Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Advice for meeting girls at the gym needed.

alwayslead8821

Don Juan
Reaction score
There is a lot of girls at the gym I go to and I have been wanting to talk to them but i'm not sure how to open with them. It seems already like they are busy but I have noticed a good amount of them staring.

So hows the best way to open, and what would be a good way to get a number in that setting?

Johnny_Kage

Don Juan
Reaction score
Gyms are fine for meeting girls. Just be cool and friendly...just like in every other situation. No problem.

JK

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've personally never done it, and have only seen a few guys really pull it off. In one instance in Boston, the dude and the chick just started talking randomly. He was pretty serious about working out, so it wasn't like he was being 'that guy' or anything. All one can learn from that is that if you start shooting the ****, cool.

wjh

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been burned one too many times with girls and their bodies, whether they're just plain insecure or actually have some weird roll or nasty cellulite they hide until the last possible moment - so, I'm finding the gym to be a good place to get a good look at these girls without spending a dime. And, to determine how comfortable they are with their bodies by what they're wearing at the gym.

I just got out of a relationship, so I want to make sure that the next few girls that I date aren't a complete waste of time (if I can help it). I don't want to even go out to dinner with an average girl, or get drinks with a girl who's insecure about her body. I don't even want just the same ol' type of sex, I can call other girls up for that.

There's someone else who mentioned that they'd probably meet a girl they were going to marry at the gym, and although I'm not looking to get married, I definitely see the benefit in meeting girls here (from a pre-qualification stand point). Again, I'm also not in the mood to date for the sake of dating, I want something pretty specific.

Here's my problem, and it's similar to yours, I'm not always so sure how to open them. Gyms aren't exactly places I want to crash and burn in, from a pick up perspective, because the main reason I go to the gym is to get fit (it's business). But I do want to start meeting some girls there for the reasons I stated above. The last girl I did talk to looked much better from afar, so I'm glad I wasn't very aggressive initially, because that would have been bad since she was really responsive. And I think that's key, since it's practically implied that most guys are sleezy in gyms, that you really have to work conversations in casually while not being socially awkward.

Sure, the case can be made that you should always be pretty aggressive, not afraid to show your intentions, etc., but I prefer a more subtle approach since I'm not ugly and I'm certainly not socially awkward.

I think that speaks to a broader question, of a more hollistic approach to how you view yourself and your potential-self, and how that relates to you in the context of gym approaches. I've thought about, and have logically sounded out, my reasons for approaching girls in the gym the way I want to. If you're a complete noob to the game, you're not going to have the self-awareness to understand why you may not want to do something or another in any given particular situation, but that's OK. You can develop that with experience.

Fortunately for me, I have a 24 hour fitness membership and I can work out at multiple clubs and a whole other membership to smaller private gym.

Also, it helps to note that at the gym, or at the beach, your goods are much more on display, and girls are very much aware of how fit you may or not be, and it will ALWAYS help your game if you're in better shape than not. So keep in mind that the primary reason you're there is to get in better shape and look and feel good about yourself. I'm not completely happy with my body so I'm working on it.

SBW

Don Juan
Reaction score
It depends on the gym IME.

The one I currently go to is not good at all, although an excellent gym and near my home, it has a wide range of activities/facillities and many families/partners or company groups go there. Saying that, if you go-in later (after 8pm) on a Friday.Saturday night, there are a good few singles of both sexes who go in for a session prior to going out on the town.

The two I used before were pretty excellent for meeting and chatting to a variety of fit women though, although one was more the haunt of serious sportspeople/bodybuilders/pro footballers/police officers, and the other did tend to be a fashionable place, full of office girls sporting the most swanky kit and the latest accessories, trying to pull a rich guy.

alwayslead8821

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for your opinions everyone.. I think I will just go about as casualy as posible. I just moved half way across the country to this place and it seemed like a good place to meet some people. I'll just be as outgoing and friendly as I can be to as many people as possible then work on the ones I like.

SBW

Don Juan
Reaction score
alwayslead8821 said:
I just moved half way across the country to this place and it seemed like a good place to meet some people.
In that case, you should maybe look for a gym that has a range of social activities in its program as well? The second gym I mentioned was like that, with regular nights-out and parties for members. Quite a lot of people met and hooked-up at those.

I also found the spa could be a better place to meet and get talking than the gym itself.

alwayslead8821

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah they have some different activities that i'm starting to join. One of the problems is I have no wings for any of the bars here. I moved down here completely by myself.. But I guess I'm getting used to goin out solo and I am makin some more friends

guywhoneedshelp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
alwayslead8821 said:
There is a lot of girls at the gym I go to and I have been wanting to talk to them but i'm not sure how to open with them. It seems already like they are busy but I have noticed a good amount of them staring.

So hows the best way to open, and what would be a good way to get a number in that setting?
I've been a member of 3 gyms over the last 3 years and never really had much amount out of the girls I met there.

I have found some ways that it seems possible though:

1. Take a class at the gym. After my cycling class, I'll sit in the hot tub to relax my muscles. Often I recognize girls from the class, in which it's easy to start a conversation about how intense the cycling class was.

2. The juice bar and the girls that work at the front desk. You have to talk to them to get your protein shake, and you have to wait while she makes it. After some consistency, you can basically establish a friendship with the girls who work there. They usually work the juice bar and the front desk.