Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Adult in a teenagers body

Cbaoth

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone else here has this problem? I am 22 and although I am tall I regularly get placed at about 15 years because of my face (no facial hair, quite kid like).

I have been lifting for 4 months, 6 meals a day (basically 2 protein shakes a day, oatmeal, yohgurt/nuts and chicken breasts mainly). But it seems like my body is stuck in this skinny teenage thing.

Am I basically stuck with this? I don't really want to take the steroid route.

Any help would be great.

shrewd

Don Juan
Reaction score
pictures would be usefull, other then that i would suggest alot of steaks and beef instead of portein shakes. Also do heavy compound movements as they release the most testosterone. IE: squats, deadlifts, clean and press.

Don't take steroids, sure they temporarily increase test levels but once you go off the effects will be lost. Also the acne will just make you look younger/uglier.

DeathDealer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dunno how you look like, but it seems you are doing fine on the fitness/health route. Not sure about eating a lot of beef as it is high in fat. There are alternatives to that such as chicken breast, turkey (a little less protein but it's healthier)

MrFitness880

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
4 months is nothin man. you're just beginning to hit the weights. at this point you're still learning and developing some intensity.

you're not stuck skinny forever, but it will take time to pack on some size.

as far as facial features, well, thats pretty much genetic, but you probably think its a bigger problem than the girls do, so i wouldnt worry about that.

to my knowledge there isnt much you can do about that

shrewd

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DeathDealer
Dunno how you look like, but it seems you are doing fine on the fitness/health route. Not sure about eating a lot of beef as it is high in fat. There are alternatives to that such as chicken breast, turkey (a little less protein but it's healthier)
Yeah i know but everyone says red meat puts hair on your chest...so i thought it might me useful. Also it has more amino acids then chicken so it's better for bulking.

NiceGuy7

Reaction score
your obviously not eating enough. How many calories are you consuming now? Whats your routine are you doing compounds movements and are your stats going up?

Cbaoth

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies,

I have narrowed my routine down to mainly compound movements. Doing the hardgainer thing (low reps, heavy weight, short sessions). I went from 72kg to 79 and am now back down to 76 (I think the loss can be more attributed to eating cleaner food lately, so I am losing the fair amount of fat I had put on around my ab area).

I haven't seem to made a whole lot of strength gains lately. Im thinking I might take a week off over xmas, maybe look at changing the supps Im using and mix my routine around a little and have a fresh start.

NiceGuy: Havent counted my calories, have more been keeping an eye on my protein intake, doing about 1.5g's for every pound.

MrFitness: Thought that was the answer about my facial looks. Although if you do ask anyone who looks really young for there age, peoples perceptions of you are very different, less responsibility but also less respect, when you are referred to as the kid or the worlds tallest 12year old every day it gets a little annoying :p

I will keep at it and see where I am in another 4 months.

Mack Bishop

Don Juan
Reaction score
ive kinda got the same problem but im 18 and just started feelin the peach-fuzz on my chops

D'light

Don Juan
Reaction score
i wish i had peach fuzz at your age, 19 and shaving every day or otherwise it looks like shyt

Hot Ice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ask yourself:
Am I serious about bulking up?

If the answer is yes, this post is for you.

I get through some basic things here

-You must know that rest and correct diet is equally important to exercising. That's the good part of it!

-Start counting everything you eat!
Buy a little notebook to do so.
After EVERY meal, write down proteins, carbs, fat and calories.
From DIESEL's post you know the amounts.

-Eat peanut butter, nuts, yoghurt, milk, eggs (whites if you eat them much), cottage cheese!, oatmeal!, brown rice, pasta, tuna, chicken, cheese, lean meats, etc. Those that are high on protein and/or high on GOOD carbs and low on fat.

-It's really important to write everything down. It gives you motivation and security. And SUCCESS.

-Drink water a lot! Your body MUST be hydrated!

-Get at least 8 hours sleep each night, but not too much since you go to catabolic state when you sleep. I read on bodybuilding.com that you can make a MPR mixture for the night and wake up in the middle of the night and swallow that. But that's for if you take it REALLY seriously.

-Carbs: Eat as low GI carbs as possible before exercise and high GI carbs ONLY after gym. It is important to eat high GI carbs after gym and take fast absorbing protein after it. Whey is perfect for it.

-As little as possible machines. Compound movements kick ass!!

Again, I question if you are serious about it, if you are YOU GET THAT NOTEBOOK!

Cbaoth

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the post HotIce, I WILL get that notebook and get too it.

2xp

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Hot Ice

-Eat peanut butter, nuts,

-Carbs: Eat as low GI carbs as possible before exercise and high GI carbs ONLY after gym. It is important to eat high GI carbs after gym and take fast absorbing protein after it. Whey is perfect for it.
i thought that nuts and peanut butter = 100 % fat ??? so now it also contains protein or glucids ?

and excuse me again for my ignorance, what's an low GI / Hi GI carbs... examples ?

Hot Ice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i thought that nuts and peanut butter = 100 % fat ??? so now it also contains protein or glucids ?
No no. The fat is more like 50% depending on a nut, nuts are high in protein too.

The fat that is in nuts is good fat.
I'd remember that walnuts contain omega 3 that's good for heart.

and excuse me again for my ignorance, what's an low GI / Hi GI carbs... examples ?
GI stands for Glycemic index. Hard to explain since this is science and I lack vocabulary to it..
I'll give it a shot anyways.

Glycemic index is to measuring how fast a certain kind of carbohydrate turns into glucose and absorbs to the body. It is so far the best way to measure that since simple vs. complex carbs are not always that right when you just look at the structure.

When you eat a food that has high GI carbs your blood will get fast full of insulin. It gives you boost for few minutes, but then it will turn against you. That's why you shouldn't drink sugary stuff while training. Only take those drinks after workout.

Pre workout and all the other times you should eat as low GI carbs as possible so you get your insuline levels balanced and your body gets stable source of energy and you feel much better and your daily endurance is high. Pre workout low GI carbs help you to last as a champion through the tough exercising.

This has already been written down there is much to tell and to know about GI and carbohydrates and I higly recommend reading this article on bodybuilding.com for more detailed information:
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/zaino14.htm

There you can find the foods that are high and low GI plus all the other usefull information. This topic considered to bodybuilding is far more important that it might sound so I suggest you take it seriously.