years of mental programming by mom, are probably not going to like and/or respect you very much. All of this co-parenting nonsense, that's all it is, nonsense. How many guys you know, ex or not, are going to be thrilled with the thought of mom bringing some other guy into the house to play dad and bang her in the bed you paid for? Right, about none.

Marriage is a minefield. Look, take it from someone who's played that game twice and lost both times. Me, I had a longing for a partner, a companion, a built in f*ck buddy but that doesn't exist anymore. Women don't do things for the good of the family, they do things for the good of themselves. Back before you could walk the guy into court and screw him royally, there was some type of loyalty but it was mostly forced. If women left back then, good kids, goodbye finances, hello shrew world. Is there genuine love between spouses at this point? Sure, I peg that percentage around 15%, maybe 20% max. There's also probably about 20-25% that are functional in some way. That usually means the guy has to give in but he does so for the good of his family and the good of his wallet. And that gets you to right around the 50% mark. Take another 15-20% of people, mostly men again, that can somehow stand being miserable every day and that takes you to right around 50-65% of people that can make it through marriage for some extended period of time.

Me, I probably fall somewhere into the functional/miserable categories. My wife? She's tolerable around, if I'm lucky, 50% of the time during good periods and about 30% of time during the bad ones. She touchy, entitled, unavailable and generally difficult to be around at least half of the time and that's when she's in a good mood. Now why may you ask, do I tolerate that? Because I'm stupid and didn't have a prenup. I'll admit, my career was mediocre at best when we got together and has since flourished, all on my work as she's a stay at home mom (we agreed to that but I wasn't aware of the person I was dealing with, I know though, big mistake but we wanted a traditional household. At least a traditional household by her standards, I do all the work and she does all the momming and ignores me). So now, I have someone who lives with me and raises the kids. I work a good bit, so I don't get to interact as much as I want but I still make it to all functions, play with them pretty much every day and enjoy, to some degree, being a dad. It's tough to enjoy when you try to parent with someone who you're supposed to be married to but acts more as an acquaintance who tolerates you being there because you contribute the funds to make it all work.

So days revolve around the kids and nights I'm on my own. She slips up to bed around ten, the kids went to sleep around nine and if I'm lucky some nights, she might deign to speak with me for a few minutes before she inexorably says she's exhausted and either falls asleep on the couch or goes right to bed. I literally can't sleep in bed with her because she snores like a freight train and if I did, I'd never get any sleep. Doesn't matter anyway because she allows the kids to sleep in bed with her every night. I literally get no companionship, next to no s*x either. Would I leave if I didn't have kids or money on the line? IN A STONE COLD SECOND!!!!!! But it's not that simple.

Now I say all of this, at least I'm venting to some degree, because it's not fair to judge him. He admits he's not a great buy, may or may not be true I don't know, but it's insanely difficult to stay in a "monogamous" relationship when he may very well not have any companionship or s*x in his marriage. If he doesn't, I'm not going to blame him all that much. You can stand on the sidelines and say, "Oh, you should leave and play the field" but as I've already said, it's not that simple, not by a long shot. Feel free to snipe away.
Yea, I was married, and yea I was divorced. My ex-wife did the same exact sh!t as you are listing except wasn't a SAHM. Sh!t changed very fast after we got married. When the sex dried up, she offered an open marriage, my response was to file for divorce not too long after that wonderful offer. It was expensive, but I couldn't take it anymore. Marriage is a rigged system. However, if one is married and has kids, they should get divorced if one wants to play the field.

highSpeed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea, I was married, and yea I was divorced. My ex-wife did the same exact sh!t as you are listing except wasn't a SAHM. Sh!t changed very fast after we got married. When the sex dried up, she offered an open marriage, my response was to file for divorce not too long after that wonderful offer. It was expensive, but I couldn't take it anymore. Marriage is a rigged system. However, if one is married and has kids, they should get divorced if one wants to play the field.
I've threatened to get a side piece and my wife says go ahead. That's a loaded situation though because whether she knows or doesn't know I've gone and done that, I'm screwed, Courts don't look kindly on guys who screw around. She knows I'm fairly powerless in the situation I'm in and so doesn't feel any agency to go about making the relationship better. I buy flowers, gifts, take her to dinner, rub her back, pretty much all of the sh*t a servant would do and supply money. I do that in hopes of our relationship improving and her realizing the investment I've made but I'm pretty sure it's futile. So I go about wasting whatever youth I have left for a minefield of a relationship where the best I can hope for most days is a stalemate. I'd leave but honestly, it took me almost 15 years to finally get to a point where I'm making pretty nice bank. Not to brag but I make about 300k a year. Do I really want to split that with someone who did nothing to come by that career? Hell no. And besides, if you cut me in half, I still have school loans, she walks away probably living better than me. Ain't that a b*tch? She makes the relationship intolerable, I finallly get fed up and leave and I'm the one punished by watching her live better than me? No way, not doing that. And to put all that money into my kids to have them grow up resenting me? No way, not doing that either. So what's my move? Not sure, not sure there is a good move.

R.U.G.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not a lawyer, and family law attorneys are scum. However, I knew I had to exit a legal contract, as I just couldn't take it anymore. It is much harder if a marriage has kids. We didn't yet, and that was not going to happen. Money is very important, no doubt, but so is your sanity. You would need to weigh the pros and cons on how to unfvck your legal mess with your wife; should you want to. If your kids are close to adulthood, it might be an option to suck it up, then leave. However, only you can make that decision. Just remember, visit all the really good lawyers first so your wife cannot use them as representation against you. As far as an open marriage, it kinda goes against the original principles of marriage. No? Plus, it can be used in court against you. As you say, courts are extremely basis against men. It's unreal.

The woman you marry is not necessarily the woman you will divorce.

Sneaky Pete

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yet another thread about having an affair...

If you want to have an affair but have absolutely no clue how to go about it (or even what you're doing), you should read The Cheat Manual. Before you jump into anything, you need to read this. It will give you the do's, dont's, and everything in there falls in line with the seduction strategies and techniques touted on this site. You can read it here.
Thanks for the tip! I’m reading the manual NOW!

Dingo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No judgement here...

I'm unhappily married and have had a mistress for five years now.

All I'm gonna say is guard your heart... You catch real feelings and you go deep in the rabbit hole and it is almost impossible to get out without major pain.

Seriously... Screw escorts... have one night stands just don't start another loving relationship...

Good luck.

highSpeed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not a lawyer, and family law attorneys are scum. However, I knew I had to exit a legal contract, as I just couldn't take it anymore. It is much harder if a marriage has kids. We didn't yet, and that was not going to happen. Money is very important, no doubt, but so is your sanity. You would need to weigh the pros and cons on how to unfvck your legal mess with your wife; should you want to. If your kids are close to adulthood, it might be an option to suck it up, then leave. However, only you can make that decision. Just remember, visit all the really good lawyers first so your wife cannot use them as representation against you. As far as an open marriage, it kinda goes against the original principles of marriage. No? Plus, it can be used in court against you. As you say, courts are extremely basis against men. It's unreal.

The woman you marry is not necessarily the woman you will divorce.
Let me add to that, the woman you marry is not the woman you dated. The woman you dated gave a sh*t about you, the woman you marry does not.

highSpeed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No judgement here...

I'm unhappily married and have had a mistress for five years now.

All I'm gonna say is guard your heart... You catch real feelings and you go deep in the rabbit hole and it is almost impossible to get out without major pain.

Seriously... Screw escorts... have one night stands just don't start another loving relationship...

Good luck.
You know, I used to look down on people who said that. Then I grew up, realized how f*cked modern relationships are after being in a few and I completely understand now.

Fzatf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You know, I used to look down on people who said that. Then I grew up, realized how f*cked modern relationships are after being in a few and I completely understand now.
I'm going through a divorce and am looking to pay child support for the next 14 years. I'm dating again but kind of jaded on marriage. I want to hear from you if it's better to be open to another marriage, or to be a bachelor for the rest of my life?

highSpeed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm going through a divorce and am looking to pay child support for the next 14 years. I'm dating again but kind of jaded on marriage. I want to hear from you if it's better to be open to another marriage, or to be a bachelor for the rest of my life?
It depends, are you going to treat it as a relationship and leave yourself open to getting screwed again or are you going to treat it like a business? If you treat it like a business, it could work out quite well for you. If you treat it like a relationship, it's most likely not going to go well for you. When you treat it like a relationship, you do stupid things you wouldn't normally do. You leave yourself open to getting screwed when you never would in a business.

Emotions are fine but you have to compartmentalize them, you have to separate them from the actual relationship, especially marriage, which like it or not, is a business. You've found out how much of a business it is when you got dragged into court. And that's the part you're never thinking of when you are finally getting your d*ck wet after however long. That's the part you're never thinking of when someone butters you up with compliments and you're filled with positive emotion about someone you don't know all that well. And this is all the part that helps you to make a bad business decision, marry someone you either don't know well enough or long enough, without any sort of contract in place. Then, the contract in place is the one that the state will enforce and that's one that will not favor the bread winner and/or the man.

You can marry but you have to have things in place that will protect you if for some reason they do not work out. I'm willing to bet, if someone wants to do the research on this as I'd love to see it and think I know the answer already, that those who have prenups in place generally do better in marriage, at least prenups that allow the man some amount of dignity if the marriage does not work out. Like the guy with the mistress said, guard your heart, it's truly the most valuable commodity that you have to give. It is the key to your time, your resources, your love and your future.